PDA

View Full Version : Schooligans

Pages : [1] 2

Paddyfield
07/10/2007, 8:13 PM
What's with all of the teenagers going to matches these days and don't watch the game?

Last weekend at Terryland, there must have been a hundred teenagers at the game who weren't watching the match. They all seem to be smoking, spitting, and snogging (alliteration unintended!). It must be a new social outlet for them?

The lads are all wearing white tracksuit bottoms, stripey jumpers and baseball caps. The girls are usually wearing badly applied make-up and skimpy tops :eek:

I noticed similar trends in Sligo a few months ago and also in Cork. What's that all about?

I've heard that the boys are dubbed schooligans. Someone suggested a nickname for the young girls which I found quite amusing but I won't mention it here in fear that I get banned and/or offend anyone. :o

Woody
07/10/2007, 8:31 PM
Ah come on, tell us what the girls are called.

blue til i die
07/10/2007, 8:32 PM
its the exact same in waterford,they come out to the match, dont even watch it and just stand around talking to each other,smoking etc, but if the club is getting money from it,i'm not too bothered!
and go on,ya might as well tell us wat the girls are called?

feo123
07/10/2007, 8:33 PM
with us, there between 13-15/16 and just go to the games instead of going to the cinema or whatever on a saturday evening, they never watch the match just walk around and chat, suppose there doing no harm really and money is money

Kildare Lad
07/10/2007, 8:33 PM
Someone suggested a nickname for the young girls which I found quite amusing but I won't mention it here in fear that I get banned and/or offend anyone. :o

Haha go on...

SligoBrewer
07/10/2007, 8:37 PM
tell us..

or even pm me paddyfield

Woody
07/10/2007, 9:06 PM
There mustn't be enough hang out spots in the shoping centers. Ah well looks like we'll just have to wade through the spittle and like someone said as long as they're paying. Maybe one out of ten of them might get into the football.

NavanBohs
07/10/2007, 9:21 PM
I thought "schooligans" are the ones who cause trouble? are these people just skangers who hang around LOI grounds or do they cause trouble before/after games?

pineapple stu
07/10/2007, 9:29 PM
the temptation to stick a foot out and solve the problem will get the better of me some day
Got the better of me in Drogheda one time (that epic Cup replay, I think it was). Random irritating kid had been annoying me most of the match and then Drogs scored, so he started jumping up and down in front of me, and I whacked him on the head with the pole of the flag I had. He went off whining to the steward, who asked me if I had indeed thumped him. I said all that happened was that the kid's excessive celebrations saw him leap up into the flag pole which I was casually holding at the time. Steward told the kid to f*** off.

Great thing about being older than people is that you get believed first. :)

FarmHoop
07/10/2007, 9:52 PM
Got the better of me in Drogheda one time (that epic Cup replay, I think it was). Random irritating kid had been annoying me most of the match and then Drogs scored, so he started jumping up and down in front of me, and I whacked him on the head with the pole of the flag I had. He went off whining to the steward, who asked me if I had indeed thumped him. I said all that happened was that the kid's excessive celebrations saw him leap up into the flag pole which I was casually holding at the time. Steward told the kid to f*** off.

I love it bring it in to shops too

Raheny Red
07/10/2007, 10:23 PM

What age was this kid? Just because some spotty kid was dancing in front of you (I understand how irritating that can be), you decide to hit him? Should have told him to **** off :rolleyes:

Lim till i die
08/10/2007, 10:31 AM
What age was this kid? Just because some spotty kid was dancing in front of you (I understand how irritating that can be), you decide to hit him? Should have told him to **** off

You'd have a pain in your hand from swatting kids at $hels games :p

Schooligans are the (LOL) young "troublemakers" at games

What Paddyfield refers to should more correctly be termed knackers with their womenfolk being known as dellas

Luckily, in Limerick, we have a problem with neither :)

Dodge
08/10/2007, 10:41 AM
Nothing wrong with skimpily dressed young tramps at games. In fact if marketed correctly could bring in a whole new older male crowd too

Lionel Ritchie
08/10/2007, 10:51 AM
Nothing wrong with skimpily dressed young tramps at games. In fact if marketed correctly could bring in a whole new older male crowd too
One for the tuck shops and merch stalls...
Jerseys: €40
Scarves: €10
Soft Drinks: €1.10
Soups: €1.50
Topless hand-shandy: €20

Macy
08/10/2007, 11:02 AM
Nothing wrong with skimpily dressed young tramps at games.
Add it to list of benefits of Summer Football?

