PDA

View Full Version : Drive in movie!

Magicme
08/10/2007, 8:27 AM
I spent Saturday night at the Drive In with 2 hunky young men! Clones launched their film festival with a Drive In movie (Bugsy Malone at 7pm for the kiddies & Some Like it Hot at 10 for the adults). I took my sons to see Bugsy & even though its not the greatest movie on earth, we had a ball.

We tuned the car radio in and sat back & relaxed. They had popcorn, candy floss, nachos, drinks & sweets on sale at the concession stand & at the end of the movie everyone beeped their horns in thanks!

Have wanted to go to a Drive In since I was a kid so now I can die happy!

I have often wanted to do one at Kingspan Century Park as a fundraiser so now gonna look at the logistics of it seriously. The likes of the Showgrounds would be perfect for one too coz you have a big parking area.

Anyone else ever go to a Drive In?

Risteard
08/10/2007, 12:28 PM
Ya, it's in the Showgrounds by Pairc Ui Chaoimh for the Cork Film Festival usually. Went to see Raging Bull a year or two ago.
Are you calling your children hunks?

Dodge
08/10/2007, 12:47 PM
I remember they had a few of them in the Phoenix Park a couple of years ago. I was too young. I have to say I've always wanted to go to one...

endabob1
08/10/2007, 3:28 PM
On a similar note I went to an outdoor cinema in Melbourne a few years ago, it was fantastic. Set in the Botanical Gardens on a warm summer night, with a nice picnic, under the stars watching Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffanys, with a nice bottle of Yarra Valley chardonnay and a beautiful looking woman, about as close to a perfect evening as you're likely to get.

jebus
08/10/2007, 5:41 PM
Went to a drive in in America before, with a female and everything, and she was legal and not a relative so I beat you MagicMe!!

paul_oshea
08/10/2007, 6:18 PM
beautiful looking woman, about as close to a perfect evening as you're likely to get.

Lads beautiful blow up dolls in the seat beside ye doesnt count!

were ye droping the hand and all or pushing "her" head down maybe?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJrSyFpK3iQ

noby
08/10/2007, 6:52 PM
WTF?

Anyway, yeah drive-in movies. I'd love to go to one.

Magicme
09/10/2007, 8:40 AM
Ya, it's in the Showgrounds by Pairc Ui Chaoimh for the Cork Film Festival usually. Went to see Raging Bull a year or two ago.
Are you calling your children hunks?

They are! They are gorgeous. But every mammy thinks her kids are gorgeous.

Jebus, would love to have gone to one in USA but you dont beat me coz I had the 2 people I love most in the world with me so there!

Risteard
09/10/2007, 10:55 AM
Alright.

Magicme
09/10/2007, 11:06 AM
But then they look like me so of course they are gorgeous!!! :p

endabob1
11/10/2007, 10:08 AM
Lads beautiful blow up dolls in the seat beside ye doesnt count!

were ye droping the hand and all or pushing "her" head down maybe?!

I've read the rules and blow ups count, as long as it's not a blow up sheep :D