PDA

View Full Version : Cyprus

feo123
10/10/2007, 1:50 PM
How will it look when crokers half empty next wednesday night....will there even be about 40 or 50,000 at this game? if we're beaten on saturday it'll look really bad id say.

RogerMilla
10/10/2007, 1:59 PM
sadly feo there will be huge empty spaces alright i'd say ,

citizenerased
10/10/2007, 2:06 PM
****kin disgrace how ficol irish people are, pure bandwagoners!! The true irish fans will turn up, for all the bulshiit being spouted about best fans in the world it will be interesting to see how few real fans we have!!

Torn-Ado
10/10/2007, 2:13 PM
I'm bringing the missus to see this game. I keep telling her, she will never see a stadium like this in Sweden (The only thing I get to slag the Swedes about regarding football unfortunately :( )

I really hope there is a good crowd there.

elroy
10/10/2007, 2:16 PM
Very true, its a perfect opportunity for people who find it difficult to get tickets to Ireland games to come along cos there's loads floating around. Considering that Cyprus will return most of their allocation, the fai should consider gifting those tickets to school kids etc, would be great PR and would let loads of kids to see Ireland play for the first time.

I think the crowd on wed will depend alot on how we do on sat.

Ireland4ever
10/10/2007, 2:31 PM
****kin disgrace how ficol irish people are, pure bandwagoners!! The true irish fans will turn up, for all the bulshiit being spouted about best fans in the world it will be interesting to see how few real fans we have!!

Spot on, the way the FAI sold these tickets ensured that the cyprus match was a sell-out (Bar the tickets the cypriots sent back), so people cant complain about not being able to afford a ticket since they are already paid for. Whoever turns up on saturday and isnt arsed to do the same doesnt deserve a ticket.

DaveyCakes
10/10/2007, 3:08 PM

Yes, people are fickle, but if they don't want to continuously shell out good money to sit through the dross that's been served up by the Irish team over the last few years, who can blame them?

Ireland4ever
10/10/2007, 3:45 PM
Yes, people are fickle, but if they don't want to continuously shell out good money to sit through the dross that's been served up by the Irish team over the last few years, who can blame them?

Exactly, we'll see if we really have the best fans, its times like this they need the support the most!

citizenerased
10/10/2007, 6:01 PM
yeah your dead right...takes more than a silly leprechaun suit and a pair of brogues to be a genuine irish fan

shakermaker1982
10/10/2007, 6:54 PM
would people actually only turn up for one game? If so it's disgusting.

whiteshorts
10/10/2007, 7:05 PM
Yes they would especially if we don't get a result against Germany and the Czk's win.

onenilgameover
10/10/2007, 7:21 PM
Eventism will see the stadium half full alright....

stojkovic
10/10/2007, 8:00 PM
People pay their hard earned money for a ticket its up to them what they do with it.
Especially after spending 2000eur trekking across four countries last month to see that shambles.

If I choose not to go on Wednesday, I will give my ticket away to one of the kids on my team.

The thought of Delaney using my attendance as affirmation of his success sickens me.

It will depend on how depressed I get on Saturday (no pun intended Daddy Dick).

andrew1977
10/10/2007, 8:36 PM
Anyone know where i would get a juvenile ticket for my son for the match against Cyprus ? I dont mind shelling out for myself but cant afford to pay full whack price for my 7 year old
cheers

Armando
10/10/2007, 9:03 PM
There's a lot of Cyprus spares around so I'm guessing by the start of next week people will be cutting their losses and you'll get a couple of tickets for the price of one. I suppose you could PM everyone with spares here and see if anyones open to selling cheaper than face value?

citizenerased
10/10/2007, 9:45 PM
People pay their hard earned money for a ticket its up to them what they do with it.
Especially after spending 2000eur trekking across four countries last month to see that shambles.

If I choose not to go on Wednesday, I will give my ticket away to one of the kids on my team.

The thought of Delaney using my attendance as affirmation of his success sickens me.

It will depend on how depressed I get on Saturday (no pun intended Daddy Dick).

we all spent big money goin on the away trips, support shouldnt be conditional, the team gave 100%, its just our mishap of a manager..dont try and justify your non attendance as a method to disregard delaneys tenure...the team needs our support more than ever

stojkovic
10/10/2007, 10:48 PM
we all spent big money goin on the away trips, support shouldnt be conditional, the team gave 100%, its just our mishap of a manager..dont try and justify your non attendance as a method to disregard delaneys tenure...the team needs our support more than ever

I know I'll be there, supporting the team, as I was after we drew at home to Norway and got hammered by Denmark at home in 84/85, as I was after every other debacle since, as I was when we beat Brasil in 87 when only 17000 of the Greatest Fans in the World turned up !

And I seriously doubt that EVERY player gave 100% in Bratislava & Prague - Keane ? McGeady ? O'Shea ?