The Dynamo
08/10/2007, 1:27 PM
What your referring to paddyfield is just plain out knackers with high hormone levels. The stripy jumpers is the scum symbol of ireland thesedays.

A skooligan however, are the bebo warriors of the league. They like to think they are casuals and hooligans arranging fights over bebo. We have them in Cork City where you see them going around in their Sundays finest with the likes of Stone Island, Burberry etc... I think the Dublin clubs are the only others to have these parasites.

Conor H
08/10/2007, 2:30 PM
Looks like sombody did not get a snog on Friday night but their mate did !!!!

:rolleyes:Hillarious.

GUFC hasn't a schooligan problem as such but in the last 2 or 3 games(since school started back) become a social outlet for 14-15 year olds.no interest in the match but if they're not causing trouble it's no hamr providing they're paying.
Unfortunately that's not the case as all of them are getting in for free cause they're "U-12":rolleyes:

Lim till i die
08/10/2007, 3:11 PM
GUFC hasn't a schooligan problem as such but in the last 2 or 3 games(since school started back) become a social outlet for 14-15 year olds.no interest in the match but if they're not causing trouble it's no hamr providing they're paying.
Unfortunately that's not the case as all of them are getting in for free cause they're "U-12"

I'd rather not have young ones in the ground paying or not unless they're interested in the football

Turns away all your adult customers and young people who are interested

Nothing more annoying than a ground full of little cnuts

Conor H
08/10/2007, 7:34 PM
Unless your Conor H and the boys in section ? trying to get a snog ! :cool:

Well there is a fair amount of chicks up there!;)

Maroon 7
08/10/2007, 7:58 PM
What's with all of the teenagers going to matches these days and don't watch the game?

Last weekend at Terryland, there must have been a hundred teenagers at the game who weren't watching the match. They all seem to be smoking, spitting, and snogging (alliteration unintended!). It must be a new social outlet for them?

The lads are all wearing white tracksuit bottoms, stripey jumpers and baseball caps. The girls are usually wearing badly applied make-up and skimpy tops :eek:

I noticed similar trends in Sligo a few months ago and also in Cork. What's that all about?

I've heard that the boys are dubbed schooligans. Someone suggested a nickname for the young girls which I found quite amusing but I won't mention it here in fear that I get banned and/or offend anyone. :o

I was sitting behind a few hormonal teenagers up in the new stand at Terryland last weekend. I thought they were going to start riding each other at one point but they just about managed to restrain themselves to vigerous snogging. This is all very well for a sophisticated man of the world like myself but there was an elderly gentleman beside them who looked distinctly uncomfortble with all the teenage fumblings going on around him.:D

Many of them seem to have moved into the new stand and given up doing countless laps of the pitch while chasing after each other. Still a gang of pimply youths that hang around down by the chip vans though.

peterc1992
08/10/2007, 8:45 PM

i hate u people!

L37Ultra
08/10/2007, 10:24 PM
I'd rather not have young ones in the ground paying or not unless they're interested in the football

Turns away all your adult customers and young people who are interested

Nothing more annoying than a ground full of little cnuts

Still have bad memories of Cobh eh?;)

Paddyfield
08/10/2007, 10:24 PM
Ah come on, tell us what the girls are called.

OKAY. Here goes:

They aren't football fans!

They are football fannys.

rebelarmyexile
08/10/2007, 10:26 PM
Whats the problem if they are paying customers?

DmanDmythDledge
08/10/2007, 10:37 PM
Whats the problem if they are paying customers?
One Galway fan pointed out earlier that they get in free as "under 12".

