PDA

View Full Version : enough for the prem...

4th-div-are-we
27/09/2007, 7:54 PM
ramblers have done extremely well this year beating great teams throughout but will they have what it takes for the likes of drogheda,shamrock rovers and cork city...well maybe not cork city!!!...but if we get up will we stay up....?:confused:

Mr A
27/09/2007, 8:25 PM
Time enough to worry about that, gotta get there first.

rambler14
27/09/2007, 8:55 PM
ramblers have done extremely well this year beating great teams throughout but will they have what it takes for the likes of drogheda,shamrock rovers and cork city...well maybe not cork city!!!...but if we get up will we stay up....?:confused:

GET OFF THIS FORUM NOW!
Ramblers are a way better team than Cork City and have been for the past 2-3 years, which is proven in the fact that rams record vs city is so good. We also play better football than them and we are more creative than those negative fools.
In response to your question it'll be tough to stay up but i think we can do it.............just.

4th-div-are-we
27/09/2007, 9:00 PM
thats why i said.MAYBE NOT CORK CITY..!!!!

rambler14
27/09/2007, 9:03 PM
Ahh, i think what u were trying to say is that cork city arn't a great team. my bad.

Sam_Heggy
27/09/2007, 9:11 PM
Next season will be a real test for any team promoted imo. With 3 teams to be relegated and just one promoted the chances are high, but ye have to get there first b4 worryin about such things :cool:

adamcarr
27/09/2007, 9:23 PM
GET OFF THIS FORUM NOW!
Ramblers are a way better team than Cork City and have been for the past 2-3 years, which is proven in the fact that rams record vs city is so good. We also play better football than them and we are more creative than those negative fools.
In response to your question it'll be tough to stay up but i think we can do it.............just.

:D:D:D

Thats brilliant. We may not be great but we are much better than your shower. Rams recored vs City, name one meaningful game that we have played against ye in the last 5 years?

drinkfeckarse
28/09/2007, 7:29 AM
Ramblers are a way better team than Cork City and have been for the past 2-3 years,

Stop being stupid man! Ramblers do not have the quality that City have, a blind man can see that. We can match them on our day but that is a completely different thing.

You answered your own question by saying "it'll be tough to stay up". Do you think City find it tough to stay up?

thegafferman
28/09/2007, 8:34 AM
well said ....if we are to stay up if we need about six players ,and we can match city on the day but not long term which is requierd for survival in the premiership

Rams-07
28/09/2007, 9:06 AM
Ya must agree with you there Gafferman..tougher league altogether in the premier...we would definitly need some quality players..but lets cross that bridge when we come to it..
Tonight is probably one of the most important games in the clubs history..
if we win tonight its in our own hands..
After listening to Hendo at the AGM and finding out that the wages had been cut to nearly nothing I must confess I didnt have much hope for the season...I certainly didnt think we would be league leaders at this stage..
So whatever happens tonight the players and management team can be poud of what they have done...Its been a great season and I must say i`m proud to be a rambers supporter today...

4th-div-are-we
28/09/2007, 11:54 AM
i think if we get up we will just scrape staying up next year...ramblers have quality players on their team but maybe some areas need strenghtening...?.

jebus
28/09/2007, 12:08 PM
Don't want to be a doomsday merchant, but staying in the Prem next year is gonna be one tough task, what with three teams getting relegated and all. Still if your manager can bring in a few Prem quality players and keep the team spirit going ye'd be in with as good a chance as any

chimpster
28/09/2007, 12:45 PM
If we can see this thing through and get promotion, we won't struggle to find the players we need to stay up. The fringe first-teamers at City will try and jump ship to Cobh before you can say 'Rico looks like a p*rnstar', so we could expect the likes of Darren Murphy, Colin O'Brien and Mark McNulty knocking on the gates of St. Colman's soon enough. If Waterford go down, we would also have the pick of their squad (Dave Warren, Vinny Sullivan, Cathal Lordan?) as well as any Limerick players who may be good enough (not too sure about that one!). Don't think we'll be short of options somehow.

ramblersnb1
28/09/2007, 12:49 PM
ya xaclty as long as ray lally stays away well b fine

