PDA

View Full Version : The Norwegians

The Sheliban
01/05/2003, 12:55 PM
Discussing this last night. Are the Norwegians the most likeable race in the world?
Their country has never done anything bad to another country. They've never had a famous ******* in their history. Their football team has never adopted cynical tactics or had dirty players, and their fans have never rioted.
Some of their Eurovision songs have been er, suspect, but ****, isn't it a point in their favour that they're crap at it.

Schumi
01/05/2003, 1:04 PM
Originally posted by The Sheliban
Their country has never done anything bad to another country. Do the Vikings count?

yur man
01/05/2003, 1:09 PM
norway isnt popular with whales ;)

The Sheliban
01/05/2003, 1:15 PM
I have no time at all for whales. Big bloody creatures poncing around the sea scaring all the other fish .

As for the Vikings? I dunno. Did Norway as a political entity exist then?. I know its only in the last century that they got independence from Sweden.

pete
01/05/2003, 1:28 PM
No matter who manages them or how many goals they score in qualifying Norway have to be the most boring tournament team over the last 10 years. Even last night the only time they got more than a few players in the opposition box was for long throwins.

I think the Vikings got to count as Norwegians as they pretty much inventted rape & pillaging which isn't a great start.
Wasn't Noble the dynamite inventor come from Norway?
What about their crimes against music in so many Eurovisions?

colster
01/05/2003, 1:35 PM
Norway are still using the same tactic of playing the long ball to a tall striker on the wing that the played in U.S. 94 world cup.

eoinh
01/05/2003, 1:45 PM
Originally posted by The Sheliban
Discussing this last night. Are the Norwegians the most likeable race in the world?
Their country has never done anything bad to another country. They've never had a famous ******* in their history. Their football team has never adopted cynical tactics or had dirty players, and their fans have never rioted.
Some of their Eurovision songs have been er, suspect, but ****, isn't it a point in their favour that they're crap at it.

I was there on my holidays last year. Brilliant place, no fear of crime, flew between places for $60 or got night trains. Really helpful and friendly people. Went to Oslo, Bergen (rains over 250 days of the year there), Trondheim (really happening town, full of nightlife, history, fantastic scenery, ski-trails, jumps etc), Bodo (up in the artic circle) and took a ship out to the Lofoten islands to the town of A (great name, easy to spell!). Wilderness outside of the major cities - saw moose, sea-eagles. People are FIT. It was norwegian vikings who came to Ireland so theres a lot about ireland in the Museums. Went on Ski jumping simulators - wow, its scary.

The Sheliban
01/05/2003, 1:46 PM
Oh, okay, then. I take it all back. The Norwegians are a right shower of *******s.

sadloserkid
01/05/2003, 3:05 PM
Hmmm... what about the Finns? They're pretty likeable too!

The Sheliban
01/05/2003, 3:21 PM
I was once on a ferry for 5 days going between Iceland, the Faroes, Bergen and Denmark. The Norwegians were very likeable and friendly. The Danes seemed a bit superior. The Faroese, not used to alcohol, were scuttered on half a pint and the miserable surly *******s up at the bar who just drank morning, noon and night were the Finns.

eoinh
01/05/2003, 3:26 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Hmmm... what about the Finns? They're pretty likeable too!

Well, actually ive been to Finland too. Another great palce. They are without doubt (as well as Hungarians) the friendliest people ive ever met. Although ild say they get depressed easily enough for some strange reason.

The Sheliban
01/05/2003, 3:55 PM
Is there any place you haven't been, Eoin?:)

eoinh
01/05/2003, 4:30 PM
Tanu Tuva (sadloserkid knows where it is) ;)

Free Tanu Tuva now