PDA

View Full Version : Saints add Brazilian flair

A face
30/04/2003, 2:04 AM
Saints add Brazilian flair

St Patrick’s Athletic have announced a new deal with Brazilian side Rio Branco and Spanish side CF San Pedro, which will give the Inchicore club the option of taking promising young Brazilian or Spanish players to Ireland on loan for a spell during the season.

The move comes about after talks between Pat’s manager Eamon Collins and his friend George Clay, who is involved with the San Pedro club in Spain.

The deal is expected to last up to five years and will involve the Richmond Park outfit having access to players from both clubs for a loan period during the season.

Already Collins has availed of the opportunity to take Brazilian striker Paulo Rogerio Nicomedes for the remainder of the season, and more players are expected to arrive in a bid to assist Pat’s in the eircom League Premier Division.

The clubs will also discuss their methods of training, coaching and diet as part of the link-up.

www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=5211)

Dodge
30/04/2003, 8:16 AM
Actually Nicomedes is a centre half and we've taken anoher guy. Think he's a left back...

pete
30/04/2003, 2:41 PM
$ellouts!

Is this any better than Sh€L$ & Merchandiser?

:rolleyes:

Dodge
01/05/2003, 9:26 AM
Yeah actually...

The only thing we get is one or two brazilians over. They come to Ireland as its a little easier to get a work permit here than Spain/Portugal. We might have one coach come over for a little while. We give nothing. No money is involved.

Shels give first option on any quality young players to Man Utd, have Man Utd plastered all over their schoolboys kit.

The difference is pretty ****ing huge Pete

pete
01/05/2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Dodge
The difference is pretty ****ing huge Pete

D8...D5 same old dublin sellouts :D

Dodge
01/05/2003, 12:43 PM
Its d8 and d7 but anway....

Not stirring but what ever happened to the Leicester City thing

pete
01/05/2003, 1:50 PM
Its d8 and d7 but anway....

Tolka must be almost in D5 so don't think i missed by much ;)

Not stirring but what ever happened to the Leicester City thing

Chairman Brian Lennox killed the Leicester "deal"cos City not want to be associated with such a small club. Vast majority of city fans opposed anyway.

btw me not stirring either :D

Dodge
01/05/2003, 2:27 PM
Originally posted by pete
Chairman Brian Lennox killed the Leicester "deal"cos City not want to be associated with such a small club. Vast majority of city fans opposed anyway.

btw me not stirring either :D

No worries. I reckon we'd be as opposed to the Leicester deal as we were to the St.Francis deal. Now who's idea was that Pat somethingorother...

The Rio branco thing is completely different as we lose absolutely nothing. Its basically an agreement between two friends to exchange ideas at each others clubs... And if it helps us unearth the next Ronaldo...all the better :)

wws
01/05/2003, 2:50 PM
dolan signing heddermann makes me laugh has Pat ANY contacts in the game?????

collins is signing quality left right and centre while dolans trawling through the cast offs :rolleyes:
make you wonder how he concocted his image as a football man when he plainly has enticed no-one to his new club