PDA

View Full Version : How to travel to Cyprus?

unkel
05/10/2007, 9:50 AM
Sorry, not footie related :o

Business trip coming up in a few weeks time and I need to book flights from Dublin. Ideally I'm departing on a Monday, work over there from Tuesday to (part of) Friday and flying back on Friday. But I'm flexible, as long as I spent at least 3 full working days over there

Scheduled flight times seem awkward with one or even multiple stop overs each way. The obvious alternative to fly direct is book a chartered flight, but that means flights are typically Saturday to Saturday

Cost is not that much of an issue, within reason. I don't care if the return flights cost €100 or €1000

Anyone any tips? Anyone done this before?

pete
05/10/2007, 2:34 PM
I seem to remember looking last summer & at that stage charter the only.

You might try to fly via Athens as this would more than likely be the busiest route.

stann
05/10/2007, 2:58 PM
If 'wasting' some cash is not an issue how about looking at booking a charter flight out for the cheapness but only going one way on it, then a scheduled flight back. Or t'other way round.

slow2anger
05/10/2007, 3:42 PM
Your best bet is probably BA from Heathrow with a connecting flight from Dublin with Aer Lingus.

The best thing about BA is you have online check-in available to save the terrible queues at Larnaca airport (providing you can travel with hand-baggage).

pete
05/10/2007, 6:01 PM
If 'wasting' some cash is not an issue how about looking at booking a charter flight out for the cheapness but only going one way on it, then a scheduled flight back. Or t'other way round.

Typically only fly at weekends & probably no return for 6-7 days.

stann
05/10/2007, 11:38 PM
Yeah that's what I'm saying, get a direct charter flight out at the weekend (and only use the outward leg of it), grab a scheduled flight back midweek and then he'd only have to change planes the one time.

Edit: Nah, had a quick scooch around t'net and to be honest the idea looks like more trouble than it's worth, sorry.

gspain
08/10/2007, 10:58 AM
It is awkward. I had to stay overnight in London last year. flew via Heathrow.

I think I used Prague the year before.

unkel
18/10/2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks a lot folks for all your help!

In the end, I let the company I'll be travelling to do the booking. They came up with better times than I could find. Flying over via LHR with BA on Monday. Flying back via Athens and Frankfurt with Lufthansa on Friday