Paddyfield
08/10/2007, 10:45 PM
One Galway fan pointed out earlier that they get in free as "under 12".

Yip. But only when accompanied by an adult. Otherwise €6.

Look at the advert for upcoming Derry City game on the left side of this page http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/newsroom/

Conor H
08/10/2007, 10:48 PM
But that's not been implemented-that's the whole problem.
Also we've extremely low prices so the minority that do have to pay only pay E3........If they had to payE8 that would put a stop to it!

pineapple stu
08/10/2007, 11:42 PM
What age was this kid? Just because some spotty kid was dancing in front of you (I understand how irritating that can be), you decide to hit him? Should have told him to **** off :rolleyes:
Yeah, like it never occured to me to tell him to go away. :rolleyes:

I believe in the old ways; if someone deserves a thump, they get a thump. **** him. And, although I don't know why it makes any difference, the kid was about twelve.

i hate u people!
Right back at you. Fortunately, your age means I can ignore your opinions.

Raheny Red
08/10/2007, 11:59 PM
Yeah, like it never occured to me to tell him to go away. :rolleyes:

I believe in the old ways; if someone deserves a thump, they get a thump. **** him. And, although I don't know why it makes any difference, the kid was about twelve.

So just because an annoying child ignores you you think it's ok to give him a thump? That's shocking, it really is! Fair enough, if there is an adult like this behaving like that in your face then he deserves a smack but for Christ sake the kid was 12, he's defenseless ffs. So, if you believe in the old ways, why didn't you tell the steward that you did hit him?! Instead of cowardly hiding behind your actions. Pity that the steward didn't believe the young kid or better still if the child's father was there with him.

pineapple stu
09/10/2007, 12:03 AM
Oh give me a break. Stupid PC nonsense has the world where it is. Kid deserved a smack (not a wallop, just a smack with a stick), and even he took it like a man eventually. Why don't you?

dundalksarge
09/10/2007, 1:04 AM
Oh give me a break. Stupid PC nonsense has the world where it is. Kid deserved a smack (not a wallop, just a smack with a stick), and even he took it like a man eventually. Why don't you?

If that was my child , I'm sure you could imagine where your pole would be going. Anyway you should be used to telling with immature kids that don't know any better.

Tir Oilean
09/10/2007, 7:12 AM
If that was your child surely he wouldn't be acting the maggot at the ground in the first place:-) The only way of controlling these muppets is report them to the steward if the steward doesnt sort it then a quick up the hole when nobody is looking should move the problem on somewhere else!

I had to tell 3/4 young lads to get down off the seats after Wes scored the last night, they said why?, I said ye'll break them let off a rant with foul language and hey presto. Thought afterward I should have said Im an off duty garda!

Macy
09/10/2007, 8:03 AM
If that was my child , I'm sure you could imagine where your pole would be going. Anyway you should be used to telling with immature kids that don't know any better.
If it was my child they'd be stood beside not being a little fooker around the away fans, if they were under 12. :rolleyes:

They'd be with me and the rest of the mature fans, shouting and swearing at them, telling the lazy student baskets to get a job... :D

btid1
09/10/2007, 9:06 AM
If it was my child they'd be stood beside not being a little fooker around the away fans, if they were under 12. :rolleyes:

They'd be with me and the rest of the mature fans, shouting and swearing at them, telling the lazy student baskets to get a job... :D

Agree 100%.Too many parents out there willing to let their kids do whatever they want and then moan when the kid gets what they deserve.

Agree with Pineapple Stu as well sick of the PC bull**** on this board!!

Dodge
09/10/2007, 9:34 AM
Kid deserved a smack (not a wallop, just a smack with a stick)

LOL @ "with a stick"

Anyway being PC is not the reason the world is the way it is, despite what you child abusers think ;)

Raheny Red
09/10/2007, 10:31 AM

Jesus it has nothing to do with PC nonsense. You gave a kid a smack because he ignored you. If he took it like a man why did he go "off whining to the steward"? Anyway, looks like you don't understand the severity of your actions :rolleyes: but someday you'll regret sticking by the old ways!

