PDA

View Full Version : Ireland v Norway

pete
25/04/2003, 5:58 PM
Anyone foot.ie people going tot hat next wednesday?

spurs
29/04/2003, 1:22 PM
No question about it. Latest news from the norwegian squad is that all the keepers where injured in yesterdays training, but still we will win....

But Carew and Flo on top....can anyone beat that??

Do anyone know if Robbie keane and s carr will be playing tomorrow???

From a spurs supporter in Norway

Macy
29/04/2003, 1:27 PM
Originally posted by pete
Anyone foot.ie people going tot hat next wednesday?
Aye, I'll be there - South Terrace for the match, Searsons or the 51 pre/ post match...

bitored
29/04/2003, 1:36 PM
Latest news from the norwegian squad is that all the keepers where injured in yesterdays training
Maybe you should try putting Flo in nets - he might be better off there

Do anyone know if Robbie keane and s carr will be playing tomorrow???
Don't see why not - it's not like Spurs are pushing for a European place or anything;) . Apparently Carr's nursing a back injury though

The Sheliban
30/04/2003, 7:52 AM
Yes, I'll be there, my second match since 1988, after which it got too difficult to get a ticket.
I predict a dull, uninspiring 0-0 draw.

techs
30/04/2003, 9:55 AM
3-1 to ireland, crowe to score the 3rd after comin off the bench

Schumi
30/04/2003, 1:33 PM
Yeah, I'm going. I reckon a 1-0 win for Ireland.

Greenbod
30/04/2003, 2:33 PM
I'll be there. 2-0 Ireland

pete
30/04/2003, 4:01 PM
Me be in the east upper (no standing for me :D ).

Might pop in for quick one in Searsons depending when leave work.

If ye see anyone starting afight it'll be me giving anyone who booes Flo (ex-Glawsgow Rangers) a slap.

;)

James
30/04/2003, 6:17 PM
Starting 11

Brian Kerr has named the starting XI for tonight's clash with Norway at Lansdowne Road (Kick off 7:30).

Team:
1 Given, 2 Carr, 3 Harte, 4 Breen, 5 Dunne, 6 Holland, 7 Duff, 8 Kinsella, 9 Connolly, 10 Keane, 11 Kilbane.

Subs: 12 Carsley, 13 Finnan, 14 McPhail, 15 Quinn, 16 Colgan, 17 Healy, 18 Lee, 19 Crowe, 22 Murphy.

any odds on crowe to come on in the second half and score the winner :)

Niamh_GalwayGal
30/04/2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
Yeah, I'm going. I reckon a 1-0 win for Ireland.
hey its mystic meg
it all fell apart a bit with all the changes. ah well. duffer lookied good in that role but our defence and midfield isn't strong enough for us to try 4-3-3 in competitive games. I personally though Kilbane and Breeny played well, it's annoying all the sarcastic laughs that would go up every time they got the ball. And Richie Dunne too. Feckin Irish cynisism. Who would they like playing left wing, Ljunberg or Giggsy??!

Real ale Madrid
30/04/2003, 11:42 PM
Kilbane was red raw useless.

pete
01/05/2003, 11:40 AM
My first time in any stand at Lansdowne. Me felt like a St James Ender @ Turners Cross ;)

Norway were boring & only time they got enthuasitic was for the long throwins :rolleyes:

I thought a good idea for Keer to try Duff in a free role. Most likely a trial run for the two games in June against packed Georgian & Albanian defences.

I thought Carr was classy eventhough pretty much no irish midfielder playing on the right. Kilbane is a trier put still not very good last night taking wrong options at times - still he got back well to defend when he needed to.

I'm no fan of Connolly & thought he almost anonymous. Presumably Kerr kept him on so long so he would have his chance. On last nights display he will surely only continue to get in the squad as Keer sees no viable alternative.

Bit disappointed that Crowe not given at least 10 minutes as opposed to his token 2 minute slot. Its clear to see Kerr not just going to play people in friendlies unless he likely to use them in competitive match sometime.

Disappointed to hear the muppets boo Flo when he came on for the 2nd half but genuinely surprised with the big cheer for Crowe when he came on.