PDA

View Full Version : Murray for Central Midfield

pete
25/04/2003, 4:59 PM
What do yew think? Maybe he could be the new Osam?

Murray is tall so will win a good share of ball in the middle & would get forward into the box for a few crosses.
His touch & passing as good as most of the current midfielders (not sure if thats a comment on their abilities) not to mention his side step.

He is probably neded more at the back now but in the future...

Thoughts?

Tom Peppers
25/04/2003, 6:02 PM
I dont think we should really go tinkering with a player who is superb in his position already even if he could be the next osam. That could ruin MURRAY as it has done to a lot of players in the past.

Corkman
25/04/2003, 10:18 PM
The "centre back" who needs to be put in to the centre of midfield is Alan Bennet. Where's Napier anyway? If we could get him Dan, Hoggie and Carey across the back twould be rock solid.

tiktok
26/04/2003, 2:40 AM
have to agree with that, bennett can bring a little bite to midfield with napier behind.

although i still think that o'grady will come good, he was our best player season before last, and he hasn't played that often since the injury, i think if we show a bit of patience he'll do well.

patsh
26/04/2003, 8:47 AM
Marc Kenny wants to leave the Scum.
What do people reckon, a good signing or past it?

Troy.McClure
26/04/2003, 12:03 PM
I dont agree with putting Bennet in midfield, I just dont think that he's as good as O'Grady. When Naps comes back he should start ahead of Bennet. Leave Dan where he is.

Gary
27/04/2003, 10:56 PM
was chatting with my dad about this the other day. He seems to think it be a grwat move, and who am i to argue i spose, he seen alot more ball than me. BUT i reckon as guersy, i mean Tom said above, leave him in his natural position. He was a star last night in the Flansiro. Anything what came his way, he dealt with it.

Leave him where he is,and bring in someone else. surely a team like shef Weds will be off loading players now they relegated. Mark McKeever perhaps?

steven17
29/04/2003, 1:49 PM
it wouldn`t ruin dan, but our scoring might suffer dan wouldn`t be a very active midfield not a very fast player fine as a centre back hasn`t got the engine for a midfield player.also why drop o grady playing some great ball this season would like to see a new defencive pairing not dan and napier two slow of a partnership ,someone who is hungry to play ,Andrews maybe hasn`t been given a chance to show what he`s got

not a bad idea

1.mick
2.carey
6.danno
24.andrews
22 hoggie

seems a strong backline
but leave dan where he is

rolo
29/04/2003, 2:44 PM
i think big dan is doing a great job for us in defence and should be left there. he has done well for us already this season and isnt afraid of coming forward from a defensive position so he's grand where he is.

bennett did well when i midfield last season. he hounded the opposition and helped in breaking up alot of play when teams were trying to mount an offensive attack.
he's also doing well in defence this season though, and with benno and dan being young, if they were left in defence together a quality partnership could begin which would benefit us greatly.

it would be better trying to break someone new into that role in midfield, where they could come off the bench, giving us more options as the matches progress.

i dunno who though...