Sam_Heggy
28/09/2007, 12:52 PM
dont want to burst your bubble chimpster, but do ye have the funds to bring in this whole new squad of prem quality players?
300 at yer last game doesnt suggest a club that could sustain big wages, thats on the back of 26/27 games unbeaten, imagine what the crowds would be like if ye were struggling (and any team that goes up WILL struggle)
Next season will prove to be the most difficult season for newly promoted clubs, any club going up will have to take a BIG chance and spend big hoping to have good crowds all season (very tough ask)

Rams-07
28/09/2007, 1:39 PM
Good point Sam Heggy...Lets get over the first hurdle tonight and see what happens from there.
As for some of the players mentioned above,they wouldnt get a game with springfield B team (no disrespect there lads)

depor
28/09/2007, 5:14 PM
:D:D:D

Thats brilliant. We may not be great but we are much better than your shower. Rams recored vs City, name one meaningful game that we have played against ye in the last 5 years?

maybe ramblers 14 was a bit harsh by saying city are ****, but he has a point. as regards your comment, it is typical of some city supporters. and b4 you accuse me of being loyal to rams (which i am) and anti city, i have gone to a lot of city games over the years which a lot of 'loyal city' supporters havnt been, how many of ye were in bishopstown when city nearly went under, when i was at some of them games there was less than 80 at um.

and as regards 'meaningful games', they are meaningful when ye win um, for example last year in the cross, city were all up for it b4 the game, and ramblers played them off the park, after the game richardson comes out and says theres no future in the league cup and the fans said they didnt have a full side on, in fact it was one of the few times that season they had a full side, o callaghan was playing, o flynn was playing, joe gamble, the only change to the 1st team was mcnulty for devine. city are the 'shower' in this county.
''we need 40 million to bring it to the next level'', what a shower of money grabbers, why dont these buisness men invest their own money?? why dont city get their own ground??

depor
28/09/2007, 5:20 PM
dont want to burst your bubble chimpster, but do ye have the funds to bring in this whole new squad of prem quality players?
300 at yer last game doesnt suggest a club that could sustain big wages, thats on the back of 26/27 games unbeaten, imagine what the crowds would be like if ye were struggling (and any team that goes up WILL struggle)
Next season will prove to be the most difficult season for newly promoted clubs, any club going up will have to take a BIG chance and spend big hoping to have good crowds all season (very tough ask)

i agree it will be tough but 300 at the last game is absolute bull, there was way more than that. and i know that if rams go up the crowds will be big. people want to see prem football teams coming down to play.

The Good Son
28/09/2007, 5:46 PM
i have gone to a lot of city games over the years which a lot of 'loyal city' supporters havnt been, how many of ye were in bishopstown when city nearly went under, when i was at some of them games there was less than 80 at um.

Crowds were bad at Parc De Plonk at times, but if you think that there were games in the league, FAI Cup or even league cup with less than 80 'at um', then Queenstown must have a very different counting system than the rest of the world.

Rams-07
28/09/2007, 7:16 PM
Rams just missed a peno lads...Carey!

rambler14
28/09/2007, 7:21 PM
Which means Davin isn't playing!

But what a time Carey decides to start taking penalties again. He hasn't taken one since he missed vs Dundalk and has dodged everyone since then. Why wait till our biggest game of the season? Obviously he had a confidence problem so why take it?

marty
28/09/2007, 7:29 PM
Carey is a liability and has been most of the season,he never does the simple thing,at least we are in der half early on so thats a positive!

4th-div-are-we
28/09/2007, 7:32 PM
its a positive thing thing that we're going for it from the start but i think it will get to carey missing that penno at such a crucial time and i'd expect davin 2 come on for him earlier rather than later as davin is still on the bench....

marty
28/09/2007, 8:16 PM
Still 0-0 at de mo.

