PDA

View Full Version : Foot.ie Beers (Dublin)

dahamsta
30/04/2003, 5:50 PM
Project #635: We should have more drinking sessions, therefore I'm proposing an away session in Dublin, presumably at an away City game. Foot.ie will contribute to a minibus if necessary. Post dates and venues here.

adam

James
30/04/2003, 5:57 PM
lol
sunday - city v rovers match :)

*is it cause i aint got a lift up yet?*

Pablo
30/04/2003, 8:40 PM
sunday it is so ;)

what times the bus Adam?

dahamsta
30/04/2003, 9:31 PM
Err, July? :)

adam

Xlex
01/05/2003, 8:14 AM
excellent - foot.ie beers in dublin...

SÓC
01/05/2003, 1:24 PM
If you are serious about your beer or stout there is one place in Dublin you have to try, the Porter House in Temple Bar, amazing selection of international beers and ones they brew themseleves and some pretty cool stouts brewed on the premesis. Also one in Bray if they ever get promoted again, and one in London for all those Champions League games we'll be playing:D

dahamsta
01/05/2003, 1:32 PM
I make only one stipulation: The bar we go to has to have Erdinger.

adam

SÓC
01/05/2003, 1:48 PM
Originally posted by Vetinari
I make only one stipulation: The bar we go to has to have Erdinger.

adam

Then the Porter House is your man, Erdinger on tap with the proper glasses:D

They also have Hoergaarden, a Belgian White which is even nicer than Erdinger!

Ash
01/05/2003, 1:49 PM
From what I can remember The Porterhouse and its
selection of own beers, is that its only good if you want
a bit of "spring cleaning" the next morning :mad:

Macy
01/05/2003, 1:58 PM
Totally agree with Ash, the Porterhouse is sh!te..... Mind you, what would lot know about decent stout - sure you all drink Murphy's.... :eek:

SÓC
01/05/2003, 2:05 PM
Originally posted by Macy
Totally agree with Ash, the Porterhouse is sh!te..... Mind you, what would lot know about decent stout - sure you all drink Murphy's.... :eek:

Must admit I dont ever drink Stout, I go there for the Erdinger on tap but I've heard good things about the stout there?

Macy
01/05/2003, 2:24 PM
Erdinger is pretty common these days around the smoke.... One of my locals even has it....

pete
01/05/2003, 2:31 PM
Originally posted by Macy
Erdinger is pretty common these days around the smoke.... One of my locals even has it....

Yeah the big white tap can be seen in most city centre pubs.

Macy
01/05/2003, 2:38 PM
Why anyone would drink it is an entirely different question though...

Gary
01/05/2003, 2:43 PM
Lads,

please lets not go down this road. Most of us know each other anyway with having PRC style gatherings.

Please, for the sake of this Forums reputation, do not start having "gatherings".

dahamsta
01/05/2003, 4:19 PM
Eww, I wouldn't touch a "gathering" with a barge pole. I find comparing an irregular Foot.ie session to a "gathering" offensive. :)

adam

pete
01/05/2003, 5:42 PM
Could go for McGowans on the road into town from Phibsboro. Tis dublins finest non-pale (dubs call them culchies) people handout. Not sure on the Erdlinger situation though although i'm sure could manage a scouting visit sometime...

:eek:

;)

fosterdollar
01/05/2003, 7:39 PM
McGowans is an absolute hole. The same as all the other 'it's where all the culchies go' joints in town. Full of wellington wearing farmers leering at women all night trying to spot who's the drunkest so they can proceed to mollest them into bed. It used to be that the reason people went to these places (aside from meeting everyone from home) that you could actually chat and have a laugh as well enjoy the bevvies and the music. Now its thump-thump music scaring the bejaysus out of you so you just end up drinking a skinful to numb the hearing. I focking hate those places...:mad:

Macy
02/05/2003, 9:19 AM
I used to think they were great :D

Although now I'm no longer single, I can see your point :cool:

Schumi
02/05/2003, 1:59 PM
Originally posted by Conor74
What's a pub if it aint got Bulmers? Classy?

A face
05/05/2003, 1:58 AM
Yeah ... well up for it. And yeah ... to be honest, i'd avoid those meat markets aswell, if it is anything like Reardans in Cork, avoid it like the plauge.

dahamsta
24/05/2003, 7:45 PM
Anything interesting on the last weekend in July / first weekend in August then?

adam

dahamsta
24/05/2003, 7:45 PM
Anything interesting on the last weekend in July / first weekend in August then?

adam

Colm
25/05/2003, 4:08 PM
Originally posted by Vetinari

Not exactly the first weekend in August but City are away to Shels on Friday August 8th, if that's any use to ya?

dahamsta
25/05/2003, 4:37 PM
Friday's an arse of a day, since I can't see many people taking the day off to travel up for it. My birthday's on the 28th July, see, so I was thinking of combining a Foot.ie session, a Boards session and my bufday.

I just noticed that the fixtures don't appear in the Calendar any more, did we stop doing that?

adam