SligoBrewer
28/09/2007, 8:32 PM
Sounds like game changed when Seamie got sent off , :(

what do ye think ?

ye.. sounds like it..

was never a sending off either!;)

DocRovers
28/09/2007, 10:01 PM
Great display. Looked good till a very harsh sending off. That ref is very poor, cannot decide if he is plain hopeless or biased but certainly gave us very little. Definite foul on Raf before their goal. Good heart from all the lads - Faz brilliant all night, unlucky to hit bar in first half. Could Judge do more? Burnsie was brutal - has gone back a long way.

Shedzer
28/09/2007, 10:11 PM
Could Judge do more? .
without seeing the game my guess is yes. Has being very lazy of late

SligoBrewer
28/09/2007, 10:25 PM
Burnsie was brutal - has gone back a long way.

i'd say he'll be gone end of season..

would we have him back?

DocRovers
28/09/2007, 10:29 PM
No Burnsie would not be an addition to the team. Thought we more than held our own & played with real passion. Boyd was very tidy & linked well with Faz & Raf. Unfortunately Chrissie Turner was good & Mansaram held the ball up well. Dont know if Jaime is really up to it.

Rovers fan
29/09/2007, 12:31 AM
ya thought faz was great tonight,very unlucky not to grab a goal or two. we played well until the sending off.

clubman
29/09/2007, 7:29 AM
Absolutely gutted this morning!!
The lads were brilliant to a man. Outstanding.
Referee got it very wrong for the sending off. He was going for yellow and the home fans called for red and he duly obliged. No way to officiate a game - a total disgrace. Changed the game on it's head. Bohs would never had scored had they being there all night. I am shocked at the state Burnsie has let himself drift into. For gods sake the man's a professional footballer and he can't run :o
Once again the Rovers supporters were outstanding, I said it before and I'll say it again, these are the best group of supporters in the history of the club. Even when three nil down they still outsang the Bohs supporters. Simply Brilliant.
This morning I feel very sorry for our players, management team and super supporters. They are heros one and all, last night for 70 minutes we outplayed the home team, our supporters outsang the home supporters and in one moment of madness the man in the middle proved himself as yellow as the shirt he wore.

DocRovers
29/09/2007, 8:20 AM
I agree, but not the first time that ref has done that to us. The same against Shels last year when Burnsie was sent off. There is too much at stake financially nowadays to let this guy continue. What did you think of Darren's dive in the first half? No yellow card there. Supporters were brilliant - think Sean Connor might sign us for next season? He would if he could!

Only1Rovers
29/09/2007, 8:25 AM
without seeing the game my guess is yes. Has being very lazy of late

Thats is an unfounded comment!

Criticizing a player on a game you didn't even seen is low.

Matty put in a great effort last night. The fella probably needs a break, along with other members of the squad.

He chased and harried as many of the Bohs defense as he could. He didn't get as much ball to feet as he prob would have liked but, he couldn't be singled out for lack of effort.

Only1Rovers
29/09/2007, 8:28 AM
I What did you think of Darren's dive in the first half? No yellow card there.

It was quite the inflated dive, he was air born, Ref didn't even consider a yellow, joke.

oldrover
29/09/2007, 8:47 AM
Excellent support, great effort from the team who looked better than the "Boh-es" til that crazy decision by the ref.Dalymount will be a loss to the League but then the Judas manager and co are only driven by money.We need to keep behind the "bitored"...great to see the lads applauded off the pitch at the end...

redrov2005
29/09/2007, 9:58 AM
Great performance. The sending off totally changed the game. Ref was swayed by the the reaction of the Bohs players and the crowd but when you dive in like Seamie did its always going to be a tight decision.

A bit like the Mikel sending for Chelsea last Sunday after which most people say it should have been yellow.

Well in it up until that. A slight tendency to overplay the ball in and around the box. I just feel that there were times when a shot was on and players took a touch too many.

Rovers supporters and in particular the vocal brigade take a bow. Ye were magnificent.

Jeebus
29/09/2007, 10:16 AM
Look at this disillusioned fella over on thebohs.com :

"Still that'll shut up those Sligo geebags. I can't imagine how much we would have beaten them by if we actually played well."

What game was he watching up until the sending off??? I'd say its rare enough that they actually "play well", hoofball all the way!!

Rovers till we die!!!

BohsPartisan
29/09/2007, 10:26 AM
Look at this disillusioned fella over on thebohs.com :

"Still that'll shut up those Sligo geebags. I can't imagine how much we would have beaten them by if we actually played well."

What game was he watching up until the sending off??? I'd say its rare enough that they actually "play well", hoofball all the way!!

Rovers till we die!!!

Glad you noticed, though if I was you I'd look up disillusioned in the dictionary.
As for how we play, we play passing football against the good sides and hoofball against the minnows for some reason I have yet to fathom.
As for your collective reading of the sending off...
What planet are you on. Seriously. He pole axed joxer who now looks like he has a serious injury. It was a very dangerous over the top challenge. It made a Dessie byrne challenge look like a hug.
RT good numbers you had last nigh though all I could hear from our end was the drum.

Shiba
29/09/2007, 12:00 PM
[QUOTE=BohsPartisan;
As for how we play, we play passing football against the good sides and hoofball against the minnows for some reason I have yet to fathom.
[/QUOTE]

Two Words, Sean Connors oh by the way ye will never be a big club while "HE'S" there.Oh ya ye will also be fiancially ruin!Spent big this year and still in with the minnows.

gustavo
29/09/2007, 12:35 PM
Glad you noticed, though if I was you I'd look up disillusioned in the dictionary.
What planet are you on. Seriously. He pole axed joxer who now looks like he has a serious injury. It was a very dangerous over the top challenge. It made a Dessie byrne challenge look like a hug.
RT good numbers you had last nigh though all I could hear from our end was the drum.

It must be quite an embarrassment to your club given the budget at your disposal that you are slumming it with us minnows in the league table , Realistically you should be at least 15 points ahead of us at this stage

harry crumb
29/09/2007, 12:45 PM

Don't kid yourself.

clubman
29/09/2007, 1:05 PM
You poor silly little man obviously the smog in the capital is interferring with your hearing, you should go and get the wax drained from your ears. One thing is for sure though your hearing is in no danger from damage from the noise you lot were making last night. Good job the diggers are moving in on that fine old stadium as the atmosphere you lot generate only deserves to be buried it's so dead.

Knappagh Red
29/09/2007, 1:06 PM
Great performance by the lads, thought Ventre got some great tackles in but his passing was poor, Raf had a terrible game stupidly gave away possesion at the edge of the box that led to their first goal. Foy has recaptured his old form some excellant passes and thought Cook had the tactics spot on until the sending off turned things. I was dismayed when I saw it was Handcock refereeing he loves dishing out cards and spoiling games. He is an embaressment to the league

biscuit
29/09/2007, 4:08 PM
we cant be too downbeat about it. still a great chance of moving up the table with remaining games, seamie will be a loss though in the run in, but we can stick danny in there,and with the boys back in the middle we should be ok.

on another note, not a fan of rte,usually ****e but a good report on the website all the same. Seems to be a fair reflection on how the game panned out from reading our fans reports. Only cause we were playin in dublan tho!! :rolleyes: http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2007/0928/sligo.html

Red&White Rover
29/09/2007, 5:18 PM
Really really unlucky is hte only way to describe it.

We were in the game so much and that sending off changed it completely.

Absolutely gutted, but that's the nature of football.

Bring on Drogs and fair play to all who were there yesteerday. 90 mins non-stop support.

BohsPartisan
29/09/2007, 6:51 PM
You poor silly little man obviously the smog in the capital is interferring with your hearing, you should go and get the wax drained from your ears. One thing is for sure though your hearing is in no danger from damage from the noise you lot were making last night. Good job the diggers are moving in on that fine old stadium as the atmosphere you lot generate only deserves to be buried it's so dead.

Very bitter. Obviously can't take defeat very well.

BP You never answered my question ! :(

I want to see the tackle on TV again, it is a contact sport don't forget !

There is contact and there are lunging late tackles and that was one of the latter. It happened pretty close to my vantage point.

