PDA

View Full Version : Conor kenna

DmanDmythDledge
11/10/2007, 10:21 PM
...has played 63 consecutive league and cup games dating back to 6 May 2006, and has played the full 90 minutes in 60 consecutive games, a total of 5,400 minutes- amazing achievement for an outfield player. What a legend. Here's hoping that he'll last the rest of the season, touch wood.:)

DRDoc
11/10/2007, 10:32 PM
and he was substituted against Cork:)

DmanDmythDledge
11/10/2007, 10:34 PM
and he was substituted against Cork:)
:eek: I thought that was Bermingham that went off? Seem to remember Kenna going forward towards the end of the game...

Also should have mentioned earlier that all 5ft 10" of him out-jumped Clive Delaney last week.:cool:

DRDoc
11/10/2007, 11:02 PM
lol your right dman now that u mention it - it was bermo who went off

Schumi
12/10/2007, 11:47 AM
It would be a travesty if Kenna's playing-every-minute run was broken by a substitution. Leave him on Pete!

John83
12/10/2007, 2:40 PM
It would be a travesty if Kenna's playing-every-minute run was broken by a substitution. Leave him on Pete!
We'll have to threaten Hooper so he won't do anything silly like pointing out a broken leg to him.

lol your right dman now that u mention it - it was bermo who went off
Kenna went to left back, and a centre half came on for Bermingham. That's probably how you got that confused.

U-C-D
12/10/2007, 5:20 PM
tres impressive from kenna! and brilliant in all 63 of those games. the real question is will he be at UCD to continue that streak next year. lets hope so

mcglinchey
22/10/2007, 4:13 PM
honestly, you lot need to take them rose tinted glasses off. kenna is an average player AT BEST. if he was any good he'd of been snapped up long ago.

DmanDmythDledge
22/10/2007, 4:27 PM
He's wanted by a few clubs here and in Britain. I presume that now means he's class in your eyes.

The fact that he's played so many games in a row at CB with the options we have at the back speaks for itself. Most of us on here go to every game and form opinion based on his performances. On the other hand, your only connection with UCD seems to be some hard on for Alan McNally and have a moan when someone has the cheek to praise another defender.

And before you start another of your rants about rose tinted glasses and all that I think that McNally is superior player to Kenna in every area (bar heading of course:D).

62 and counting now...:)

mcglinchey
22/10/2007, 4:57 PM
ive no problem saying kenna is a good player,he is,plays very well at the back,my point is he is over hyped.

DmanDmythDledge
22/10/2007, 5:02 PM
ive no problem saying kenna is a good player,he is,plays very well at the back,my point is he is over hyped.

honestly, you lot need to take them rose tinted glasses off. kenna is an average player AT BEST. if he was any good he'd of been snapped up long ago.
looks like you have no problem saying Kenna is not a good player too.

mcglinchey
22/10/2007, 5:03 PM
our league is full of average players for god sake!! if they are of a superior quality the move on and go to england...its always kenna this and kenna that...what about the likes of ian bermngham and conan byrne who very seldom get a mention...

DmanDmythDledge
22/10/2007, 5:06 PM
our league is full of average players for god sake!! if they are of a superior quality the move on and go to england
First he's average, then he's good, now average again.

...its always kenna this and kenna that...what about the likes of ian bermngham and conan byrne who very seldom get a mention...
You obviously don't read the site often if you believe that. Just search for threads about either of the two players you named and you will see nothing but praise.

mcglinchey
22/10/2007, 5:10 PM
kenna is average like the rest of the players on the team,it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that if he is THAT good he will move on. should he move on to a decent english side i'll hold my hands up and say i'm wrong. but for me kenna has nothing spectacular that makes him stand out from the crowd. Thats all im saying.

Aberdonian Stu
22/10/2007, 5:36 PM
Kenna is the best defender in the club and probably the best we've produced since Clive Delaney (before he got rubbish). Technically Kenna is superior to Clive at his peak and only Delaney's all-round athleticism (he was more than just a tall guy) at the time would make him a match for Kenna today.

As for Conan Byrne not getting a mention. What???

The guy that has attained a massive cult status on a par with Tony Mac and only bettered in recent times by the fans' adulation of Micko.

Bald Student
22/10/2007, 5:37 PM
Conan is sponsored by STIG and gets an excessive amount of praise as a result.

Aberdonian Stu
22/10/2007, 5:41 PM
No he is sponsored by STIG because of the amount of praise he gets.

John83
22/10/2007, 6:31 PM
No he is sponsored by STIG because of the amount of praise he gets.
The two feed into each other. The more money he gets from STIG, the more we feel the need to praise him, which results in more sponsorship. It'll end in tears I tell you.

mcglinchey, we have no illusions that Kenna's the next Richard Dunne, but as a group we've always been fond of players who seem to give their all. The aforementioned adulation of Mick O'Donnell (a donkey of a player, but worked extremely hard and never gave up), or our cheers for Tony Mac, whose technical skills are often denigrated, or our sponsorship and praise of Conan Byrne, who is willing to chase the balls others will give up on, to force his way past a defender when it's easier to just take the easy pass (doing exactly that resulted in the winner against Dundalk in the cup), prove this.

That's not saying he's not a good player either: he's a couple of inches short of six foot, but I've seen him beat a monster like Clive Delaney in the air. He's an ever-present key player in a consistently stingy defence.

Oh, and by the way, screw you. We'll sing the praises of whomever we deem fit.

DmanDmythDledge
22/10/2007, 9:32 PM
He was rested tonight.:eek: Came on after 63 minutes. Mahon out.:mad::p