PDA

View Full Version : New Signing: Hedderman

NorthoftheLee
01/05/2003, 9:18 AM
some fella called robbie hedderman...he was an underage international ...went to aberdeen, came back 2 years later and trained with pats at the end of last year. Collins didnt want him...

He is a defender...cover at best I'd say.....

Neil
01/05/2003, 12:37 PM
eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/corkcity/story.asp?newsid=5265)

Hedderman picked up by Cork

Aberdeen central defender Robbie Hedderman has joined eircom Premier division side Cork City after been released from Scottish Premier League side Aberdeen, as the Dons begin a major clear-out.

The Dubliner joined Aberdeen in August 2001 but failed to make the breakthrough to the first team during his spell at the club and City boss Pat Dolan was moved for the player on the transfer deadline date.

The 21-year-old has represented the Republic of Ireland at Under 18 level and has been a regular in the don’s under 21 side for the past two seasons.

Hedderman began his career with the renowned Tolka Rovers side in Dublin before going cross channel, but now he has returned to aid City in their bid for eircom premier league honours.

He will now go straight in to the Cork squad for the away game against Shamrock Rovers on Sunday as the Leesiders aim to continue their impressive run which currently sees them sit on top of the premier division.

foureyes
01/05/2003, 12:53 PM
Sounds alright.

Whats the betting he suddenly won't be good enough for the U21 squad anymore...

Troy.McClure
01/05/2003, 1:22 PM
Fairly high Id say, especially as he's no longer under 21.... thats always a problem :D

With a name like Hedderman I suppose that he's good in the air!

Dodge
01/05/2003, 1:32 PM
Played a friendly or two for Pats and didn't impress. Also trialled with Bohs and I guess he didn't impress their either... don't expect too much

foureyes
01/05/2003, 1:40 PM
They can still play if they are 21 if they were 21 when the competition in question kicked off.

I think.

Neil
01/05/2003, 1:52 PM
Here he is (http://www.dandydons.co.uk/new/html/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=66)

and here (http://www.donsfever.co.uk/custom.php?page=defenders&clubid=1) scroll down, just above Mickey hart

foureyes
01/05/2003, 2:30 PM
6'3". Thats pretty tall. Himself and Murray would be formidable opponents.

pete
01/05/2003, 2:35 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Here he is (http://www.dandydons.co.uk/new/html/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=66)

and here (http://www.donsfever.co.uk/custom.php?page=defenders&clubid=1) scroll down, just above Mickey hart

How come he much happier in the first picture there?

:)

Doesn't sound like he'll set the league on fire or anything but who knows he could do another John O'Flynn. City not exactely got huge central defender options anyway.

RedX
01/05/2003, 2:52 PM
People are forgetting that by signing Hedderman that if he does well enough to come into the team it makes Alan Bennet available for cover in central midfield or maybe this lad can play there too.I reckon he will be a good signing.Dont forget he is only 21 and as one of you mentioned remember John O Flynn.Pat Dolan will motivate this guy and Noel O Connor will train him in to a very good player.He did not represent his country for nothing...

Dodge
01/05/2003, 3:11 PM
He also didn't represent them at U21 level (More Dolan spin....)

And O'Flynn wasn't passed on by Pats and Bohs after playing friendlies for both of them...

One thing about Dolan, he really loves signing players, that swhy we had such a huge squad crippling us financially

RedX
01/05/2003, 3:20 PM
Maybe you have missed something saints fan.First of all we are top of the league and second while i dont mind a bit of banter and chat with fans of other el teams i dont want to listen to your jealous rantings about our manager PAT DOLAN.Now go away and concentrate on your own club.This is not your business with comments like that...

Dodge
01/05/2003, 3:35 PM
Originally posted by RedX
Maybe you have missed something saints fan.First of all we are top of the league and second while i dont mind a bit of banter and chat with fans of other el teams i dont want to listen to your jealous rantings about our manager PAT DOLAN.Now go away and concentrate on your own club.This is not your business with comments like that...
For someone who has 250 posts lesss than me, you come across pretty poorly when you tell me how to act here. If you were here for any length of time you'd know how I felt when Pat left my club and jealousy wasn't one of them. You'd also know that I know more about Dolan than practically anybody on these boards so when I, or any other sensible Pats fans, talk about Pat Dolan, you'd do well not to dismiss our opinions. You might also know that i was the first person to post news of Dolan moviong to Cork and I didn't here anyone telling me to mind my own business then. You'd also realise that I gave some info on one of your new players in the same post, something I appreciate when Pats sign a player.

Now RedX who do you think has more to offer this debate. The jackeen who has seen the player in question and knows the manager inside out or you?

Enjoy your stay at the top of the league...

