PDA

View Full Version : Rules in realtion to discussing violence at EL Grounds

rebs23
09/10/2007, 9:35 AM
I noticed that Aface had a post on a recent incident binned by mods. It is not possible for witnesses to these events to take a picture when you witness something, for one thing you're likely to get your head kicked in, so can we in anyway discuss serious acts of violence at EL grounds?

Personally I witnessed the events that Aface posted about and surely there is some way that we could discuss these incidents on here or are mods just saying no discussion without pics or supporting newspaper articles?

Dodge
09/10/2007, 9:38 AM
Here's the rule. (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=735487&postcount=16) Its there as there's usually two sides to every story, and there's yet to be an occassion when both sides have come anyway near a middle ground. If anyone wants to discuss the Cork/Rovers issue its being debated on the Cork City forum. The only reason I can thnk of posting it here would be to try and score points...

rebs23
09/10/2007, 10:01 AM
Effectively that means no discussing of violent incidents at matches.

Dodge
09/10/2007, 10:07 AM

Unless you can back up your story with pictures, video or newspaper articles. Why do you want to discuss it here, when you're already discussing it at the Cork forum? A tiny minority of ROvers fans here, maybe try their forum...

mypost
09/10/2007, 10:27 AM

There are violent incidents around (as opposed to at) grounds all over the world every weekend. Funny how we never get to hear about them unless it's a certain team's fans called "Rovers" allegedly involved. :rolleyes:

dahamsta
09/10/2007, 10:44 AM
I'm going to rephrase that rule, but the long and the short of it is:

Evidence, Evidence, Evidence

There's too many "I heards" and "someone saids" on footie sites and it's not good enough. We aim for a higher standard on Foot.ie, so that's the way it's going to be.

adam

rebs23
09/10/2007, 10:50 AM
I'm going to rephrase that rule, but the long and the short of it is:

Evidence, Evidence, Evidence

There's too many "I heards" and "someone saids" on footie sites and it's not good enough. We aim for a higher standard on Foot.ie, so that's the way it's going to be.

adam
Fair enough.

There are violent incidents around (as opposed to at) grounds all over the world every weekend. Funny how we never get to hear about them unless it's a certain team's fans called "Rovers" allegedly involved. :rolleyes:
Well the answer to that is pretty obvious.:rolleyes:

dahamsta
09/10/2007, 12:02 PM
That rule has been updated now to "No Unsubstantiated Rumours". Should I link the word "unsubstantiated" to a dictionary for the thickos? :)

There's too many "I heards" and "someone saids" on football sites, which is often damaging to the clubs and people involved. There's plenty of news sites out there, plenty of people in authority willing to be quoted, plenty of mobile phones with cameras, plenty of sites where pictures and videos can be posted. So there's no excuse for posting rumour and innuendo any more, and every opportunity to make the news yourself. Take a photo or a video, ask someone for a quote, or post a scan or a link to a news article. Alternatively, keep your mouth shut on Foot.ie, or you'll be out of your ear.

dahamsta
09/10/2007, 12:03 PM
"Out of your ear", heh. :D

Dodge
09/10/2007, 12:10 PM
So the quote in rebs post will be from a face, right?

"according to a face..."

Sligo Hornet
09/10/2007, 12:57 PM
That rule has been updated now to "No Unsubstantiated Rumours". Should I link the word "unsubstantiated" to a dictionary for the thickos? :)

What's a dictionary?:confused:

bellavistaman
09/10/2007, 1:12 PM
On such serious matters i think Dahamsta is right, could quotes from foot.ie on such subjects end up in court, thats what would worry me, and if they can then you can see why dahamsta and Dodge are trying to tone down allegations, and surely alot is bias it always is.

dahamsta
09/10/2007, 2:14 PM
So the quote in rebs post will be from a face, right?Somebody gave A face authority?

Dodge
09/10/2007, 2:20 PM
Yeah, you did when you made him Director ;)

dahamsta
09/10/2007, 2:23 PM
Ah sure face is just the avatar boy. Although he does more work than the rest of ye slackers! What am I p... oh right Ted.

A face
09/10/2007, 9:33 PM
Here's the rule. (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=735487&postcount=16) Its there as there's usually two sides to every story, and there's yet to be an occassion when both sides have come anyway near a middle ground. If anyone wants to discuss the Cork/Rovers issue its being debated on the Cork City forum. The only reason I can thnk of posting it here would be to try and score points...

Anger would be another reason Dodge.