PDA

View Full Version : Rams support?

Kramer
01/10/2007, 3:41 PM
Im just curious to know why the attendance at the games isn't bigger?
And what is the average?

Rams-07
01/10/2007, 3:48 PM
Im just curious to know why the attendance at the games isn't bigger?
And what is the average?
We all are TBH.Would think the average attendance would be around 600.not sure how many paying customers in that..

Kramer
01/10/2007, 5:33 PM
We all are TBH.Would think the average attendance would be around 600.not sure how many paying customers in that..

Thats exactly it, as you say "paying customers"!!! The guys at the gate letting people in for free and ive seen it many times.

Rams-07
01/10/2007, 6:07 PM
thik they are called season ticket holders and sponsors!
Thought you havent been to a match this season so how could you see the guys at the gate lettin in people for free.
Also the guys on the gate dont take money,you have to but tickets across the road...:confused:

Kramer
01/10/2007, 6:19 PM
I haven't been down all season. When I used to go down, I would watch a match in the bar on the t.v while having a few brewskys and after that i used to get in no problem for free! I wouldn't even be asked for money!

Super-rams
02/10/2007, 8:54 AM
[QUOTE=Kramer;781141]I haven't been down all season. QUOTE]

You're asking as to why the attendance isn't better yet you haven't been down all season. The attendance would be bigger if you came down and maybe bring a buddy or two. Things are changing at the club for the better. Why don't you come down and watch a game and see for yourself.

outside in
02/10/2007, 2:45 PM
[quote=Kramer;781141]I haven't been down all season. QUOTE]

You're asking as to why the attendance isn't better yet you haven't been down all season. The attendance would be bigger if you came down and maybe bring a buddy or two. Things are changing at the club for the better. Why don't you come down and watch a game and see for yourself.
well said..

drinkfeckarse
02/10/2007, 3:48 PM
Thats exactly it, as you say "paying customers"!!! The guys at the gate letting people in for free and ive seen it many times.

I haven't been down all season. When I used to go down, I would watch a match in the bar on the t.v while having a few brewskys and after that i used to get in no problem for free! I wouldn't even be asked for money!

...and done it obviously. Hardly any point in slagging the old system when you yourself contributed to it.

Kramer
02/10/2007, 4:11 PM
I nearly always through a couple of bucks the rams way even when I wasn't asked.

depor
03/10/2007, 5:20 PM
the attendances arent huge but it has to be remembered that places like manchester, london and liverpool have populations many times that of our country. greater manchester would have nearly twice the population of this whole nation. cobh has a population of 10 to 15,000. cork city fc must have a catchment area population of at least 200 to 300,000 people. the league in general will find it hard to get massive crowds due to the ''armchair supporter'' culture :rolleyes:in this country, also rugby and that crowd, the gaa, are popular also. i watch a lot of football and rugby, a lot of it foreign, but i have to say that the buzz at ramblers and other EL teams such as city games cant be beaten.:)

6yardpunisha
03/10/2007, 7:44 PM
the attendances arent huge but it has to be remembered that places like manchester, london and liverpool have populations many times that of our country. greater manchester would have nearly twice the population of this whole nation. cobh has a population of 10 to 15,000. cork city fc must have a catchment area population of at least 200 to 300,000 people. the league in general will find it hard to get massive crowds due to the ''armchair supporter'' culture :rolleyes:in this country, also rugby and that crowd, the gaa, are popular also. i watch a lot of football and rugby, a lot of it foreign, but i have to say that the buzz at ramblers and other EL teams such as city games cant be beaten.:)

valid point but it would be great for the team and town if we had at least 1500 going to home games for the atmosphere and more importantly for the extra revenue that could be used to strengthen squad

depor
04/10/2007, 10:42 PM
valid point but it would be great for the team and town if we had at least 1500 going to home games for the atmosphere and more importantly for the extra revenue that could be used to strengthen squad

i agree, 1500 shouldnt be a problem to be honest, i know they'll get more than that if they go up. as u said, if more people come to games success will come quicker as we'll have more revenue. people in this country seem to want ready-made success, irish people want everything now, now, now. they dont see the reality of the situation. if it was up to people like them, theere would be no utd, celtic, liverpool, or juventus or any of the successful clubs because they just want to bandwagon when all the grafting is already done.:mad: