PDA

View Full Version : Liam Miller

Theskinloyal
10/10/2007, 12:31 PM
Just been called up to the squad according to Stan this morning. Was at the training. O'Shea sat out the match at the end but did some light training.

shakermaker1982
10/10/2007, 12:36 PM
if O'Shea doesn't recover does this mean we have to rely on Bruce at CB?

elroy
10/10/2007, 12:38 PM
Glad to hear that, least Stan have broken his stubborness here.

Id imagine Andy O'Brien will be in line to start if O'Shea doesnt make it, he may even start Andy with O'Shea at right back, finnan at left back (again!).
I believe O'Shea will be fit however.

Stuttgart88
10/10/2007, 12:39 PM
hasn't Andy O'Brien pulled out sick?

DmanDmythDledge
10/10/2007, 12:41 PM
Glad to hear that, least Stan have broken his stubborness here.

Id imagine Andy O'Brien will be in line to start if O'Shea doesnt make it, he may even start Andy with O'Shea at right back, finnan at left back (again!).
I believe O'Shea will be fit however.
Stubborness? Ireland gets injured, he calls up Miller as a replacement. What's wrong with that?

Andy O'Brien has pulled out, I think. Bruce in instead.

passinginterest
10/10/2007, 12:41 PM
Andy O'Brien is out with a kidney problem. If O'Shea is out I'd say S Kelly will move to centre back. It's the position he has always maintained he wants to play, wasn't the fact he never got a game there part of his reason for leaving Tottenham?

Stuttgart88
10/10/2007, 12:47 PM
Andy O'Brien is out with a kidney problem. If O'Shea is out I'd say S Kelly will move to centre back. It's the position he has always maintained he wants to play, wasn't the fact he never got a game there part of his reason for leaving Tottenham?I thought he was played at left back whereas he preferred right back but ultimately wasbn't deemed good enough for either.

passinginterest
10/10/2007, 12:51 PM
I thought he was played at left back whereas he preferred right back but ultimately wasbn't deemed good enough for either.

Maybe so. I'm pretty sure he hasn't played centre back for Birmingham either, I'm nearly certain I recall him saying he felt his natural position was in the centre though.

as_i_say
10/10/2007, 1:14 PM
hah the whole thing is a joke. glad miller is in-dont like him personally -think he's a bit of a wastrel but has been in great form under keane.

zinedineontour
10/10/2007, 3:09 PM
Stubborness? Ireland gets injured, he calls up Miller as a replacement. What's wrong with that?

Andy O'Brien has pulled out, I think. Bruce in instead.

Stubborness was not having aob in squad in first place along with miller but happy people like douglas and alan o brien in squad

DmanDmythDledge
10/10/2007, 10:02 PM
Stubborness was not having aob in squad in first place along with miller but happy people like douglas and alan o brien in squad
That's not being stubborn, just picking who he thought were the best options.

stojkovic
10/10/2007, 10:49 PM

Find out who their agent is and therein lies your answer.

Deckydee
09/01/2009, 2:15 PM
Liam Miller in talks now with QPR about a possible move to West London

Noelys Guitar
12/01/2009, 5:14 PM
Liam Miller in talks now with QPR about a possible move to West London

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/football-ealing/qpr-ealing/2009/01/12/miller-set-for-sunderland-switch-64767-22674449/

richieos
12/01/2009, 6:20 PM
maybe now that hes going to the championship for a while we wont have to be so worried that trap might pick him

superfrank
13/01/2009, 1:10 PM
Why? If he's playing regular football, he's a much better option than someone warming the bench in the Premiership.

Stuttgart88
13/01/2009, 1:15 PM
Way too lightweight for international football and certainly not talented enough to compensate.

Drumcondra 69er
13/01/2009, 1:43 PM
Linked with Leicester in that shining beacon of truth The Star this morning. Probably his level at this stage, not good enough.

richieos
13/01/2009, 3:45 PM
Why? If he's playing regular football, he's a much better option than someone warming the bench in the Premiership.

thats true, but hes not as good as the likes of mcCann and garvan, or even whelan, who is no longer a benchwarmer

DeLorean
13/01/2009, 4:37 PM
thats true, but hes not as good as the likes of mcCann and garvan, or even whelan, who is no longer a benchwarmer

Whelan was back to bench warming duty against Liverpool only for Diao gettin injured before ko. He had about 4 or 5 touches in the match I'd say, 2 of them were free kicks. Miller is rubbish, he's had plenty of chances to resurrect both his club and international career at this stage but keeps blowing it.

Deckydee
15/01/2009, 2:19 PM
http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~1520664,00.html

dr_peepee
15/01/2009, 3:27 PM
A very short deal... I'd say from a financial perspective he's still looking to move for free in the summer, whether it be to QPR or elsewhere. It's a win win for him.

That's his level though. Play-off with Leeds, Promoted with Sunderland. He should do alright there...