PDA

View Full Version : Drogs beat Rovers 1-0

Rovers fan
05/10/2007, 8:54 PM
crap a 90th minute winner. has me in a bad mood for the night. would have been great to get a draw out of it

red metal
05/10/2007, 8:57 PM
Would have been better if Adam hughes turned up!He wasnt injured he just didnt want to play against his new club!Or was told not to play against his new club!

Boo_Boy
05/10/2007, 9:00 PM
Would have been better if Adam hughes turned up!He wasnt injured he just didnt want to play against his new club!Or was told not to play against his new club!

how do you know that?

red metal
05/10/2007, 9:07 PM
From a very good source!Hughes has a pre contract signed with Drogheda and Doolin probably told him not to play.I bet hughes has played his last game for the rovers!

Rovers fan
05/10/2007, 9:13 PM
why do they always seem to leave us controversially!

red metal
05/10/2007, 9:35 PM

Its bad craic allright him not showing up for the bus!If thats the sort of lad he is Drogheda are welcome to him.Dont get me wrong here very good player and he has allway giving us 100%.But thats just bad form!:mad:

Red&White Rover
05/10/2007, 9:49 PM
Disappointed with how Hughesy is leaving. He's an honest lad usually so it's a bit of a bitter taste anyway...

rusheenrover
05/10/2007, 10:15 PM
Great display. Very unlucky to lose. The team were gutted afterwards.

Entire team played well but Peersie and Faz were brilliant. Foyser also had a very good game and has not been as slim since he arrived. I hope he is offered a contract for next season.Cash also played well when he came on.

There are grounds for optimism for next year if most/all of to-nights team have resigned and a few new signings can be added.

jamie m
05/10/2007, 10:31 PM
if all this stuff is true about hughes he has seriously gone down in my estimation, no one would blame the lad for moving clubs for a much bigger wage but to do it like this and just not turn up for a game is an absolute disgrace, :mad:

Shedzer
05/10/2007, 10:46 PM
i alwaays believed that Hughes was an honest footballer well on the pitch anyway. he has let the club down that pay his wages. Why must players leave this club in such a way it is disloyal after all he was club captain. if all this is true then i hope he never plays another game for our club it must be only home grown players that understand the true meaning of loyalty to a club that so many people love.

sligo23
05/10/2007, 11:06 PM
i alwaays believed that Hughes was an honest footballer well on the pitch anyway. he has let the club down that pay his wages. Why must players leave this club in such a way it is disloyal after all he was club captain. if all this is true then i hope he never plays another game for our club it must be only home grown players that understand the true meaning of loyalty to a club that so many people love.

well said

feo123
06/10/2007, 1:39 AM
he fell out of the shower this morning, that was the excuse given! i know what to take from that, i'll leave it upto ye to decide for yerselves.

on the game, again, a whole hearted display from all the lads, very unlucky to lose the game, just one laps of concentration right at the end cost us. apart from that the defence was brialliant! dont want to single out anyone again but the whole team was very good i though, 100% effort from everyone. if we keep this squad of players bar one or two who will leave and add a few players we'll be better next season.

Celdrog
06/10/2007, 8:17 AM
Its bad craic allright him not showing up for the bus!If thats the sort of lad he is Drogheda are welcome to him.Dont get me wrong here very good player and he has allway giving us 100%.But thats just bad form!:mad:
That's the first we heard of anyone signing for us. If he is a bit of a messer for not playing last night because of that, there is no way Doolin would touch him. You can see his standards when Fahey gets sacked on the spot for turning up ****ed.
Sorry for the last minute winner last night, but thats why we will be champions. You couln't have complained had we won 5-0, nor could we have complained if you'd won 3-0. Kuzodovic is some player, maybe he'll come to us............
Credit to your fans - a huge crowd considering the distance and always supported the team

red bellied
06/10/2007, 9:55 AM
Bad form from Hughes whatever his excuse not playing against Drogheda. Would of been better off just to tell Cooke the truth. This pre-contract thing is a crock of crap especially in the LOI. Its badly affected Rovers this season between Turner and Hughes back stabbing. Let Drogheda pay Hughes wages till the end of the season because thats where his loyalties seem to be with now.

