PDA

View Full Version : Give him a ball and a yard of grass

rebs23
06/10/2007, 3:51 PM
FYI at the Cork film Festival Oct 18th two documentaries about the Shed End and Sir Henrys in the Bodega. Absolute must see films about youth culture in the early 90's/late 80's in Cork/Ireland. For people who were there at the time, you must not miss this. Hopefully they'll be taken up and shown by RTE.

Aldini98
10/10/2007, 3:37 PM
What about people who were (albeit luckily) not there at the time, or at any time come to think of it...... ?

rebs23
10/10/2007, 4:24 PM
What about people who were (albeit luckily) not there at the time, or at any time come to think of it...... ?

Still worth watching. Second date added of the 19th but apparently both showings sold out. Even more reason for RTE to pick these up.. Anyone working for RTE out there.....????
Preview here http://youtube.com/watch?v=qzo42oScRfY
No preview available of Shed End doc.

Aldini98
11/10/2007, 9:08 AM
You're missing my point I think. Anyone from outside Cork (yeah yeah the REAL capital) wouldn't be interested......

rebs23
11/10/2007, 8:43 PM
You're missing my point I think. Anyone from outside Cork (yeah yeah the REAL capital) wouldn't be interested......

WTF! real capital what are you on about. Nobody calls it that in Cork anymore, that term is cringworthy rubbish spouted by people trying to wind up dubs, obviously worked on you.
120 bpm - Its a doc about Irish youth culture. Henrys was the first/second (well Zoes in Cork was the first) rave/house club in Ireland. Everyone with any knowledge of House/Rave acknowledges its pioneering role in terms of the Irish House scene. In the early days clubbers from Belfast and Dublin would travel down, it was thee club in Ireland.

The Shed End at Turners Cross was probably the most famous terrace during the 90's, nearly always full and always intimidating. i suppose it may be of interest to other EL fans and those interested in youth culture.

Both may be of interest to anyone travelling down for the Irelands oldest Film Festival. As both are sold out I think it would great for them to be brought to a wider audience, sorry if that offends your parochial sensibilities.

Aldini98
12/10/2007, 2:40 PM
Ok yeah.

anyone that remembers Henrys has had too much ear splitting nonsense to function as a human being.

The Shed end earned Cork City numerous League titles, cups and European success, oh wait a minute, it didnt.

Ye all still go on about the real capital and the PROC, dont kid yourselves !

rebs23
12/10/2007, 2:55 PM
Ok yeah.

anyone that remembers Henrys has had too much ear splitting nonsense to function as a human being.

The Shed end earned Cork City numerous League titles, cups and European success, oh wait a minute, it didnt.

Ye all still go on about the real capital and the PROC, dont kid yourselves !
I'm sure there is a Pyschologist somewhere that could deal with your issues, until then relax. You don't have to read the thread, you could post somewhere else giving out about Corkies, maybe even start your own thread. Same applies if you have no interest in House/Rave/Dance culture. Same applies if you have no interest in Terrace culture amongst football fans in Ireland but both these screenings are probably the first IRISH documentaries on the subject matters.

Maybe as you suggest I'm not capable of functioning as human being because I like House music (amongst alot of other genre) but you are the only one showing intolerance. Functioning as a human being includes tolerating the fact that we all have different tastes, etc.

rebs23
12/10/2007, 3:09 PM
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=781694#post781694
"Constant pigeon holing of people gets on my tits"

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=486445#post486445
"sung by mucksavages from Munster"

Some brilliant quotes there from you aldini, anymore to add to the list:rolleyes:

Aldini98
15/10/2007, 9:39 AM
Dont have any right now but you must have nothing else to do but check my profile so at least my provoking lead to something constructive to be said by you :)

I take you points re House music AND The shed end and apologise if you thought I was having a go, which I was really but Hey I was bored !