Rovers fan
29/09/2007, 7:02 PM

i actually doubt they could here us. when they sang(once or twice) i could barely hear them and they had about the same amount of people singing. When we sang songs like "shall we sing a song for you" they didnt look over or react in any way.Its kind of like terryland park you cant relly hear other fans singing when they are in the other side of the stand

clubman
29/09/2007, 9:05 PM
Very bitter. Obviously can't take defeat very well.

Defeat is just the end result, which has to be accepted. The game consists of a full 90 minutes. A game is won or lost, won in your case, by poor or inept referee. For 70 minutes last night your lot were both out played and outsang. Unfortunately you have a real problem accepting this, but hi that's your problem. With the aid of the one in yellow the game turned in your favour. Your pathetic attempt to celebrate and give vocal support to your team was drowned out with a chorus of 'you only sing when you're winning'. The Bohs I have known for neigh 40 years have become a club motivated with riches and the drive for success is fuelled by greed. Selling the home of Irish football is unforgiveable and will come back to haunt ye. Now you sit in the long grass waiting to ambush Sean Connor, the time bomb is ticking and your whole greedy little world will become more and more suspect. As you look out through the haze you find it hard to recognise real football supporters that are driven by nothing but passion for their club. I realise it's something you'll never comprehend so I'll let you have you're pathetic moan. Ye are the Bohs, no one likes ye and that's for sure!

avvenalaf
29/09/2007, 9:11 PM
Good man, Clubman. The neutral view is always welcome.

biscuit
29/09/2007, 9:15 PM
hes not neutral...but what a feckin post...well done clubman, summed up how a lot of us feel!!!

BohsPartisan
29/09/2007, 10:53 PM
Defeat is just the end result, which has to be accepted. The game consists of a full 90 minutes. A game is won or lost, won in your case, by poor or inept referee. For 70 minutes last night your lot were both out played and outsang. Unfortunately you have a real problem accepting this, but hi that's your problem. With the aid of the one in yellow the game turned in your favour. Your pathetic attempt to celebrate and give vocal support to your team was drowned out with a chorus of 'you only sing when you're winning'. The Bohs I have known for neigh 40 years have become a club motivated with riches and the drive for success is fuelled by greed. Selling the home of Irish football is unforgiveable and will come back to haunt ye. Now you sit in the long grass waiting to ambush Sean Connor, the time bomb is ticking and your whole greedy little world will become more and more suspect. As you look out through the haze you find it hard to recognise real football supporters that are driven by nothing but passion for their club. I realise it's something you'll never comprehend so I'll let you have you're pathetic moan. Ye are the Bohs, no one likes ye and that's for sure!

That is a laughable post on many levels. The club being motivated by greed is a ludicrous statement about a club that is owned and run by the fans on a non profit basis. Unless you count ambition to win trophies as greed - if that is the case you shouldn't be involved in sport. The whinging about the refereeing is also a joke. You will see in the highlights as we who were near the incident that the tackle on Joxer was horrendous. As for being "drowned out" by "You only sing when you're winning", I am being honest when I say I didn't even notice you singing it. As I said before all I could hear was your drum. Rovers fan hit the nail on the head when he mentioned the acoustics. It is rare we can hear much of what the opposition fans are singing from our end.
As for the atmosphere at home this year, I agree its a poor comparison with the noise we used to generate and some of us are looking into improving that. Away has been quite good but recent events with the schoolies taking over block G (they were strangely absent last night) and the cops doing their utmost to harass ordinary fans who are doing nothing but trying to generate atmosphere (the cops were also conspicuous by their absence last night) seems to have driven a lot of people away from the singing section.
There is no doubt about it that you had the better of the play for the majority of the game (as we did against "shams" recently) but at the end of the day the result is what puts points on the board.
Now stop crying and get on with the rest of your season.

red bellied
29/09/2007, 11:15 PM
Bohs have a **** support was at the '83 cup final and doubt they had 2000 supporters in a crowd of 10,000. Where to they actually generate the support? They are a ****ing joke

avvenalaf
29/09/2007, 11:20 PM
Ah, lads, will ye leave the Bohs boys alone. haven't they enough to worry about - they have Connor.

Red&White Rover
29/09/2007, 11:37 PM
they have Connor.