John83
09/10/2007, 10:39 AM
Still have bad memories of Cobh eh?;)
Doesn't everyone?

Lim till i die
09/10/2007, 11:11 AM
If that was my child

If it was your child you'd be a crap parent

I'm sure you could imagine where your pole would be going.

Oooh Ya, act the hard man infront of the kid, being way more mature and setting a good example there :rolleyes:

Still have bad memories of Cobh eh?

Every ground has annoying little kids.

Cobh just differs in that they make up the majority of the crowd and the half dozen or so adults that are with them are mostly at a similar stage of mental development

OKAY. Here goes:

They aren't football fans!

They are football fannys.

Possibly the least offensive utterance ever made at a football ground?? :)

pineapple stu
09/10/2007, 10:48 PM
Anyway, looks like you don't understand the severity of your actions :rolleyes: but someday you'll regret sticking by the old ways!
What a load of cliched nonsense.

I told the kid to go away, he didn't. The stewards, as usual, weren't interested in doing their job. A short sharp smack is good for learning people. You'll understand the laxity of your proposed actions when you have kids running riot because you're scared to slap them.

Vitruvian Man
09/10/2007, 10:54 PM
I agree with Pinapple Stu, political correctness has gone mad in this country.

If you hit my 12 year old I'd put you in a wheelchair.

pineapple stu
09/10/2007, 10:57 PM
Not quite my point! :p

gufcfan
09/10/2007, 11:05 PM
Thought afterward I should have said Im an off duty garda!

Ya, tell them u'll give them a lift down to the station coz ur clockin in at 10. haha

eamo1
10/10/2007, 12:04 AM
myself and about 5 other lads,we would actually watch the games though(at the old "shed").my point is 3 of us still go to the matches so hopefully when these kids grow up(physically) some of them will keep going to the games too.if half of them kept going to games thats around 200plus extra fans id say.it is annoying though,we moved twice last friday night as we looked like peadophiles where we were sitting at one stage.

gilberto_eire
10/10/2007, 1:06 AM
while making my way back to the stand during the last game i was asked by some girl aged about 15 would i go off with her friend....im young(21) but not THAT young, the offer made me feel special :D

if only older girls were so easy, once they hit 17 ya got to work your magic :)

gilberto_eire
10/10/2007, 1:17 AM
Don't lie Gilberto it was the other way around mate, you could get yourself into trouble at that mate, you would have to consider changing your user name to Graham Rix !

maybe thats what you do above in the ''showggies'' but dont try to worm me onto your side on this, your all alone ''mate'' ;)

Snoop Drog
10/10/2007, 2:51 AM
A short sharp smack is good for learning people.

New teaching methods at UCD?

gilberto_eire
10/10/2007, 8:55 AM
Worm you ? We don't do that humans in Sligo.

Seriously Gilberto i had a friend that got himself into trouble at that crack, you knew well what you were at though walking by them probably a fag in the ear as well looking your best with have a can of Lynx sprayed on you. If i was you i would only go to the shop in a group you don't want their fathers to come looking for you. Look ignore me all you want all i am saying mate is don't get caught at that ! ;)

I know if i see this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuiA2j52rP8 sort of thing the next time they SHow Terryland who it is !!!!!

dont get caught? as i said im not into that craic but not you seem to be trying to pass me on some knowledge you have on the subject, thanks but no thanks

Raheny Red
10/10/2007, 11:05 AM
I told the kid to go away, he didn't. The stewards, as usual, weren't interested in doing their job. A short sharp smack is good for learning people. You'll understand the laxity of your proposed actions when you have kids running riot because you're scared to slap them.

You're right there, I am afraid to hit a kid, due to the consequences. It ain't worth hitting a child due to what may happen as a result. Anyway, this going nowhere, we'll just leave it at you're a kiddie beater

pineapple stu
10/10/2007, 11:03 PM
Yup, because a short sharp smack constitues a beating. :rolleyes:

John83
11/10/2007, 9:43 AM
New teaching methods at UCD?
You should see the new lecture theatres (http://www.girr.org/vacation_diaries/west_high_2001_trip/torture_chamber.jpg).