PDA

View Full Version : And so the touting begins!!

reder
26/09/2007, 1:31 PM
Adverts are now starting to appear on various sites for overpriced tickets for our games not being used by "the best fans in the world".

EG:

Link one (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180163077277&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:UK:11)

This person, pavm23@hotmail.com, (found this out after a bit of searching), also has tickets for Cyprus and is putting more Germany tickets up soon according to the advert.

Réiteoir
26/09/2007, 3:47 PM
forward all of that to the FAI Ticket Office

gilberto_eire
26/09/2007, 5:17 PM
i reported it there prob more chance someone wont be fleeced then!!

andrew1977
26/09/2007, 7:11 PM
Just reported the seller to e-bay myself, hopefully his listing will be removed
I f*cking hate touts

NeilMcD
26/09/2007, 7:14 PM
I do too but its not much different to how the housing market works though.

Sligo Hornet
26/09/2007, 7:20 PM
forward all of that to the FAI Ticket Office

Don't think they would be interested.....they have plenty of their own tickets as far as I know!;)

andrew1977
26/09/2007, 7:22 PM
I do too but its not much different to how the housing market works though.

Yeah but the guy selling these tickets on e-bay has no excuse in my opinion, surely he has some friends or family or knows some ireland supporters who would gladly take the match tickets off him at face value price
Me personally anytime i come across spare tickets for any concert/match/event all my friends and family are welcome to them at face value.

Cosmo
26/09/2007, 7:24 PM
some ireland supporters who would gladly take the match tickets off him at face value price

Theres no way people are going to get rid of their cyprus tickets for face value! My uncles trying to flog 4 tickets for the cyprus natch for less than face value and he cant get rid :)

soccerc
26/09/2007, 7:26 PM
Just reported the seller to e-bay myself

Why? It's not against ebay policy or a violation of their listing terms.

BTW, I hate touts

sylvo
26/09/2007, 7:26 PM
Hopefully they (fai) do take some sort of action against people like this, don't think so somehow.

gilberto_eire
26/09/2007, 7:32 PM
Why? It's not against ebay policy or a violation of their listing terms.

BTW, I hate touts

i think it is actually it came up on here before..... even when your reporting you can click an option off...''SELLING TICKEETS ABOVE FACE VALUE''....

touting on e-bay isnt allowed afaik... also i dont think your allowed sell match tickets at all!!

Sligo Hornet
26/09/2007, 7:32 PM
Theres no way people are going to get rid of their cyprus tickets for face value! My uncles trying to flog 4 tickets for the cyprus natch for less than face value and he cant get rid :)

Dear Uncle...shall we say, if you can pay for our flights, a night in hotel ( 4* minimum, obviously ) a meal before the game ( including free beer ) and VIP entrance to a decent Club, then OK....face value and we'll shake on it!

p.s. Are they decent seats, or maybe the deal will have to be renegotiated?;)

soccerc
26/09/2007, 7:34 PM
i think it is actually it came up on here before..... even when your reporting you can click an option off...''SELLING TICKEETS ABOVE FACE VALUE''....

touting on e-bay isnt allowed afaik... also i dont think your allowed sell match tickets at all!!

Policy only applies to games involving England or Wales I'm afraid

Cosmo
26/09/2007, 7:36 PM
p.s. Are they decent seats

I can find out if anyone is actually interested in them :eek:

gilberto_eire
26/09/2007, 8:18 PM
Policy only applies to games involving England or Wales I'm afraid

still think the ''over-face value'' part counts though!!

reder
27/09/2007, 10:52 AM
still think the ''over-face value'' part counts though!!

Afraid not. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he is doing in Ebay's eyes.

gilberto_eire
27/09/2007, 2:15 PM
anyway anyone can mess up the bidding then?

Stuttgart88
27/09/2007, 2:26 PM
"the best fans in the world".
May I ask who exactly uses this phrase these days? I've barely heard it used since Italia 90 but then again I haven't lived in Ireland for over 8 years.