But he's the greatest manger in the eircom league and probably all time.

He told me so himself.

BohsPartisan
30/09/2007, 12:28 AM
Bohs have a **** support was at the '83 cup final and doubt they had 2000 supporters in a crowd of 10,000. Where to they actually generate the support? They are a ****ing joke

Seeing as how I was seven at the time I can't comment. All I know is that in my time we've generated some great noise and atmosphere. As avvenalaf says, we've enough to worry about; a cup final and a cup semi in the next month. If thats worry I'll take it! :p

bohs til i die
30/09/2007, 10:32 AM
Great performance. The sending off totally changed the game. Ref was swayed by the the reaction of the Bohs players and the crowd but when you dive in like Seamie did its always going to be a tight decision.

A bit like the Mikel sending for Chelsea last Sunday after which most people say it should have been yellow.

Absolute bull****. Te red card was totally merited, it was a shocking tackle and the ref shouldnt have even hesitated with the red card. I was sitting right in front of were the tackle was made.

If it was Bohs player making that tackle on a Sligo player you'd be adamant it was a red card so dont fool yourself

DonalE
30/09/2007, 2:08 PM
Thought Seamie deserved to go, it was a bad tackle. The ref was terrible though

DocRovers
30/09/2007, 2:13 PM
Look lads, Bohs won a game that was close up to the sending off. TV will show whether it was warranted or not. I do feel the reaction of the Bohs players influenced a very poor ref. Many other officials might have red carded a Bohs player for the reaction but that's life. I think our reaction as Sligo fans is tempered by the fact that this Ref has traeated us poorly in the past. Leaving aside the sending off - it was a clear foul on Raf immediately before the Bohs free & first goal. Plus other 50:50 calls did'nt go our way. But hey that's the game.

I thought the pitch looked great & it was a good game for 70 minutes. It pains me but you guys scored three great goals. But the Sligo fans were great & added to the nite, I doubt many teams bring that number & atmosphere plus give their team that reception after a 3-0 beating. Your stewards were top notch & think understood that we felt hard done by. Lets all congradulate one another as League of Ireland supporters. Great to see the esteem with which all Rovers players held Chrissie Turner - great touch when Faz hauled him up off the ground. But Mansaram let himself down with his antics. Best of luck for rest of season but I will miss Dallymount when she is gone - it is a great place to watch football & we have won some good games there down the years.

Rory H
30/09/2007, 2:42 PM
We have some sort of paranoia about refs.....we over react when decisions usually are right. saying that i didnt think it was a red:p

Our fans were good but nothing special. Also its no good asking why bohs fans dont sing at home??? You dont hear much from us at home.

Only1Rovers
30/09/2007, 4:50 PM
We have some sort of paranoia about refs.....we over react when decisions usually are right. saying that i didnt think it was a red:p

Our fans were good but nothing special. Also its no good asking why bohs fans dont sing at home??? You dont hear much from us at home.

The lads in the Jink's Ave stand make more noise for longer than the entire Bohs support in Dailyer.

Ballagh Red
30/09/2007, 5:52 PM
The acoustics don't work when both sets of supporters are so far apart in the one stand. The same thing happens in Belfield. :D Proud to be a Rovers supporter the other night. Well done to the lads who got the second drum and the megaphone. Think Europe could be out the window for this season, unfortunately.

Ceirtlis
30/09/2007, 6:02 PM
I went along to this game myself on friday night. Coleman deserved to go, went in dangerously with studs up and jp kelly had to go off injured as a result. Ye were the better team in the first 60 minutes but to be honest it was one of the worst hours of football ive seen in a while. Noisy fans as well fair play to ye, Bohs werent heard all game.

Redzer
01/10/2007, 9:54 AM
I thought Seamie had to go. To me it looked a terrible tackle and no need for it. There was no danger so far out the pitch.
I thought the reason we went downhill after that, was the decision to take of Cash. He was outstanding. Cant understand that decision.
Anyone agree with me that Gary Curran is not up to it. He seams to have no interest.

red_away
01/10/2007, 11:41 AM
In fairness i think seamie would have counted himself lucky to stayed on the park, agree with redzer even if he got the ball(and i think he did) there still was 2 feet and studs up.

