PDA

View Full Version : Parking at the cross.

shedite
26/04/2003, 3:25 PM
Anyone else geting ****ed off with getting a parking ticket at evey City game? I leave my car in different places every week but end up with a €19 fina about every third game at this stage. I've never got one at a rugby match at musgrave park and was just wondering if anyone else gets the same?

pete
26/04/2003, 3:59 PM
Never got a parking ticket around the cross.

Seen people get tickets for parking on corners which they deserve it.

Last tuesday walking past & had to laugh at the cheek of guy reversing into bus stop up towards the tory top. Didn't check on the way back after the match but that guaranteed ticket.

:rolleyes:

RedX
26/04/2003, 7:00 PM
I agree pete.I have been parking at the Cross for years and never got a ticket.Have to be careful about parking on corners and near exits.But still though its getting bad with the big crowds..

Real ale Madrid
26/04/2003, 9:04 PM
Saw guards giving tickets at about 7.40 the last day, if you don't park near an entrance or on a corner you won't get a ticket. I can see a time where you won't be able to park within 1/2 mile radius of the ground the locals seem to be getting upset at some of the parking

pete
28/04/2003, 9:17 AM
I think parking pretty good at the cross considering not much more scope for the crowds to increase.

Having to park 1/2 a mile away down past Musgrave Park isn't that much of a hassle anyway.

Shed End John
28/04/2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by shedite
Anyone else geting ****ed off with getting a parking ticket at evey City game? I leave my car in different places every week but end up with a €19 fina about every third game at this stage.

Just a suggestion, but, there's an industrial estate up by the Post Office on the South Douglas Road, just before the turn-off for Nemo Rangers pitch. It has enough space out front for about 6 cars to park. It's always locked up at night, so maybe a few of ye could use there. A buddy of mine parked there before the Cup semi last season without any hassle.

razor
28/04/2003, 11:20 AM
In all the years driving to the Cross never really had a problem with parking.
Always parked over the Derrynane Road side in front of the houses there.

Friday night football has helped as I leave the car at home and go for a few pints after the game.

Nice !!
:D