RedX
01/05/2003, 3:50 PM
Your first sentence in replying to me tells me everything about you saint."i have more posts than you RedX".Grow up and by the way as a City fan i dont have to accept you criticising the manager or any new player at MY club.Also i am a new member of this board but so were we all at some stage...

Dodge
01/05/2003, 3:52 PM
Originally posted by RedX
Your first sentence in replying to me tells me everything about you saint."i have more posts than you RedX".Grow up and by the way as a City fan i dont have to accept you criticising the manager or any new player at MY club.Also i am a new member of this board but so were we all at some stage...
No my first sentance told you I know how to act around here and maybe you could learn a thing or two...

You do not have to listen to criticism but you should listen to advice and information from those that know more than you...

RedX
01/05/2003, 4:01 PM
You certainly are a laugh a minute....71002745

James
01/05/2003, 4:01 PM
dodge thanks for the input on our new signing
your opinion is always welcome here, even if ya are a jackeen :D like ..boy

i just hope alot/all of your fears on dolan dont come true

Dodge
01/05/2003, 4:08 PM
Cheers James. Its not like I want them to happen either... but then you read my piece in the fanzine, you know I don't hate the man, just glad he's not at my club anymore

NorthoftheLee
01/05/2003, 4:21 PM
in alll fairness RedX, Dodge is one of the better dubs on the boards, he more or less always contributes in a positive way. A lot of his points are usually valid. obviously not all as he is a jackeen, but he's a good un. :D ..

I can see his point about hedderman being passed up by pats and bohs, which i think is a bit worrying, but then again there has been lots of players overlooked in the past because someone didnt see the potential the player had....im hoping that this is the case here..

RedX
01/05/2003, 4:25 PM
Ok..fair enough lads..maybe i came on a bit strong..Dodge look forward to our rivalry for the rest of the season...

Cheers..

Dodge
01/05/2003, 4:34 PM
What rivalry? What are you a Bohs/Shamrock/$hels fan?

;)

SÓC
01/05/2003, 4:39 PM
He played on the same international team as CPOB, Wesley Houlihan, Brendan O'Connell and the likes. Ive been told by a former team mate of his that he's a classy player, he can play left back too:D

James
01/05/2003, 4:40 PM
yea but can he play left wing
WOODS OUT :D

*only joking billy honest*

Dodge
01/05/2003, 4:42 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
He played on the same international team as CPOB, Wesley Houlihan, Brendan O'Connell and the likes. Ive been told by a former team mate of his that he's a classy player, he can play left back too:D
he played left back for us and Bohs...

RedX
01/05/2003, 4:43 PM
Hopefully he can play in the centre of midfield also just in case we have an injury to Greg or Conor O Grady..

NorthoftheLee
01/05/2003, 5:14 PM
and up front ...just in case like! :p

pete
01/05/2003, 5:38 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
He also didn't represent them at U21 level (More Dolan spin....)

And O'Flynn wasn't passed on by Pats and Bohs after playing friendlies for both of them...

One thing about Dolan, he really loves signing players, that swhy we had such a huge squad crippling us financially

I wasn't aware Dolan said he was an u-21 international. Article says he played u-21 for Aberdeen which not much of a background.

I have heard about the monster Pat$ squad Dolan assembled which is why i wasn't too pushed to see us start with a 25 player squad this season although its early days yet.

yiddo
01/05/2003, 6:13 PM
I wouldn't be too worried about him not getting a look in at Pats or Bohs. Is he better than what they have on their books already? Thats what Collins and Kenny will have asked themselves. We have Dan a definite starter at centre back and pick one from any of the following Daly, Napier, Bennett, or Cronin. Dolan obviously feels that Hedderman is potentially better than any of these 4 and thats why he is giving him a chance.

BTW He probably wouldn't get a chance with those world beaters at Peterborough either. Just ask Johnno or Dan ;)

goalside
01/05/2003, 6:44 PM
Originally posted by Dodge

thats exactly what i think as well. dolan looks like a big spender and could reck the club in no time at all.
dolan out

dodge knows what he is talking about.

tiktok
01/05/2003, 8:03 PM
i wouldn't be worried that bohs and pats passed on him. to be fair they already have enough strenght in that position.

nor would i be worried about dolan going nuts signing players, i know he did at pats, every single year when you looked at their new signing/players left list it was almost an entire team but i think lennox controls the cash (for buying and wages) and won't let it go too far.

eoinh
01/05/2003, 8:40 PM
His opinions are always unbiased and hes no wind up merchant.

If dodge says its true it probably is.

goalside
01/05/2003, 9:15 PM
Originally posted by eoinh
His opinions are always unbiased and hes no wind up merchant.

If dodge says its true it probably is.

exactly my sentimints also

tiktok
01/05/2003, 11:04 PM
wasn't dismissing dodge at all guys, i know he's sound.

i was just saying that i think lennox will control too much signings and that hedderman might be useful to us even after the other clubs pass on him because we don't have their riches at the back.

i take his comments but i think the fact that city's board saw how dolan and pats ended up will help avoid that happening here.

