PDA

View Full Version : How do we rid ourselves of the Mile/Delaney/Stan axis?

an_ceannaire
04/10/2007, 11:08 AM
Milo/Delaney/Stan. What steps can we as fans take to see these 3 numptys, well, I am loathe to have a go at Stan after what he did as a player so to be nice I will say 2 numptys and one incompetent amateur just go away and let us go about making a real go with this team.
Give us a good manager, or even just an average but real manager at this stage, and give him players like Given, Dunne, McShane, Finnan, Ireland, Hunt, McGeady, Doyle, Long, Duff, Keane the lesser, Reid 1&2 and lets see what we can do.
But we have to do something, anything as a collective unit to force their hand. As it is the FAI are burying their collective heads in Milo's perm and seem oblivious.

jebus
04/10/2007, 11:14 AM
You'll have more luck persuading yourself to support England than trying to get rid of Delaney

an_ceannaire
04/10/2007, 11:15 AM
you have to love the way Dunphy used to talk Delaney up as the saviour....and now........:D

paul_oshea
04/10/2007, 12:04 PM
good old dunphy sticks by his mates :D

an ceannaire, if more people were like you something might be done, instead the typical irish attitude prevails.

youngirish
04/10/2007, 3:40 PM
Just don't go to any of the International games. Hit the FAI where it hurts, in their pockets. Anything less and things will just continue as per normal.

I personally have had enough of Stan, Delaney and the FAI.

OwlsFan
04/10/2007, 3:59 PM
And replace Delaney with who?

MojoPin
04/10/2007, 4:17 PM
:Dmick wallace

Sligo Hornet
04/10/2007, 7:31 PM
Just don't go to any of the International games. Hit the FAI where it hurts, in their pockets. Anything less and things will just continue as per normal.

I personally have had enough of Stan, Delaney and the FAI.

Haven't seen your name on the "Spare Tickets List".....Why?:confused:

NeilMcD
04/10/2007, 7:48 PM
Cause he did not go to the games in the first place.

Cosmo
04/10/2007, 9:05 PM
And replace Delaney with who?

Osama Bin Laden for all i care -but the fact of the matter is he has to go!!

youngirish
05/10/2007, 10:14 AM
Haven't seen your name on the "Spare Tickets List".....Why?:confused:

Luckily I didn't have any tickets for the German game.

Cause he did not go to the games in the first place.

You'd probably be better off saving some money yourself and staying at home and watching the next few matches on TV as you don't seem to be any better off in a knowledge sense regarding the Irish team or its players from having attended all those matches that you claim to have.

Are you by any chance Stan?

NeilMcD
05/10/2007, 1:45 PM
Ooooh getting personal slagging my knowlege of football, how will I sleep tonight. Any chance you are giving courses in town as I feel like doing an evening course some night.

Ireland4ever
05/10/2007, 1:53 PM
Ooooh getting personal slagging my knowlege of football, how will I sleep tonight. Any chance you are giving courses in town as I feel like doing an evening course some night.

Sign me up!

onenilgameover
05/10/2007, 9:31 PM
Sign me up!

Yeah me too...Ireland football games have made my knowledge of football........Stuuuupid...deary me...Young Irish people still want to go to the games and support even if they dont agree with the set up...Theres better forms of attack...

youngirish
08/10/2007, 10:58 AM
Yeah me too...Ireland football games have made my knowledge of football........Stuuuupid...deary me...Young Irish people still want to go to the games and support even if they dont agree with the set up...Theres better forms of attack...

Yeah like what's a better form of attack than depriving the FAI of our money? What genius scheme are you proposing? Failing a full scale French style revolution ending only with the overthrow of Delaney and the replacement of Stan I fail to see a better alternative.

NeilMcD
08/10/2007, 11:36 AM
Youngirish you have admitted before you dont go to games often, so you are not giving up much to be honest. You are suggest to people that they do not attend something that they may have attended for the last 30 years or so. The thought of watching a home Ireland game on the TV is totally alien to a lot of people on this board. You however are well used to it (judging by what you have said before as I dont know this for a fact) so its not as big a deal for you.

youngirish
08/10/2007, 11:56 AM
Youngirish you have admitted before you dont go to games often, so you are not giving up much to be honest. You are suggest to people that they do not attend something that they may have attended for the last 30 years or so. The thought of watching a home Ireland game on the TV is totally alien to a lot of people on this board. You however are well used to it (judging by what you have said before as I dont know this for a fact) so its not as big a deal for you.

I'm not trying to sound dramatic but drastic action is needed at this stage or nothing will change (in hindsight it was needed after the Cyprus debacle last year). We've had 5 years of drivel thus far. How much more should we take?

If people aren't even prepared to do the minimum IMO and vote with their feet by not attending a few matches then why should Delaney be forced to do anything to change this mess he's created?

citizenerased
08/10/2007, 12:46 PM
the fact of the matter is, the FAI have our money already, so boycotting now is pointless..We need to get behind the team, in fairness to them their effort hasnt lacked in this campaign, just the tactical nous of the Walsall waterboy!!

God its depressing situation.......

reder
08/10/2007, 1:12 PM
If people aren't even prepared to do the minimum IMO and vote with their feet by not attending a few matches then why should Delaney be forced to do anything to change this mess he's created?

I understand your sentiment youngirish but dont agree with your "stay at home" campaign. Personally, I believe every genuine supporter should turn up on sat and get behind the team 100%. A few hundred might do as you suggest but that will look insignificant in a crowd of 80,000. Moreover, the FAI have the money for the tickets already so .........

Personally, I think the best way is to voice your displeasure at the game and outside the ground. If we lose or are losing badly on sat for example get up out of your seat and shout dogs abuse at the relevant target.

After the game go out to the officials entrance and do the same. The media will get a hold of the whole "fans venting their anger" scene and they will drive for his dismissal. I firmly believe that a solid media campaign is the only thing that will get these people removed from their respective positions.

Remember the same media got McCarthy sacked after he fell out with the cabbage. McCarthy had the backing of a far higher percentage of the hardcore fans than Stan does.

citizenerased
08/10/2007, 1:51 PM
ya hardly hate keane because your a liverpool fan!!,,nah you couldnt be that sad!!

reder
09/10/2007, 7:51 AM
ya hardly hate keane because your a liverpool fan!!,,nah you couldnt be that sad!!

Nah its more of hatred of the individual. I dont really go into the whole manc player hate thing. I have massive respect for the likes of Giggs.