I think either curran is not able for the middle of the park this could be because he doesnt get any match practice or lack of ability i think he may not just be good enuff but we all know that we have no bench to speak of. I thought raf was poor but i dont understand how gordon didnt get on ahead of cash - he has being given a run of games and i have not seen any improvement. Cant fault anybodies effort or committment - first class.

The linesman when he was at our end twice give offside against bohs and one of them was absolutely ridiculous he was miles onside.

As for playing the minnows, BohsPartisan, we may be punching above our weight as your mob are definitely not near that level. As for all your money....when you move to your new stadium and the rest of your support disappears then you will see the error of your ways - in sligo, the rovers are part of the fabric of the town the same way bohs are at phibsboro but you are selling your souls to become the next shams or shels.....we are from the showgrounds and will always be from the showgrounds and you can tell your grandkids when you are in your new empty stadium and the noise you used to make when you had fans in dalyer but i have being going there since 1979 and have never seen you with big support and i include the 1983 cup final in your home ground where your support was an embarrassment, a total embarassment...enjoy the money while it lasts!

BohsPartisan
01/10/2007, 8:24 PM
As for all your money....when you move to your new stadium and the rest of your support disappears then you will see the error of your ways - in sligo, the rovers are part of the fabric of the town the same way bohs are at phibsboro but you are selling your souls to become the next shams or shels.....we are from the showgrounds and will always be from the showgrounds and you can tell your grandkids when you are in your new empty stadium and the noise you used to make when you had fans in dalyer but i have being going there since 1979 and have never seen you with big support and i include the 1983 cup final in your home ground where your support was an embarrassment, a total embarassment...enjoy the money while it lasts!

Blah blah blah. Broken record, the sound of sour grapes being crushed by dirty feet.
I've seen plenty of big crowds, and not that long ago and I'll tell you (maybe you didn't see them when you were languishing in the first division) something else, you will be from wherever your owners tell you to be from because unlike us, you don't have a say where you play. We chose to move. We, the fans, by a massive majority. These fans that are supposedly going to disappear, no objections! Where we are moving to is only a few miles from where we are now. I've said it millions of times.
Some of you lot beat the langers hands down for whinging, moaning and shoulder chips.

clubman
01/10/2007, 10:52 PM
Blah blah blah. Broken record, the sound of sour grapes being crushed by dirty feet.
I've seen plenty of big crowds, and not that long ago and I'll tell you (maybe you didn't see them when you were languishing in the first division) something else, you will be from wherever your owners tell you to be from because unlike us, you don't have a say where you play. We chose to move. We, the fans, by a massive majority. These fans that are supposedly going to disappear, no objections! Where we are moving to is only a few miles from where we are now. I've said it millions of times.
Some of you lot beat the langers hands down for whinging, moaning and shoulder chips.
You just keeping telling yourself that and it will eventually sink in, only now it's just making the sound of the rattle of an empty vessel and we all know empty vessels make the loudest noise. I'd say you'd know more about the smell of dirty grapes from your time in Moore Street. It's all very well coming on to this forum spouting crap but try first to get the facts right before making silly comments. I realise it's hard for someone like yourself to try and come to terms with having to adopt a new identity but through time and counciling you'll come to accept it. So move the 'few miles' and leave us real football supporters to get on with what we do best - being loyal to the supporters that went before us. We'll not sell up for five pieces of silver and become the Judases which ye have become.

SkStu
02/10/2007, 5:05 AM
You just keeping telling yourself that and it will eventually sink in, only now it's just making the sound of the rattle of an empty vessel and we all know empty vessels make the loudest noise. I'd say you'd know more about the smell of dirty grapes from your time in Moore Street. It's all very well coming on to this forum spouting crap but try first to get the facts right before making silly comments. I realise it's hard for someone like yourself to try and come to terms with having to adopt a new identity but through time and counciling you'll come to accept it. So move the 'few miles' and leave us real football supporters to get on with what we do best - being loyal to the supporters that went before us. We'll not sell up for five pieces of silver and become the Judases which ye have become.

oh please. Get off your moral highhorse and stop preaching. So what you are saying is that you and your sligo friends would not relocate from The Showgrounds to, say, the Markievicz Park area for a brand new all seater stadium and 40million euro for your beloved club? If so, then that smacks of minnowism and you will always be also rans. I also think that if such a deal was offered your club would take it. Though im sure, clubman, you would be out protesting in the name of the "supporters that went before you"... sure you would.

