PDA

View Full Version : L37 V Kilkenny City 19th Oct

Woody
07/10/2007, 4:57 PM
I can't wait for this particular match. Kilkenny's caretaker manager Noel Byrne (former Glasgow Celtic talent scout) is from my home town and has drafted in a load of new face's into the squad including a fairly handy young lad from Thurles called Ted O'Connor who I think is linked with Crewe (?). Still though we should have no bother taking the cats. 5-0 maybe?

The Lilywhites
08/10/2007, 1:56 AM
Ted O'Connor is 25. He's been with Kilkenny all season, doing very well, got a couple of goals against us up in Oriel Park. Seven goals in total I think.

balls
08/10/2007, 5:16 PM
good player ted but didnt exactly set the tipperary junior league on fire the last 2 seasons when he played in it with thurles side peake villa so i doubt a move to crewe is on the cards.
anyone know why tommy gaynor stepped down as kilkenny manager

sadloserkid
08/10/2007, 5:29 PM
anyone know why tommy gaynor stepped down as kilkenny manager

He cited work commitments, I think he's opened a men's clothes shop somewhere in Tipperary?

Fairkop
08/10/2007, 10:11 PM
He cited work commitments, I think he's opened a men's clothes shop somewhere in Tipperary?
tomi,s always had a shop in nenagh...think after losing 6 nil in ballybofey a few weeks back the harsh reality of eircom 1st div life caught up with him.

the dazzler
09/10/2007, 1:06 AM
why didnt we try and sign o conner?

Lim till i die
09/10/2007, 11:03 AM
why didnt we try and sign o conner?

good player ted but didnt exactly set the tipperary junior league on fire the last 2 seasons when he played in it with thurles side peake villa so i doubt a move to crewe is on the cards.

;)

tomi,s always had a shop in nenagh...think after losing 6 nil in ballybofey a few weeks back the harsh reality of eircom 1st div life caught up with him.

I think it could have been more Kilkenny City life than 1st Division life per se :)

balls
09/10/2007, 5:14 PM
kilkenny have some decent young players in timmy kiely, colin bargary etc but i dont think they ll ever have a decent local support when the nucleus of there team is all from tipperary. i think they even train in thurles

Woody
09/10/2007, 8:23 PM
I didn't realise that O'Connor was as old as 25. Also have been told the Crewe (?) link was a while ago now probably only a trial (if even that). Noel Byrne seems to be drafting in a bit too many Tipp lads (some Templemore) for my liking, even though it's good to see an eircom league link with Thurles and also too many to be of any benefit to the pride of the Kilkenny supporters. Clubs need some base developed around local talent I believe.