PDA

View Full Version : Collins wants an end to errors

A face
27/04/2003, 10:48 PM
Collins wants an end to errors

St. Pat’s boss, Eamonn Collins, says that better times lie ahead for his team if they can cut out the individual errors which have seen them concede four penalties in as many games.

Pat’s gained their first win of the season at Derry’s expense on Friday night and Collins greeted the result with a huge sigh of relief. Following their poor start to the campaign, which included a defeat to Waterford United, the pressure was starting to mount on the Pat’s boss.

“It’s been a tough time,” admitted Collins. “After the Waterford defeat I told the lads that if we could cut out the individual errors, we wouldn’t be a bad side.”

It was therefore somewhat ironic that Pat’s fell behind to another penalty against Derry on Friday night but rather than fall apart, the Inchicore side stuck together.

“We didn’t panic after going behind. We’re committed to playing football here and I think that those coming to watch us will see a different style of play from this team compared to before.

“We like to move it early, we’ve got good technical players here and once we can match that with the work ethic we’re noted for then I think we’ll be alright.”

www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=5176)