Dodge
02/05/2003, 8:01 AM
Cheers for the support lads and I honestly wasn't trying to stir. It'll probably be different in Cork and if Lennox has a backbone he'll stand up to him, unlike in Pats were he was given carte blanche at the club...

Oh and all the talk we've heard of Hedderman is that he's only a full back and not a centre half. Although as he's 6'3" this should be easily rectified

razor
02/05/2003, 9:28 AM
Originally posted by James
yea but can he play left wing
WOODS OUT :D

*only joking billy honest*

Only joking ???
It's no bloody joke when he strolls around the pitch for 90+mins every week.

I agree totally, he's a lazy piece of cr*p.
Woods Out !!

If this new boy can play left back, I'd even try Gaz out on the left side of midfield.

patsh
02/05/2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by goalside
exactly my sentimints also
He's back...aarrghhh :eek: :eek:
What about your Milky mints though?:D

cfcgirl
02/05/2003, 12:29 PM
i always think dodge has very valid and unbiased points he was missed for a while. when is hedderman playing his first game

paudie
02/05/2003, 12:37 PM
I think any squad additions are a good thing. That's where we might struggle during the season, due to injuries or suspensions.

This can't be too bad if Aberdeen signed him. He's probably ****ed off after not making it across the water. Hopefully Pat will do a good motivation job on him.

Troy.McClure
02/05/2003, 4:08 PM
Originally posted by razor
Only joking ???
It's no bloody joke when he strolls around the pitch for 90+mins every week.

I agree totally, he's a lazy piece of cr*p.
Woods Out !!

If this new boy can play left back, I'd even try Gaz out on the left side of midfield.

I know this is a bit off topic but.....

Billy has been involved directly in 3 of JO'Fs goals, so while he's taking it easy on the pitch, atleast he is contributing.

pete
02/05/2003, 4:28 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
I know this is a bit off topic but.....

Billy has been involved directly in 3 of JO'Fs goals, so while he's taking it easy on the pitch, atleast he is contributing.

I realised that during the week as well but 2 were corners & the other was a shot off the post.

Troy.McClure
03/05/2003, 10:37 AM
Still though?

He's created 3, JO'F 3, Georginio 2, & Doyle 1

You'd be getting pretty good points for them in fantasy manager! :D

goalside
03/05/2003, 10:52 AM
murray also created one goal.

steven17
03/05/2003, 12:15 PM
think its a fcukin shame for
1. players like NAPIER (who has showd great fight and heart to come back from a serious injury that could have stoped him playing for good)

2.ANDREWS who hasn`t been given a chance at centre back yet ,and i stress yet(1 year and a half after joining with so much promise from mansfield.)(will we ever see him in a city shirt)

3.all credit to pat for strenghting the team ,but we`ve got a strong panel of defender`s and deccie is still on the bench .pat should have looked at the left side of midfield to give billy a kick up the arse to put a bit of effert in , thing is hes got no one challanging for that spot .

4.no matter how good this hadderman is give our own a chance first !!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone agree.?

fonzi
06/05/2003, 11:15 AM
this new fella looks like me for some bizzare reason!

niamh
06/05/2003, 12:52 PM
Has to be asked why he came on when he did though. Difficult time to fit with brand new team mates at such a critical time in the match.

pete
06/05/2003, 1:22 PM
Originally posted by niamh
Has to be asked why he came on when he did though. Difficult time to fit with brand new team mates at such a critical time in the match.

I think Hoggie was having real difficulty (especially in the air) with Stephen Grant on the city right. I thought newbie did well initially as he got a lot tighter to Grant & won most balls in the air.

sadloserkid
06/05/2003, 1:36 PM
Originally posted by steven17
4.no matter how good this hadderman is give our own a chance first !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hedderman is Irish though.

steven17
06/05/2003, 2:06 PM
yeah i know that,,bt a seasoned 1st team player like napper should be given the nod before a new comer ive got great time for napper since getting his fittness back should be i in there instead of dec at least

and ask for jonno i dont know whos k nob hes gotta suck to get a game

must be down heartning and a confadance killer to say youve been training hard as stone,there not bad players and to have a lad come in not even have a full session wit he club and go staight on the subs bench for a match like that that would kill me as a player

for players like you and me not playing in a night owls match cause someone new joins and takes your spot.............. can you imagine the want , that andrews and napper have of playing games against rovers and teams like that i just dont know what pat dough-man is up to

Shelsman
07/05/2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by steven17
pat should have looked at the left side of midfield to give billy a kick up the arse to put a bit of effert in , thing is hes got no one challanging for that spot .

I think Dolan should pick himself on the left wing!:D