4th-div-are-we
28/09/2007, 9:54 PM
1-0 finish not a bad result seen as harps hit the post 3 times...

depor
29/09/2007, 7:35 AM
Crowds were bad at Parc De Plonk at times, but if you think that there were games in the league, FAI Cup or even league cup with less than 80 'at um', then Queenstown must have a very different counting system than the rest of the world.

look theres no need to get bad and go into denial about it, but they are the facts. i was at some of them games in bishopstown and a few of the guys i work with are city supporters and they remember them days too. we were only talking bout it the other day, about how things have changed for the better for city. any city supporter would know and remember that. obviously u are a recent supporter or have memory loss like bertie :D:D

The Good Son
29/09/2007, 8:49 AM
look theres no need to get bad and go into denial about it, but they are the facts. i was at some of them games in bishopstown and a few of the guys i work with are city supporters and they remember them days too. we were only talking bout it the other day, about how things have changed for the better for city. any city supporter would know and remember that. obviously u are a recent supporter or have memory loss like bertie :D:D
I'm 40 years of age my patronising friend, and didn't miss a home game through all the Bishopstown era.
Is the education system that bad in Queenstown? As well as not being able to count beyond 80 have you difficulty reading, maybe you'd like to point out where I'm in denial about Bishopstown.
Can you see the part where I say 'Crowds were bad at Parc De Plonk at times'?
Where exactly is the denial there?
I remember exactly how bad Bishopstown was, but whatever you're imaginary workmates or you like to think there was never a league, league cup, FAI Cup or European match that did not have at least a three figure attendance at it, and a majority would have had four figure attendances.

don ramo
29/09/2007, 3:26 PM
I'm 40 years of age my patronising friend, and didn't miss a home game through all the Bishopstown era.
Is the education system that bad in Queenstown? As well as not being able to count beyond 80 have you difficulty reading, maybe you'd like to point out where I'm in denial about Bishopstown.
I remember exactly how bad Bishopstown was, but whatever you're imaginary workmates or you like to think there was never a league, league cup, FAI Cup or European match that did not have at least a three figure attendance at it, and a majority would have had four figure attendances.

ya sure keep saying that, the fact you say queenstown just proves the point that depor is right, sure any fool knows that city werent always up there and had shocking turnouts, and yes with less than 100, im young enogh and even i know that, unless you have been to every single game you dont know, which you obviously havent judgeing by your reply, even now city dont get good attendances, going on two year ago they packed the cross almost every game, thats what, 8-9000, now you'd be lucky to get 4000 at a game there, and city want 40 million to build a new 20,000 seater ground and money to buy a new team, as usual city think there in spain where millionares grow on trees, they would seriously wanna get a grip before there the next former club to represent cork city in the league,

The Good Son
29/09/2007, 3:54 PM
ya sure keep saying that, the fact you say queenstown just proves the point that depor is right, sure any fool knows that city werent always up there and had shocking turnouts, and yes with less than 100, im young enogh and even i know that, unless you have been to every single game you dont know, which you obviously havent judgeing by your reply, even now city dont get good attendances, going on two year ago they packed the cross almost every game, thats what, 8-9000, now you'd be lucky to get 4000 at a game there, and city want 40 million to build a new 20,000 seater ground and money to buy a new team, as usual city think there in spain where millionares grow on trees, they would seriously wanna get a grip before there the next former club to represent cork city in the league,
Is there anyone in Queenstown that is capable of reading what's written.
How does 'the fact that I say Queenstown' prove the point that depor is right?
Where did I say that 'City were always up there'?
Once again I'll repeat there was never less than 100 at a competetive game in Bishopstown, I know this because I was there for every league, league cup, FAI cup and European tie and unlike some of those in Queenstown I can count beyond 100.
Once again numbers don't seem to be your high point, 'going on two year ago' as you put it, City had to the best of my knowledge one (last match vDerry) packed Cross of 8,000/9,000 and not almost every home game as you seem to think, in that make believe world of yours. The crowds that year were better than they are now, but not by a huge amount.
The rest of your waffle has what exactly to do with what I posted?

don ramo
29/09/2007, 4:25 PM
Is there anyone in Queenstown that is capable of reading what's written.
How does 'the fact that I say Queenstown' prove the point that depor is right?
Where did I say that 'City were always up there'?
Once again I'll repeat there was never less than 100 at a competetive game in Bishopstown, I know this because I was there for every league, league cup, FAI cup and European tie and unlike some of those in Queenstown I can count beyond 100.
Once again numbers don't seem to be your high point, 'going on two year ago' as you put it, City had to the best of my knowledge one (last match vDerry) packed Cross of 8,000/9,000 and not almost every home game as you seem to think, in that make believe world of yours. The crowds that year were better than they are now, but not by a huge amount.
The rest of your waffle has what exactly to do with what I posted?

