PDA

View Full Version : Return to Tea at Halftime

Réiteoir
05/10/2007, 4:55 PM
72.6% of all eircom League clubs want to ditch coffee and return to serving tea to their guests in the hospitality areas on matchnights.

The punters aren't being lured in by the offer of a cup of hot coffee - they'd much rather head to the bar for a pint.

I know this all as fact - so there's no denying it

BRING BACK TEA - DON'T LET THE COFFEE BRIGADE WIN!

And as for the quality of biscuits on offer - they were much better back in the days when we had chocolate digestives.

:ball:

OneRedArmy
05/10/2007, 5:01 PM
I'll bet your sources are very private also.......

But our reputation with the Europeans has improved so much since we moved to coffee.

passerrby
05/10/2007, 5:12 PM
typical bohs you know we would all like tea but you just push your own agenda
source tetleys mori poll

passerrby
05/10/2007, 5:15 PM
just heard percolaters have been put into licensing damn you bohs

Réiteoir
05/10/2007, 5:19 PM
if you don't have a teapot inside the ground you'll be thrown out of the league.

no room in this league for beans

soccerc
05/10/2007, 5:29 PM
It is understood that teabags will not be permitted, rather, the traditional loose leaf must be used or fines will ensue.

Réiteoir
05/10/2007, 5:40 PM
I've also been passed information that Sligo will be allowed, for the first time ever, to stock cans of a new hot drink called "Cop On".

The Minister of Misinformation at the Showgrounds, a Mr Roger Tauder, was found foaming at the mouth muttering about "the Winter" at such a prospect

pineapple stu
06/10/2007, 4:42 PM
Can we get a poll on this?

Réiteoir
06/10/2007, 5:15 PM

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8566/pollns7.jpg

There we go - ordering two teas

Poor Student
07/10/2007, 7:23 AM
if you don't have a teapot inside the ground you'll be thrown out of the league.

Do you think UCD can afford such frivolous expenditure such as tea or coffee? What's the point in us having a tea pot when we don't have the sufficient crowds to make it commercially viable? We're plodding along nicely without one. It's that kind of largesse that will see you all go bust and us win the league.

Pauro 76
07/10/2007, 8:28 AM
It'll be a whole lot worse if Starbucks parked up a van outside the Flansiro say. I'll have a chocha mocha lochachino skinny latte please.

passerrby
07/10/2007, 12:01 PM

80% of clubs want one

Poor Student
07/10/2007, 12:13 PM
Mick Wallace says he'll be damned if anything other than the finest espressos are sold in Wexford from the machine he flies in from Turin every week. He hopes to bring an Italian influence to Irish coffee drinking and it helps him see a strong resemblence between the Youth's ground and the Del Alpi.

John83
09/10/2007, 10:20 AM
Oh, this is just asking for trouble. Sligo are bound to get fined for using the wrong colour tea.

Rovers1
09/10/2007, 10:24 AM
Oh, this is just asking for trouble. Sligo are bound to get fined for using the wrong colour tea.

and for pouring it incorrectly.....:o

Magicme
09/10/2007, 10:39 AM
Mick Wallace says he'll be damned if anything other than the finest espressos are sold in Wexford from the machine he flies in from Turin every week. He hopes to bring an Italian influence to Irish coffee drinking and it helps him see a strong resemblence between the Youth's ground and the Del Alpi.

Actually the Italian guy at Wexford Youths Complex makes a great coffee. :o

Dodge
09/10/2007, 10:42 AM

And Galway got promoted for theirs

soccerc
09/10/2007, 10:46 AM

Was it not for the graphic of the teapot on the DVD Cover?

CollegeTillIDie
09/10/2007, 10:46 AM
I was of the view that we in the Eircom League Of Ireland should be establishing a pluralist society, where tea and coffee drinkers can live in harmony, world without end amen! Speaking as one who has witnessed more than 1,000 games of football at all levels some have required a half time cup of strong coffee to keep one awake. They have been in the minority thankfully enough.

don ramo
09/10/2007, 12:34 PM

well they eliminated the competition with there tea anyways, no teams left to play, after all team suffered extreme posioning after drinking there brew:D

Mr A
09/10/2007, 12:37 PM
Regardless of what change is being considered in terms of half-time beverages the important thing is that the FAI conduct proper market research before they do anything, instead of just changing for the sake of it like in the past.

The last thing this league needs is another silver bullet solution that turns out to be pointless and damaging.

jebus
09/10/2007, 7:15 PM
Jesus Mr.A I was gonna say that I got banned from the Galway forum for pointing out how precious a few of them can be and here you were swanning around talking about dancing in one of their's blood, but then I looked to my left and it all made sense :)

pineapple stu
09/10/2007, 10:33 PM
Ur all sad celtic brand t is much better an irish too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!