PDA

View Full Version : TV3 (shush)

Troy.McClure
25/04/2003, 12:03 PM
Saw the goals from the Bohz game on tv last night. 5 class goals and 2 of the better saves I've seen for a while in the eL. I cant believe that there was only 5,550 at the game, it looked packed, unless of course there was no one sitting in the main stand :eek: It must ahve been a class match, the football looked really good from both teams.

SÓC
25/04/2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Saw the goals from the Bohz game on tv last night. 5 class goals and 2 of the better saves I've seen for a while in the eL. I cant believe that there was only 5,550 at the game, it looked packed, unless of course there was no one sitting in the main stand :eek: It must ahve been a class match, the football looked really good from both teams.

I thought the 5.5k was a bullcrap estimate too I'd say nearer 6.5k.

The capacity is 7.5k isnt it?

patsh
25/04/2003, 12:49 PM
I'm glad someone else thinks that the 5.5K number is suspect.
There was a reported 6,000 at the Pat's game, yet the St. Anne's End was almost empty. On Tuesday St. Annes was at least 3/4 full. Now for both games, the Donie Ford, Shed End and the other stand had more or less the same number of punters, so if you add the extra people at the St. Annes end, there must have been more...:confused:

joe
25/04/2003, 12:52 PM
that's assuming the 6k figure for pats is accurate.

i reckon there was a little over 4k at pats, and a little under 5k at bohs

pete
25/04/2003, 1:14 PM
Capacity is apparently 7000.

1800 in main stand.
1000 odd in the derrynane.
3000 odd at the st annes end?
1000-1500 in the shed & other standing areas?

Stand & Derrynane sides have been 80% full for both games.

I would have guessed 4500-5000 & 6000 for each game.

A face
25/04/2003, 1:17 PM
Originally posted by joe
that's assuming the 6k figure for pats is accurate.

i reckon there was a little over 4k at pats, and a little under 5k at bohs

Nah .... Joe you fall short there fella i'd say.

I was going to say that i took a few pics of the Annes end in the second half for Pats and it was fairly full ( i know it wasn't in the first)

But it looked to be a bit more in the Bohs, i would have given it 6,000 as the stand was a bit more full aswell for Bohs.

joe
25/04/2003, 1:23 PM
i dunno, i think st. anne's was the only real difference between the two, so say for both games

1,600 in the donie forde (1,800 capacity)
1,000 in the derrynane (1,200 capacity)
1,000 in the shed + standing - the shed wasn't really packed for either game

which gives about 3,600

add in st. anne's for st pats - i 'd say there wasn't 1,000 up there, giving <4,500

and bohs there was maybe 1,500 up there, giving 5,000 max

???

A face
25/04/2003, 1:36 PM
Jebus .... that aint very generous with de ole numbers :(

What did the club say though ??

joe
25/04/2003, 1:37 PM
Originally posted by A face
What did the club say though ??

you'd have to ask other members that ;)

fonzi
25/04/2003, 1:54 PM
remember as well that theyre are a large amount of people who like 'standing around the place'
i.e. front of the shed sides and top of st annes and at the corners of donie ford and shed.
theyre bloody wierdos if ya ask me .:D

Soko
25/04/2003, 4:57 PM
The club will always try and keep the official numbers at the lowest possible even though its not great for publicity. The obvious reason for this is money as their is a % for the away team, league etc....

Remeber Brian Lennows argument with I think Finn Harps in the cup a few years ago. They said their was fcuk all at the game when there was obviously more and city wouldnt sign the release.

Peadar
25/04/2003, 5:30 PM
Originally posted by Soko
The obvious reason for this is money as their is a % for the away team, league etc....

The away team gets nothing from the gate in a league game since they play eachother both home and away.
The gate is split for cup games only.
For tax purposes it would probably make sense to keep the numbers down.

pete
25/04/2003, 5:43 PM
Originally posted by Peadar
For tax purposes it would probably make sense to keep the numbers down.

I think clubs are now supposed to charges VAT on entrance tickets. No idea if any clubs do it though.

Think also that season tickets are exempt from VAT as are basically club membership dues.

Troy.McClure
26/04/2003, 12:13 PM
Are you sure about your numbers joe? I know I wasnt there, but the Shed looked packed on tv, and there was no way that there were 200 (or 1 in 6) empty seats in the Derrynane stand.

Either way, it was a huge turn out considering that the Pats game would nearly put me off going to the X, let alone a casual suporter + there was a Champions League quarter-final on the telly at the same time and Bohs probably didnt bring down many fans (bloody small clubs! :rolleyes: )

joe
27/04/2003, 5:19 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Are you sure about your numbers joe?

they're just my estimates!

Troy.McClure
28/04/2003, 12:00 PM
You mean that you didnt count each person individually? :o Sure what good are those numbers so? ;)