:rolleyes:like talking to a wall, there was less than 100 at games in bishopstown, everyone knows this except you, every team in the league has been there, but sweeping it under the carpet wont make it any less true,
this year at some of the games you were packing out two years ago there is less than half of that attendance now, ive seen it with my own eyes,
the queenstown is just done to death and always prove the opposing posters arguement isnt as strong as they think when they need to throw that in, think poeple in there 40s would have learnt that by now, queenstown queenstown queenstown, congradulations you were capable of reading a history book,

you did say city werent always up there, but the club came from somewhere to get where it is today, and your trying to making it better than what is was, it was noting once upon a time, as was every club, difference is we can accept our past.

The Good Son
29/09/2007, 5:28 PM
:rolleyes:like talking to a wall, there was less than 100 at games in bishopstown, everyone knows this except you, every team in the league has been there, but sweeping it under the carpet wont make it any less true

Ok this is my last time writing this, I WAS AT every league, league cup, FAI cup and European tie played in Bishopstown, now there was times when the attendances were in the hundreds, the low hundreds even, but never ever less than a hundred. I'm basing this fact on, I WAS THERE. You are basing your made up statement on 'everyone knows this'. I'm sweeping absolutely nothing under the carpet, our crowds were terrible in Bishopstown at times, as they have been at times in The Lodge, The Cross, Musgrave Park and out in your place when we had to play there, but you making up this less than a hundred rubbish, is exactly that rubbish.

"this year at some of the games you were packing out two years ago there is less than half of that attendance now, ive seen it with my own eyes,"

We have packed out a handful of games in our entire history, so where you get this, once again made up fact, that we were packing out games regularly two years ago I honestly don't know. Did 'everyone' tell you this as well?
Can you understand that point now? I'm saying things weren't as good as you make out, yet this is what you accuse me of doing.You are the one exaggerating Cork City, crowds not me.

"the queenstown is just done to death and always prove the opposing posters arguement isnt as strong as they think when they need to throw that in, think poeple in there 40s would have learnt that by now, queenstown queenstown queenstown, congradulations you were capable of reading a history book, "

History?

"you did say city werent always up there, but the club came from somewhere to get where it is today, and your trying to making it better than what is was, it was noting once upon a time, as was every club, difference is we can accept our past."

Seriously, can you read?
Where have I attempted to make it better than what it was?
Outside of rubbishing your 'less than 100' nonsense, I've done the opposite. You claim we were getting 'packed out' games two years ago, I'm saying we were getting nothing of the kind.
Can you get your head around that?
I'm saying things were not as good as you claim they were for us, yet you somehow come to the exact opposite conclusion i.e. that I'm claiming things were better, than they were in reality.
See do you understand now?

Apologies for the state of this post to anybody who is still reading, as I still haven't got the hang of splitting up the previous post to quote it, so therefore looks a bit of a mess.

6yardpunisha
29/09/2007, 5:56 PM
Ok this is my last time writing this, I WAS AT every league, league cup, FAI cup and European tie played in Bishopstown, now there was times when the attendances were in the hundreds, the low hundreds even, but never ever less than a hundred. I'm basing this fact on, I WAS THERE. You are basing your made up statement on 'everyone knows this'. I'm sweeping absolutely nothing under the carpet, our crowds were terrible in Bishopstown at times, as they have been at times in The Lodge, The Cross, Musgrave Park and out in your place when we had to play there, but you making up this less than a hundred rubbish, is exactly that rubbish.

this year at some of the games you were packing out two years ago there is less than half of that attendance now, ive seen it with my own eyes,[/quote]

We have packed out a handful of games in our entire history, so where you get this, once again made up fact, that we were packing out games regularly two years ago I honestly don't know. Did 'everyone' tell you this as well?
Can you understand that point now? I'm saying things weren't as good as you make out, yet this is what you accuse me of doing.You are the one exaggerating Cork City, crowds not me.

