PDA

View Full Version : That wasn't a tackle, Seamie......

avvenalaf
01/10/2007, 11:27 PM
.........that was an assault.

Boo_Boy
01/10/2007, 11:29 PM
was awful bad seeing it on ELW:eek:....deserved to go!

balls69
02/10/2007, 1:15 AM
any 1 got a link for it on you tube

cmak-88
02/10/2007, 12:57 PM
he was about to get a yellow card before the little fight started. i didnt think it was that bad. he won the ball aswell.

avvenalaf
02/10/2007, 1:46 PM
My neighbour's dog was keeping me awake barking so I went for him with a baseball bat. Unfortunately, my neighbour was standing between me and the dog. However, I did get the dog.

Red4Eva
02/10/2007, 2:48 PM
fair enough seamie deserved to go for being so reckless but why didn't conor powell get booked for kickin the ball at seamie and why didn't turner and ventre both get sent off far far worse challenges on each other right in front of rovers fans? why didn't we get a penalty when judgy got ddt'd in the box in 2nd half?

avvenalaf
02/10/2007, 3:25 PM
Because all referees hate us and we never get fair play especially when we are playing Bohs because the ref knows that we will be particularly upset if we don't beat Connor and they take great delight in doing us in.
Yours sincerely
Avvenalaf
Hon Secretary
Paranoia Society of Ireland (Sligo Branch)

PS.
Get over it.

DonalE
02/10/2007, 4:05 PM
fair enough seamie deserved to go for being so reckless but why didn't conor powell get booked for kickin the ball at seamie and why didn't turner and ventre both get sent off far far worse challenges on each other right in front of rovers fans? why didn't we get a penalty when judgy got ddt'd in the box in 2nd half?

Think he did get booked, and should have gotten a second yellow for a foul on Cretaro after that

Boo_Boy
02/10/2007, 5:33 PM
he was about to get a yellow card before the little fight started. i didnt think it was that bad. he won the ball aswell.

:confused:

after he left JP Kelly on the floor in agony.

cmak-88
02/10/2007, 8:46 PM

after he left JP Kelly on the floor in agony.

he was goin for the ball! :D

feo123
02/10/2007, 9:54 PM
he won the ball, it was their to be won and he won it! he got the ball first, then kelly a split second later connected with him. Ref was clearly going to his top pocket for a yellow card, then once bohs made a big deal of it he gave him a red, again referees who have probably never played a game of footy in their lives making the big decisions and getting them wrong because of the players reaction

Boo_Boy
02/10/2007, 10:29 PM
he won the ball, it was their to be won and he won it! he got the ball first, then kelly a split second later connected with him. Ref was clearly going to his top pocket for a yellow card, then once bohs made a big deal of it he gave him a red, again referees who have probably never played a game of footy in their lives making the big decisions and getting them wrong because of the players reaction

dont agree with you there,

yes,he won the ball....after he floored kelly,i have watched it a number of times and he clearly goes through the player.

dont think the ref gave a red because bohs players/fans had influence in the decision,but then again i dont know why he even went for a yellow card,it was clearly dangerous play and a red card offence.

feo123
02/10/2007, 10:31 PM
and such an idiot avvenalaf, 'it was assault' what planet are you on?

avvenalaf
02/10/2007, 10:39 PM
Feo, take your tablet, there'a a good boy.

feo123
02/10/2007, 10:44 PM
Feo, take your tablet, there'a a good boy.

I'll take 2 just for good measure ;)

no but seriuously, assault? it wasnt that bad, are you boh'ez in disguise?

DmanDmythDledge
02/10/2007, 10:49 PM
no but seriuously, assault? it wasnt that bad, are you boh'ez in disguise?
He had to go off injured. It was a terrible tackle. Also nice to see some Sligo player shout abuse in Kelly's face while he was on the ground- probably the same fella that played on and won a corner when Derek Doyle broke his leg.

feo123
02/10/2007, 10:54 PM
He had to go off injured.

can i ask you, was ventre's tackle on doyle a red card?

DmanDmythDledge
02/10/2007, 10:55 PM
Don't see the point of the question but no it wasn't.

Boo_Boy
02/10/2007, 10:56 PM

il answer that!:D

no!!

it was totally different,a freak accident!

feo123
02/10/2007, 10:57 PM
Don't see the point of the question but no it wasn't.

you said kelly went off injured, so it was a definate red card.

feo123
02/10/2007, 10:58 PM
il answer that!:D

no!!

it was totally different,a freak accident!

how? it was a strong challenge and he won the ball, same as coleman

DmanDmythDledge
02/10/2007, 11:00 PM
you said kelly went off injured, so it was a definate red card.

:confused: No I didn't. Read the post again. I was saying that in response to you saying that it wasn't that bad.

Boo_Boy
02/10/2007, 11:00 PM

it was totally different!

anyboddy will tell you that.

feo123
02/10/2007, 11:04 PM
:confused: No I didn't. Read the post again. I was saying that in response to you saying that it wasn't that bad.

yeah but ventres wasnt that bad either according to everyone when that happened, and the player came off alot worse. the 2 tackles were identical! it was a string challenge, the ball was there to be won IMO and he won it, before kelly got there.

whats done is done no point going on about it, he'll be a big loss when he's suspended

DmanDmythDledge
02/10/2007, 11:07 PM
yeah but ventres wasnt that bad either according to everyone when that happened, and the player came off alot worse. the 2 tackles were identical! it was a string challenge, the ball was there to be won IMO and he won it, before kelly got there.
I was right in front of that and the two challenges were completely different. Ventre's tackle wasn't anything near strong and he didn't even make contact with Doyle.

sligored
03/10/2007, 8:25 AM
faz was not aware doyle was injured in ucd game.
i bet you cant remember what he done with the corner.
the ucd players played on as well.
you have a very selective memory d-man.
not every oppopsing player would be visited in hospital by manager and players of sligo rovers fc.
the amount of get well soon wishes from fans was also unprecedented.

Guts&Glory
03/10/2007, 12:46 PM
From the TV pictures the ref was going to give a yellow until the Bohs players went ballistic.

Having said that IMO there was no need to put in such a heavy tackle in a game poised at nil-nil with rovers having the upperhand and from that position of the pitch nothing was going to happen on the Rovers Goal from where the tackle occured.