PDA

View Full Version : The wisdom of Stan

Noelys Guitar
03/10/2007, 12:05 PM
"Well,'' responded Staunton, "we've got plenty of defenders there, people that can play centre half. Stephen Kelly, and Joey O'Brien has played there, I'm sure he has at underage level." I don't need to add anything else.

Sligo Hornet
03/10/2007, 12:08 PM
Surely the title is a contadiction in terms?;)

Lionel Ritchie
03/10/2007, 12:19 PM
Surely the title is a contadiction in terms?;)

...or at least should be headed by that picture from The Simpsons of the two apes in Homers thought bubble picking grubs off each other.

tetsujin1979
03/10/2007, 3:05 PM
"Well,'' responded Staunton, "we've got plenty of defenders there, people that can play centre half. Stephen Kelly, and Joey O'Brien has played there, I'm sure he has at underage level." I don't need to add anything else.
Kelly definitely played at centre half for the u-21s. And was pants as I recall.

Stuttgart88
03/10/2007, 3:24 PM
Kelly definitely played at centre half for the u-21s. And was pants as I recall.
Yep, utterly crap by all accounts, against Norn Iron U21s up in Lurgan I think.

TV highlights never give a proper assessment of whether a player had a good all round game, but Kelly made a goal saving tackle up at Anfield that was absolutely top class.

soccerc
03/10/2007, 3:29 PM
Yep, utterly crap by all accounts, against Norn Iron U21s up in Lurgan I think.

TV highlights never give a proper assessment of whether a player had a good all round game, but Kelly made a goal saving tackle up at Anfield that was absolutely top class.

Yep, it was in Lurgan and pants is a nice way of describing his performance. Granted he is not a centre half and Givens acknowledged that at the time.

carloz
03/10/2007, 3:51 PM
he makes me cringe with every interview now. He was a man i looked up to and respected so much for his services to the country and 102 caps. I now detest him and the way he wont do what ever Irish fan wants him to do, RESIGN.