PDA

View Full Version : UCD V Waterford Utd - Fulltime Score

A face
26/04/2003, 12:15 AM
FT UC Dublin 1 - 2 Waterford U.

pineapple stu
27/04/2003, 3:03 PM
Best performance of the season by far - we p!issed all over them, but just couldn't get an equaliser. Apart from the two goals (of which nothing more will be said!:( ), Pat Jennings had very little to do - the defence was superb. We played some really good attacking football, and really looked like we were getting our confidence back in the second half.

Certainly, if Waterford can beat Drogheda and Pat's as convincingly as they appear to have done, we should have no problems this season if we keep playing the way we can.

And Robbie Martin - 1 goal from 1 game, nice to see him back!

UCD_4_Life
27/04/2003, 5:09 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Best performance of the season by far - we p!issed all over them, but just couldn't get an equaliser. Apart from the two goals (of which nothing more will be said!:( ), Pat Jennings had very little to do - the defence was superb. We played some really good attacking football, and really looked like we were getting our confidence back in the second half.

Certainly, if Waterford can beat Drogheda and Pat's as convincingly as they appear to have done, we should have no problems this season if we keep playing the way we can.

And Robbie Martin - 1 goal from 1 game, nice to see him back!

Well it's getting on a bit. A loss against Derry would be awful and would leave us playing catch up already. The only way we're recreating last season's run is if we add some real quality to the team in May/June. I find it strange that we can only add one player to the squad when we've sold four and only brought in two.

I'd also doubt that Baz Andrews and Griffin are making anywhere near what Doyler, Bazza, Clive and Richie were making. So surely there's room in the wage budget to add two players?

Schumi
28/04/2003, 3:00 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
we've sold four But we got no money for them 'cause they were out of contract.

pineapple stu
28/04/2003, 5:40 PM
But we're spending much less on wages this year was his point. Which would seem to imply that we could afford another freebie, pay him his wages and still be paying less money in wages than last year.

@ndy
29/04/2003, 10:22 AM
It's all speculation i suppose but obviously we could definitely do with a player. The impression i get is that the money is not there. I think the best we can hope for is a derek swan type arrangement if things keep going the way they are. Picking someone up short term who is proven in their ability but wont demand massive money. Where is Mick O Byrne these days?

pineapple stu
29/04/2003, 1:28 PM
Micko's gone to Dublin City.