[/quote]
the queenstown is just done to death and always prove the opposing posters arguement isnt as strong as they think when they need to throw that in, think poeple in there 40s would have learnt that by now, queenstown queenstown queenstown, congradulations you were capable of reading a history book, [/quote]

History?

[/quote]you did say city werent always up there, but the club came from somewhere to get where it is today, and your trying to making it better than what is was, it was noting once upon a time, as was every club, difference is we can accept our past.[/quote]

Seriously, can you read?
Where have I attempted to make it better than what it was?
Outside of rubbishing your 'less than 100' nonsense, I've done the opposite. You claim we were getting 'packed out' games two years ago, I'm saying we were getting nothing of the kind.
Can you get your head around that?
I'm saying things were not as good as you claim they were for us, yet you somehow come to the exact opposite conclusion i.e. that I'm claiming things were better, than they were in reality.
See do you understand now?

Apologies for the state of this post to anybody who is still reading, as I still haven't got the hang of splitting up the previous post to quote it, so therefore looks a bit of a mess.[/quote]

it would be more in your interests to apologise about the "queenstown" s**t you keep on quoting, getting a bit tiring "yawn"

don ramo
29/09/2007, 6:19 PM
if you cant cut posts properly just quote the whole thing in one, god annoying trying to figure it out, dunno where i start and you end, and also i doubth very much that you attended every single game in the history of cork city, as said before on this forum just cause fact is in it doesnt make it so,
so im wrong and your fellow city suporters are wrong, if thats the way you feel i wont bother you any more,

The Good Son
29/09/2007, 6:34 PM
if you cant cut posts properly just quote the whole thing in one, god annoying trying to figure it out, dunno where i start and you end, and also i doubth very much that you attended every single game in the history of cork city, as said before on this forum just cause fact is in it doesnt make it so,
so im wrong and your fellow city suporters are wrong, if thats the way you feel i wont bother you any more,

I give up!
Where did I say I attended every game in the history of Cork City?
Would you please read a post properly if you're going to comment on it. I said I attended every league, league cup FAI Cup and european tie in BISHOPSTOWN.

6yardpunisha
29/09/2007, 6:50 PM
I give up!
Where did I say I attended every game in the history of Cork City?
Would you please read a post properly if you're going to comment on it. I said I attended every league, league cup FAI Cup and european tie in BISHOPSTOWN.

Lads, this is getting really f*****g boring, PM each other, make a date or even get a room please.

depor
30/09/2007, 7:32 AM

theres no need to take that tone with me , they arent my 'imaginary workmates', they were there. all im doing is saying what i and a couple of others have seen on a few occasions up there. and all your negative comments about cobh, how ignorant is that, looking down your nose at us, what an ignorant *****, you need to act your age, 40 years old and that ignorant. just shut up and stop making a fool of yourself. so what if it was called queenstown, cork has a lord mayor (only one in ireland) rather than a mayor for the same reasons. also as your putting down cobh, your keeper, mick, whos citys best keeper ever?? is from cobh. also one of yer favourite goalscorrers over the last few years, john o flynn is from cobh. so why the negativity???

Kramer
30/09/2007, 6:30 PM
theres no need to take that tone with me , they arent my 'imaginary workmates', they were there. all im doing is saying what i and a couple of others have seen on a few occasions up there. and all your negative comments about cobh, how ignorant is that, looking down your nose at us, what an ignorant *****, you need to act your age, 40 years old and that ignorant. just shut up and stop making a fool of yourself. so what if it was called queenstown, cork has a lord mayor (only one in ireland) rather than a mayor for the same reasons. also as your putting down cobh, your keeper, mick, whos citys best keeper ever?? is from cobh. also one of yer favourite goalscorrers over the last few years, john o flynn is from cobh. so why the negativity???

Well said depor!