PDA

View Full Version : Sad news for Bray fans

notever
26/09/2007, 8:48 PM
It is with great sadness that all Bray fans will have learned of the tragic death of Brian Murray. Brian was a great friend of the Wanderers, he not only supported the Team but he worked for many years in the grounds.I think Brian built the turnstiles and also the new Gents toilets among many other jobs. He worked tirelessly around the Club was always in great form and would do anything to help you.He will be sadly missed.All fans I am sure will join in sending our sympathies to his Wife and family at this very sad time.He may be gone but won't be forgotten. Rest in Peace Brian.

Roo69
27/09/2007, 9:09 AM
It is with great sadness that all Bray fans will have learned of the tragic death of Brian Murray. Brian was a great friend of the Wanderers, he not only supported the Team but he worked for many years in the grounds.I think Brian built the turnstiles and also the new Gents toilets among many other jobs. He worked tirelessly around the Club was always in great form and would do anything to help you.He will be sadly missed.All fans I am sure will join in sending our sympathies to his Wife and family at this very sad time.He may be gone but won't be forgotten. Rest in Peace Brian.

That's right, just tragic stuff. He was a great friend and supporter of the club and will be deeply missed by all.

On behalf of the club i would like to offer our deepest sympthies and condolances to his family and friends. May he RIP.

We would also like offer our condolances to Mark O'Shaughnassy's family and friends

centre mid
27/09/2007, 9:53 AM
Hear Hear

NY Hoop
27/09/2007, 2:23 PM
Bray Game Postponed

27 Sep 2007. Tomorrow night’s game against Bray Wanderers at the Carlisle Grounds has been postponed until next Tuesday, October 2nd, due to the removals and funerals of Brian Murray and Mark O'Shaugnessy, the two firemen tragically killed in Bray on Wednesday. The kick-off remains at 7.45pm.

Everyone at Shamrock Rovers extends their deepest sympathies to the familes of the deceased.

RIP

Stevo Da Gull
27/09/2007, 3:32 PM
I had the pleasure of working with Brian for a short period of time in the Carlisle. The following phrase may be over-used but I sincerely mean it when I say that the world would be a better place if there were more people like Brian Murray and Mark O'Shaugnessy.
RIP

superfrank
27/09/2007, 4:32 PM
My sincere condolences to the familes.

RIP.

Grey Boy
27/09/2007, 5:37 PM
I'd like to offer my sympathies also. Very sad day for Bray. I don't think I knew Brian but Mark lived accross the road from me as a kid. Stunned to here the news. Well done Wanderers for showing their respect by postponing the fixture in light of all Brian clearly did for the club.

Carlin
27/09/2007, 7:30 PM
Very sad news.

R.I.P.

Tir Oilean
28/09/2007, 8:36 AM
Sympathies to both families on behalf of GUFC Supporters

May they Rest In Peace

Superhoops
30/09/2007, 1:52 PM
Such a tragic incident put football and life into perspective. Condolences to both families.

BrayUnknowns
01/10/2007, 11:07 AM
RIP Brian and Mark. Absolutely tragic.

Condolences to both families and all their friends. I can't even begin to imagine how tough this ust be.

Dodge
01/10/2007, 11:20 AM
RIP

Deepest Sympathies to all who knew them

KR's Post
02/10/2007, 1:22 PM
2 Hero's who died doing what they loved. Protecting our community. Always in our mins, always remembered, Always hero's.
Bray was at a standstill today and it just show's how tragic and sad the town felt this was.
RIP