The issue myself and other Bohs fans have is the fact that your lot are STILL not over the fact that Connor left you for us. The fact is that every thread on Bohs or Connor is hijacked by you and other Sligo Rovers fans and quickly descends into petty jibes, namecalling and insults. Its getting pretty tiring and you really need to quit the sly digs about Bohemians fans and the decision to sell Dalymount. No matter what your intentions and no matter how much you deny it, it just comes across as bitter and childish.

red_away
02/10/2007, 6:56 AM
good luck with you new stadium and enjoy connor's - if you think we are bitter about him leaving you are hugely mistaken!!!!

it was the manner in which he left that caused the issue - the man has no class or ability and you will find this out to your cost!

if being a minnow means i can keep playing in the showgrounds and maintain my self respect then a minnow i am!!!!

Dalymountrower
02/10/2007, 2:00 PM
Originally Posted by red bellied

Well if you were at that game you might remember that there were less than 8.500 at the game in the lashings of rain. Bohs had the shed and half the stand, i`d estimate 3-3,500.(we`d been beaten by Limerick in the final the previous year ) About half of what we had when we played Cork in the `92 final .
Bohs have the biggest support in Dublin, even when languishing mid table, fact. Our away games against other Dublin clubs and Drogs/ Bray give them their biggest home gates of the season.
You can take it that that we also have our twenty or thirty young lads tanked up and making noise at away games. They also can be heard abusing opposition players who are being helped off with serious injuries , unlike you,we find that behaviour embarassing.:(

NY Hoop
02/10/2007, 2:13 PM
Bohs have the biggest support in Dublin, even when languishing mid table, fact. Our away games against other Dublin clubs and Drogs/ Bray give them their biggest home gates of the season.
You can take it that that we also have our twenty or thirty young lads tanked up and making noise at away games. They also can be heard abusing opposition players who are being helped off with serious injuries , unlike you,we find that behaviour embarassing.:(

Very entertaining thread between 2 minnows. But this post is the funniest!!! They couldnt even fill the main stand when they lost to their bigger rivals a few weeks back.

By all means carry on!!!

KOH

Red4Eva
02/10/2007, 2:19 PM
Originally Posted by red bellied

Well if you were at that game you might remember that there were less than 8.500 at the game in the lashings of rain. Bohs had the shed and half the stand, i`d estimate 3-3,500.(we`d been beaten by Limerick in the final the previous year ) About half of what we had when we played Cork in the `92 final .

we don't condone booing injured players, just ask ucd about reception derek doyle got. any1 who booed did so because there looked to be little or no contact from the angle we had. best support in dublin?? where were they when ye were in midtable last season when we beat ye 2-0? also crowds on some tv games this year were pathetic this season(600 or under v w'ford) and don't give me any bull**** about monday nights etc. fair enough that would have a certain effect but it couldn't be any more than 30%

red bellied
02/10/2007, 2:21 PM
I was in the paddock in the main stand in Dalymount and I doubt there was more than a few hundred in there and they were mainly in the seats. There was a few hundred in the Shed who spent most of the first half charging the Rovers section until the Guards hammered them at half time and put most of them out in the open section. Most of the Bohs as far as I can see were down behind the other goal.

Posted by Dalymountrower
You can take it that that we also have our twenty or thirty young lads tanked up and making noise at away games. They also can be heard abusing opposition players who are being helped off with serious injuries , unlike you,we find that behaviour embarassing.

Never encouraged any such behaviour. Anyway this goes on all the time in football at the heat of the moment.

Dalymountrower
02/10/2007, 5:06 PM
Very entertaining thread between 2 minnows. But this post is the funniest!!! They couldnt even fill the main stand when they lost to their bigger rivals a few weeks back.

By all means carry on!!!

KOH

Well NY when you reach the glittering heights of Shels average crowd last season ,let us know?:p. Who was your biggest "gate" this season against by the way?