PDA

View Full Version : League of Ireland clubs in Europe

eoinh
29/04/2003, 5:41 PM
I think this was prompted by Shelsman but since then Deise Deserter and myself have been talking about it. We were thinking of building a website that would deal with League of Ireland clubs in europe and their exploits. There are some great clubs that Loi clubs have played against and some great players have been involved. We were thinking of getting it orgainised in mid/ late may but to put up our plans now so people could get their thinking caps on. Any materials given to us will be carefully looked after and returned to their owners. We would be looking for programmes, photos, newspaper articles, stories of the clubs involved and i suppose stories from fans who went to these matchs and your experinces. Following a LOI club isnt just about St. Colmans Park in the rain its also about Real Madrid, Munich and deepest eastern europe. ;) . At this precise moment we are not looking for the materials but we will be in a few weeks time.
I have some info myself and programmes as well. When the time comes around ill resurrect this thread again but i know many of you must have some great memories and memorabilia.
EVERYTHING WILL BE LOOKED AFTER AND RETURNED TO THEIR OWNERS.
What do people think?

Colm
29/04/2003, 8:59 PM
Sounds good Eoin, hope it goes well.

atfconline
30/04/2003, 12:03 AM
I have abit that I can scan in on Town's exploits for you.

dahamsta
30/04/2003, 12:16 AM
Let me know when you're closer to getting it online and we'll look at clearing out a space for you on the Foot.ie server. Give us a heads-up though, we'll need to rent a U-Haul to shift James' crap out of it. :)

adam

James
30/04/2003, 7:10 AM
Originally posted by Vetinari
we'll need to rent a U-Haul to shift James' crap out of it. :)
adam

:o gone soon honest, give us another 2 days like
i'm photoshoppin the pics down to nothing like

eoinh
30/04/2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Vetinari
Let me know when you're closer to getting it online and we'll look at clearing out a space for you on the Foot.ie server.

Thank you very much.

Deise Desterter will be doing the computer angle as the most i can do is put things into CAPS LOCK :rolleyes:

Ill be helping out with research, info etc

Dodge
30/04/2003, 12:56 PM
I'll see what i can from the Pats end... Also you might wanna keep a look out for Programes at auction on E-bay. They usually have quite a few LOI clubs in Europe. At lest it might give youa copuple of pics

Ash
30/04/2003, 1:01 PM
Good idea Eoin.

I've the programme for Standard Liege -v-Athlone Town 83/84
season so I can scan in the pics and send them on.

Its nearly all in French (or Flemish) appart from a note to welcome
the players, officials and supporters of Athlone. Underneath that
is an addvert for emergancy ambulance and hospital services!?!

Still trying to get my hands on the Milan prog so if I do I'll send on
stuff from that

eoinh
30/04/2003, 1:03 PM
Thats brilliant lads

gustavo
02/05/2003, 8:04 PM
On Jim Garvey's excellent Sligo Rovers Website
www.sligorovers.net
If you go to history you should get plenty of stuff on the Bit of reds famous European exploits also im pretty sure he has mpeg clips of us in action against Brugges somehwere.

eoinh
11/06/2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by eoinh
I think this was prompted by Shelsman but since then Deise Deserter and myself have been talking about it. We were thinking of building a website that would deal with League of Ireland clubs in europe and their exploits. There are some great clubs that Loi clubs have played against and some great players have been involved. We were thinking of getting it orgainised in mid/ late may but to put up our plans now so people could get their thinking caps on. Any materials given to us will be carefully looked after and returned to their owners. We would be looking for programmes, photos, newspaper articles, stories of the clubs involved and i suppose stories from fans who went to these matchs and your experinces. Following a LOI club isnt just about St. Colmans Park in the rain its also about Real Madrid, Munich and deepest eastern europe. ;) . At this precise moment we are not looking for the materials but we will be in a few weeks time.
I have some info myself and programmes as well. When the time comes around ill resurrect this thread again but i know many of you must have some great memories and memorabilia.
EVERYTHING WILL BE LOOKED AFTER AND RETURNED TO THEIR OWNERS.
What do people think?

Deise Deserter and myself have been in contact with each other recently again about this. If anybody has any material they would like to send on, links, ideas, scanned material, stories of teams in europe and fans adventures along the way could they get in touch with us. All material will be returned.

James
11/06/2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by eoinh
I think this was prompted by Shelsman but since then Deise Deserter and myself have been talking about it. We were thinking of building a website that would deal with League of Ireland clubs in europe and their exploits.comes around

any sign of the site lads.. its a great idea like :)