PDA

View Full Version : Accomodation?

Neish
08/10/2007, 5:30 PM
Anyone here know some where fairly cheap to stay on Killkenny, planning to travel down for the end of season game

Sam_Heggy
10/10/2007, 9:53 PM
Bump, any hotels or b&bs near the ground? The one with the team staying in it is booked out afaik :(

noby
10/10/2007, 10:08 PM
You don't want to stay near the ground - it's a few miles out from the centre. Your best bet is to find somewhere central and taxi out and in.
Sorry, can't help you on actual hotel names.

marty
10/10/2007, 10:44 PM
A couple of us are headin up for this fridays game i think we"re payin 50 for a night but it has residents bar etc,i know theres a hostel for 17 a night but you will have to book it early,killkenny is littered in b&bs so you wont be stuck anyhow!

Magicme
11/10/2007, 10:23 AM
there is a Travel Lodge or something at the park that has KFC as far as I remember.

Neish
11/10/2007, 6:10 PM
A couple of us are headin up for this fridays game i think we"re payin 50 for a night but it has residents bar etc,i know theres a hostel for 17 a night but you will have to book it early,killkenny is littered in b&bs so you wont be stuck anyhow!

Name of hotel?

Sam_Heggy
11/10/2007, 9:11 PM
Name of hotel?

exactly, residents bar sounds good to me :cool:

Den Perry
11/10/2007, 9:32 PM
hotel kilkenny is near eough to the ground. In the centre there is the river court hotel, langtons hotel, kilkenny house (bandb-but on the far side of the city, the newpark hotel and the brogemaker pub does b and b

stann
12/10/2007, 7:41 PM
Hotels in Kilkenny town centre are expensive, up around the 90-100 a night and that's pps. That's the Langton's, Ormonde, Hibernian type I'm talking about. The Hibernian is nice though and is about as central as you can get if you fancy pushing the boat out.
B&Bs are much more reasonable, 30-40 price range, and there are loads of them. Have a look here (http://www.accommodation.ie/kilkenny.htm) and at Google maps to see what's close to the ground, which is about three miles out to the west of the ring road.
As noby says you'd be as well off getting something in town and taxi-ing out to the game though if championship celebrations are on your mind.

marty
13/10/2007, 10:09 PM
exactly, residents bar sounds good to me :cool:

"The Rafter Dempseys" right in town centre 5 minute taxi to ground nice food staff bar etc!

Mr A
15/10/2007, 8:56 AM
I booked a twin room B+B for under €102 at the Kilkenny Hotel on College Road at www.citycentrehotels.com

Seems pretty central.

Patrick Dunne
15/10/2007, 10:24 PM
Kilkennys only gay nightclub, "Catz", is in the Kilkenny Hotel
every Friday night.

Men with facial hair should avoid the area at all costs :eek:

Magicme
15/10/2007, 11:06 PM
PD you stayed in the house with the Galway fans in Kilkenny last year didnt you? Pass the number onto the Harps lads.

Mr A
16/10/2007, 10:09 AM
Kilkennys only gay nightclub, "Catz", is in the Kilkenny Hotel
every Friday night.

Men with facial hair should avoid the area at all costs

Why do you think I booked a twin room? :)

Anyway, our game is on the Saturday.