Sligo Hornet
11/10/2007, 6:31 AM
Anyone know where i would get a juvenile ticket for my son for the match against Cyprus ? I dont mind shelling out for myself but cant afford to pay full whack price for my 7 year old
cheers

You could try Manchester City, they've definitely got at least one!;)

whiteshorts
11/10/2007, 7:30 AM
You could try Manchester City, they've definitely got at least one

Ouch!

drinkfeckarse
11/10/2007, 8:15 AM
If there are 50,000 there on Wednesday night, it'll be a great crowd for a game againt Cyprus. It's just unfortunate that the stadium will look half empty. You can't help the fact that some teams are bigger draws that others.

citizenerased
11/10/2007, 12:29 PM
I know I'll be there, supporting the team, as I was after we drew at home to Norway and got hammered by Denmark at home in 84/85, as I was after every other debacle since, as I was when we beat Brasil in 87 when only 17000 of the Greatest Fans in the World turned up !

And I seriously doubt that EVERY player gave 100% in Bratislava & Prague - Keane ? McGeady ? O'Shea ?

Yeah fair enough im not questioning your credentials, but it disappoints me with other fans...Keane did his usal headless chicken routine that he has been practicing for the last 5 years, McGeady tried, but was just very frustratinig, O'Shea always looks like he doesnt give a foock i think its just his general demeanor!!

mypost
13/10/2007, 11:32 AM

If you didn't give a 4x about football, and many who will go tonight don't, would you pay €70 to watch Cyprus?? :confused: That game is for the hard-core only.

citizenerased
13/10/2007, 12:53 PM
what are you talking about...have you not been reading, people have already paid for the tickets..i take it ur not goin

Closed Account 2
13/10/2007, 6:02 PM
Cyprus are 3-1 up now at home to Wales, its live on SC4 (the Welsh channel) for those with Sky... the Cypriots have had a very strong 2nd half hitting well on the break with a lot of pace.

Maroon 7
14/10/2007, 3:24 AM

In fairness there could be a crowd of 40 or 50 thousand there which would be huge by any standard but it would still leave lots of empty spaces in a stadium that big.

theworm2345
14/10/2007, 4:21 AM
I'm supporting Cyprus now (until the end of qualification), believe it or not they have a better chance of qualifying than us (3 victories for them sees them qualify even if the Czechs draw their other two matches). We're a lost cause at this point, they have scored more goals than us in qualifying. If they beat us and Germany does them a favor and then they beat the Czechs it will come down to the last day...who knows

tricky_colour
14/10/2007, 7:27 PM
Would be funny if the Czechs had to go to Cyrus needing to avoid a defeat to qualify, football as they say is a funny old game.
I can see it happeninig with Slovakia, who seem to get better results when they are away from home. Cyprus's home form is as good as ours.

Armando
14/10/2007, 8:35 PM
I'm supporting Cyprus now (until the end of qualification), believe it or not they have a better chance of qualifying than us (3 victories for them sees them qualify even if the Czechs draw their other two matches). We're a lost cause at this point, they have scored more goals than us in qualifying. If they beat us and Germany does them a favor and then they beat the Czechs it will come down to the last day...who knows

Pointless, tbh. Hopefully we thrash Cyprus.
Our group is over. Even if Germany beat the Czechs - which is pretty much a certainty. Do you honestly think Cyprus have even the remotest chance of picking up maximum points away to us, away to Germany and home to the Czechs?

Also, I'm sick of all this ****e talk in various threads from various posters about how they hope Ireland lose because they want x, y and z to happen. It's ****in pathetic:mad:

Slim Pickings
14/10/2007, 8:51 PM
Our group is over. Even if Germany beat the Czechs - which is pretty much a certainty. Do you honestly think Cyprus have even the remotest chance of picking up maximum points away to us, away to Germany and home to the Czechs?

Also, I'm sick of all this ****e talk in various threads from various posters about how they hope Ireland lose because they want x, y and z to happen. It's ****in pathetic:mad:

Have to agree with this. It's sickening to hear people wanting Ireland to lose. If you're a real fan you'll stick with your team through thick and thin. It's times like these that make the good times all the better!

greendeiseboy
14/10/2007, 9:15 PM
the players have given everything throughout this campaign........... it's the clueless management team and the captain that have cost us...... i used to to be a huge fan of keane when he was younger and played in his proper position but he's now like a headless chicken...... richard dunne should be made captain

we should have qualified and thats the bottom line and unless things change we will be posting the same comments in two years time

we have players in every position that are capable of getting us to the world cup and some excellent players coming through that will enforce this

highlight100
14/10/2007, 9:26 PM

Well said,i think real supporters will be out on Wednsday regardless what you think of the team or managment to SUPPORT the team. It is time we got rid of the 'WHEN WERE WINNING' supporter !

Hibs4Ever
14/10/2007, 9:28 PM
Well said,i think real supporters will be out on Wednsday regardless what you think of the team or managment to SUPPORT the team. It is time we got rid of the 'WHEN WERE WINNING' supporter !

Not possible and never gonna happen I'm afraid