Everyone knows that the support is often large, often colourful, usually loyal and almost always impeccably behaved (by football fan standards, not by convent school standards). Just like lots of other fans of international football.

dynamo kerry
27/09/2007, 10:17 PM
EUR 520.00 sold!

shocking. I thank the stars I signed onto the waiting list 2 1/2 years ago. if it means that much to you that you'd pay so much money surely you would have signed up on the list yourself at some point in your life. I would have been on sooner if I hadn't lived in canada.

unbelievable.

gilberto_eire
28/09/2007, 12:42 AM
i suppose this is the reason none have been offered in the ticket swop thread..... this thread wont do my chances any good of getting them(despite been top) :D

Claret Murph
28/09/2007, 6:32 AM
Gilberto , i would say you will pick one up but nearer to the time . Have you have a word with GUST yet to see if anyone is not taken up their tickets ????

sameold
29/09/2007, 10:25 PM
EUR 520.00 sold!
I thank the stars I signed onto the waiting list 2 1/2 years ago.

Do you know what number you are on the list? I'ave been on it for 6 or 7 years.

reder
01/10/2007, 10:11 AM
May I ask who exactly uses this phrase these days? I've barely heard it used since Italia 90 but then again I haven't lived in Ireland for over 8 years.

Everyone knows that the support is often large, often colourful, usually loyal and almost always impeccably behaved (by football fan standards, not by convent school standards). Just like lots of other fans of international football.

Its used everytime there is a debate about the senior international team and the fans are mentioned. Someone inevitably comes out with the "best fans in the world" line.

Personally I think our away support is just ok (elements are painfully annoying) but our home support is awful.

Plenty of tickets up there now!

AidoM
01/10/2007, 12:21 PM
................Just count the number of bandwagon-jumpers who arrive here looking for tickets with a handful of posts to their name. If it wasn't so sad it would be funny.

Might justify a re-writing of the rules :mad:

Newryrep
01/10/2007, 12:48 PM
Do you know what number you are on the list? I'ave been on it for 6 or 7 years.

Ask the FAI but quote your 'membership No' it is on all correspondance sent to you by the FAI - membership No circa 15K waiting list No circa 1600

Sligo Hornet
01/10/2007, 1:14 PM
Might justify a re-writing of the rules :mad:

Good idea Aido........shall we say a minimum of at least 600 posts before you can qualify?;)

dynamo kerry
01/10/2007, 5:44 PM
Ask the FAI but quote your 'membership No' it is on all correspondance sent to you by the FAI - membership No circa 15K waiting list No circa 1600

that's about right.. 2 years ago I was number 1408 on the waiting list and my membership number on the waiting list isn't far off 14087 or something.

I'd say the waiting list is essentially at a standstill while we're at croker but as soon as new lansdowne opens I'd hope for a lot of activity. I'm hoping I'd be near enough to get a block booking at that point. I've been on the list more like 3 years at this stage.. maybe a bit more but not much

Cowboy
02/10/2007, 7:42 PM
Scotland's fans are a class apart. Just count the number of bandwagon-jumpers who arrive here looking for tickets with a handful of posts to their name. If it wasn't so sad it would be funny.

Right on brother

pineapple stu
02/10/2007, 7:47 PM
I wonder how many Scots were coming on to foot.co.uk looking for tickets for the France and Italy games?

Those kind of fans are everywhere; no point believing we're the only ones who have them.

Bluetonic
02/10/2007, 7:53 PM
I'd say the waiting list is essentially at a standstill while we're at croker but as soon as new lansdowne opens I'd hope for a lot of activity. I'm hoping I'd be near enough to get a block booking at that point. I've been on the list more like 3 years at this stage.. maybe a bit more but not much

At a capacity of 50,000

You can take 10,000 premium and box seats off that and a further 5,000 (10%) away allocation, leaving around 35,000 seats.

Given the old capacity of 35,000 and take the 10% away allocation off that, gives around 31,500 block bookers which were filled in the old stadium, this really only allows 3,500 seats to be filled from the waiting list, average of maybe 3 per application so say the first 1000 might be lucky and get filled. This is presuming that the FAI don't decide to offer excess to existing holders. It would also be safe to assume some of the existing block bookers (more specifically the corporate block bookers) will avail of the premium level increasing the seats available to those on the waiting list.

Anyhow I'm sure the FAI will manage to mess up the implemented system in some shape or form.