Rory H
06/10/2007, 11:21 AM
heard conflicting reports.hard to know ,thought he would be better than that but dont we always!

Gutted at the end, 8 points behind now so its all but over.

feo123
06/10/2007, 11:51 AM
suppose we shouldnt fully judge whats going on until we know for sure

Rovers1
06/10/2007, 2:25 PM
complained if you'd won 3-0. Kuzodovic is some player, maybe he'll come to us............

or maybe not.....;)

sligoman
06/10/2007, 3:51 PM
Great performance last night. I know people say Judge needs a rest but he really has been poor in the last few games. Really done nothing at all last night. Foy is great, seriously, we need him signed for next season. As for Hughes, he can **** off if he's going to act the ******** like that. Should be fined a weeks wages for faking an injury, if true:mad:. So annoyed to have lost it at the end like that:(
100% effort from everyone.You'll disagree but everyone, bar Manson and maybe Ventre.

feo123
06/10/2007, 4:09 PM
Great performance last night. I know people say Judge needs a rest but he really has been poor in the last few games. Really done nothing at all last night. Foy is great, seriously, we need him signed for next season. As for Hughes, he can **** off if he's going to act the ******** like that. Should be fined a weeks wages for faking an injury, if true:mad:. So annoyed to have lost it at the end like that:(You'll disagree but everyone, bar Manson and maybe Ventre.

yeah, i disagree

Rovers fan
06/10/2007, 4:50 PM
he fell out of the shower this morning, that was the excuse given! i know what to take from that, i'll leave it upto ye to decide for yerselves.

feo will you stop criticising the players!

feo123
06/10/2007, 5:56 PM
feo will you stop criticising the players!

no, i always critisise them :rolleyes:

clubman
06/10/2007, 11:06 PM
Was at the game last night and never in my long time following the Rovers was I as proud of my team. Even in defeat I felt we were victorious. For ninety-two minutes last night we matched the champions elect. Drogheda are a very good side let there be no doubt and though it was a kick in the balls them scoring the winner so late I don't begrudge them for one minute their glory. I've always have had a soft spot for the Drogs. It's only a short couple of years those guys were nearly gone out of football. Look at them today - there's a huge amount we as a club can learn from the Boynesiders.
Last night from Brushie out the lads were a total credit to the shirts they wore - shirts they wore with great pride. Yes they were all gutted at the end, but I was a very proud man leaving United Park last night and I'd like to put on record how grateful I am to Paul Cook, Gerry Carr, the players and even the management committee of Sligo Rovers for a very entertaining season. At the start with all the unrest I don't think anyone's wildest dream could have thought this one up. It was a great season and we have a huge amount to be optimistic about. Roll on Friday night.

ndrog
07/10/2007, 2:18 PM
super post mate .I think the feeling is mutual towards rovers here in Drogheda .You played very well on fri and were unlucky to loose at the death , but we kept at it and scored what i think was a deserved winner .If we can beat your buddies the shams on fri we are well on our way :D

Rory H
08/10/2007, 11:01 AM
http://www.sligorovers.com/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,82/

have a look at the team photo for the match.

foyzer and peers never stop the messing:p

gustavo
08/10/2007, 11:04 AM
is that what you meant?!http://www.sligorovers.com/images/stories/gallery/userpics/10001/normal_0728_Starting_Eleven_-v-_Drogheda.jpg

Rory H
08/10/2007, 11:20 AM
ya....

gustavo
08/10/2007, 12:08 PM
ahh you were quick on the edit there !

life long red
08/10/2007, 12:42 PM
blame the management

avvenalaf
08/10/2007, 4:24 PM
Why ?

Darco Ooragnak
09/10/2007, 7:17 AM
Highlights (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=785889#post785889)