Schumi
02/10/2007, 8:06 PM
Mixed up logic there, you subtract corporate seats from the new capacity but not the old one. There were several thousand corporate seats in the old Lansdowne Road so there'll be a minimum of 7-8,000 extra seats available which should cover most of the waiting list I'd say. Also I only got two tickets when I got onto the block booking list so I assume the same will still be the case.

Torn-Ado
02/10/2007, 8:19 PM
I wonder how many Scots were coming on to foot.co.uk looking for tickets for the France and Italy games?

Those kind of fans are everywhere; no point believing we're the only ones who have them.

Exactly. Some people seem to think that its only an Irish thing. How many Northern Ireland and Scotland fans were climbing over each other seven or eight years ago for tickets.

S . F . A

Bluetonic
03/10/2007, 8:04 AM
Mixed up logic there, you subtract corporate seats from the new capacity but not the old one. There were several thousand corporate seats in the old Lansdowne Road

I did mention it, but as I'm unaware of the exact numbers I didn't want to speculate, I just threw all the existing corporate seats into the 31,500 block bookers figure.

It would also be safe to assume some of the existing block bookers (more specifically the corporate block bookers) will avail of the premium level increasing the seats available to those on the waiting list.

dynamo kerry
03/10/2007, 8:54 PM
Mixed up logic there, you subtract corporate seats from the new capacity but not the old one. There were several thousand corporate seats in the old Lansdowne Road so there'll be a minimum of 7-8,000 extra seats available which should cover most of the waiting list I'd say. Also I only got two tickets when I got onto the block booking list so I assume the same will still be the case.

agreed. also why would exisiting block bookers be offered extra tickets? Does that normally happen? I would hope the first thing they would do is go to the waiting list. that would suit me best anyway!:cool:

jbyrne
04/10/2007, 4:55 PM
Anyhow I'm sure the FAI will manage to mess up the implemented system in some shape or form.

the FAIs ticketing is actually what they do best and is miles ahead of either the GAA or IRFU

Newryrep
05/10/2007, 7:55 AM
the FAIs ticketing is actually what they do best and is miles ahead of either the GAA or IRFU

see previous BB Croker thread for the horror stories

gspain
05/10/2007, 8:13 AM
see previous BB Croker thread for the horror stories

It isn't perfect but miles ahead of the IRFU and GAA.

Away tickets could be done in a fairer way.

Rugby tickets mainly go through corporates and the clubs. Many clubs sell them on to corporates.

AFAIK the GAA have no systems to reward fans who go to their mickey mouse games when their big games come around.

Newryrep
05/10/2007, 10:10 AM
It isn't perfect but miles ahead of the IRFU and GAA.. - cant comment

Away tickets could be done in a fairer way. - agree.

The allocation of Croker tickets was farcical - it is all in the thread -

OneRedArmy
05/10/2007, 10:21 AM
I can't believe people think the FAI's ticket allocation and distribution is better than the IRFU or GAA :eek:

Both those organisation distribute the vast majority of tickets through member clubs, the lifeblood of the organisation. Most of the FAI block bookers wouldn't know where their nearest senior or junior club is (Glasgow or Manchester?) and put nothing into Irish football other than supporting the senior international team.

Many rugby clubs sell part or all of their allocation to fund their operation, but they do so willingly after a vote by members. I'm lucky that my club don't and I get tickets along with lots of others who regularly attend club fixtures. This is perfectly equitable in my mind.

From an admin point I view I also get the order form for the tickets 6 months in advance and get the actual ticket a month ahead of games. Not the usual Merrion Square shambles.

Newryrep
05/10/2007, 11:39 AM
I can't believe people think the FAI's ticket allocation and distribution is better than the IRFU or GAA :eek:

From an admin point I view I also get the order form for the tickets 6 months in advance and get the actual ticket a month ahead of games. Not the usual Merrion Square shambles.

To the ticket office's credit, any query i sent to them via email has always been promptly answered, and so far i am getting my tickets either by mail or DHL in good time. The payment via the web is also an improvement. (Getting tickets only a few days before the game obviously reduces the threat of forgeries and touting firms)

My main gripe and it is not necessarily with the ticket office was the Croker allocation (I was sorted by the way but a lot were not)
1. There was no logic to it
2. Those who were on the waiting list a long time were bypassed if their choice was already filled for people who may have joined a few days
3 Exisitng BB split

etc etc

reder
05/10/2007, 11:42 AM

Both those organisation distribute the vast majority of tickets through member clubs, the lifeblood of the organisation. Most of the FAI block bookers wouldn't know where their nearest senior or junior club is (Glasgow or Manchester?) and put nothing into Irish football other than supporting the senior international team.

Many rugby clubs sell part or all of their allocation to fund their operation, but they do so willingly after a vote by members. I'm lucky that my club don't and I get tickets along with lots of others who regularly attend club fixtures. This is perfectly equitable in my mind.

Well the FAI home ticketing policy is actually excellent (OK, Croke Park setting was a bit of a mess but ins-ins).

You cant compare it to the GAA and IRFU policies. I know of countless people who have gone to GAA games for their respective counties only to be left with nothing (or paying €500) for a ticket for the final whilst countless corporates go for the one game a season. Rugby is just a big corporate love-in as far as I can see and the smaller clubs tout their allocation.

Ok, away games could be done better but I couldnt complain with the FAI regarding home ticketing. (Miles ahead of british clubs. LFC is a mess and tickets constantly go missing in post etc).

There is no need for tickets to be sent out a month before a game. The week of the game is fine (unless people are touting their tickets).

Note: By supporting the senior international side people are putting something back into football in this country. Something called money. The senior international games are the single biggest football earner in this country.

Claret Murph
05/10/2007, 11:47 AM
REDER
Well said sir ....

OneRedArmy
05/10/2007, 1:09 PM
There is no need for tickets to be sent out a month before a game. The week of the game is fine (unless people are touting their tickets)..What about supporters clubs who have to distribute tickets onwards to members?

Note: By supporting the senior international side people are putting something back into football in this country. Something called money. The senior international games are the single biggest football earner in this country.Great, give yourself a pat on the back. Truly the Celtic Tiger spirit...

Or better still, try supporting an Irish club.

Battery Rover
05/10/2007, 1:18 PM
There is no need for tickets to be sent out a month before a game. The week of the game is fine (unless people are touting their tickets).

I don't agree with that.

I have 10 tickets on behalf of a supporters club to get to people for the match. Out of my allocation I have one person in Mullingar, one in Dublin and three in Athlone and I live in Limerick so getting tickets the week of the match is no good to me as it would mean meeting up with everyone in Dublin the day of the match which isn't possible everytime due to my personnal committments.

So just because people want them early doesn't mean they are touting.

As of today I still havent received my tickets either and can't get through to the ticket office:mad:

reder
08/10/2007, 8:55 AM
What about supporters clubs who have to distribute tickets onwards to members?
Great, give yourself a pat on the back. Truly the Celtic Tiger spirit...

Or better still, try supporting an Irish club.

I was referring to tickets for general block booking members. Supporters clubs affiliated to football clubs should get tickets delievered early to allow for distribution.

I support my local childhood team. Would you prefer me to jump ship, randomly cloose and irish club and start pretending I understand the roots and heritage of the club?

elroy
09/10/2007, 11:22 AM
I do think the FAIs ticketing policy is quite fair and if you are a genuine fan, usually you can pick up tickets for the games, although I have had to pay over the odds for a few games in the past. Ive been on the waiting list for at least 4 years, got an application for the games in croker which the fai 'lost' so never got allocated any for these games. Im not sure what the story will be when we go back to LR, id imagine the existing BB list will be offered extra tickets and the surplus will go the waiting list but im not that hopeful that the majority on the WL will get sorted.

Was thinking of buying the ten year tickets at one stage, but its hard to justify them at €7.5k, at most we'd have 5/6 home games a year, so works out at well over €100 a game!!

Newryrep
09/10/2007, 12:14 PM
Im not sure what the story will be when we go back to LR, id imagine the existing BB list will be offered extra tickets and the surplus will go the waiting list but im not that hopeful that the majority on the WL will get sorted.

Was assured that the arrangment for Croke Park was for Croke Park only. If the new LR was going to be the same arrangement the waiting list will not move one iota