PDA

View Full Version : Latest Happenings..

RedX
24/04/2003, 9:53 PM
Just a few of the things about the other nights game with Bohs i spotted.As many people including myself seen i reckon Gareth Cronin will soon be out the door.He seems to have a poor attitude and as far as i can see he has always been like this.I spotted last season a young lad looking for an autograph off him one Friday evening before a game.Now i know players dont always have the time but i remember thinking then "what a stuck stuck up git"as he totally ignored him.Getting back to many peoples questions and complaints why Liam Murphy dropped him last season this seems to be your answer...attitude!

Its now clear to see that we need a big strong ball passer in the middle of the park.At times the other night O'Grady looked like a schoolboy.He can be a good ball winner but you will very rarely see him move the ball around the park..

There was a throw ball in Citys half the other night and Hoggy was taking it.Georgie demanded Hoggy give it to him as fast as possible.Hoggy hessitated and Georgie called him Fu***ng whatever.Is this usual for players when they are hyped up during a game?I dont think so.I think even though he is a super player and hopefully will stay with City for a long time Georgie has a bit of an attitude.But then dont you need to be a bit arrogant to be as skillful as him.Great player...

It was a fantastic night for the club.Kevin Doyle was superb and threw himself into every tackle.He will get better and better and now i can see why Pats were so upset at losing him.Mick Devine for the first time ever looked very hessitant on goal and seemed unwilling to come for balls that he should have.Anyone else spot this?

Overall it was a fantastic evening and i would have settled for a draw big time at 2-2.But i remember saying to me mates "one more chance and we will have them"two minutes later i was 15 feet off my seat celebrating.Anyway on to Longford Saturday night.Adraw would'nt be bad but a win would be fantastic.Longford have started well and with a very good manager in Alan Mathews i am sure they will be up for this after there defeat to Shels.Anyway until then lets enjoy the moment that we beat the Bohs...

Red X

Neil
24/04/2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by RedX
I spotted last season a young lad looking for an autograph off him one Friday evening before a game.Now i know players dont always have the time but i remember thinking then "what a stuck stuck up git"as he totally ignored him.
One incident and that's it!
Give us a break. Give Gareth a break for **** sake.

Georgie called him Fu***ng whatever.Is this usual for players when they are hyped up during a game?
YES!

Colm
24/04/2003, 11:24 PM
.As many people including myself seen i reckon Gareth Cronin will soon be out the door.He seems to have a poor attitude and as far as i can see he has always been like this.I spotted last season a young lad looking for an autograph off him one Friday evening before a game.Now i know players dont always have the time but i remember thinking then "what a stuck stuck up git"as he totally ignored him.Getting back to many peoples questions and complaints why Liam Murphy dropped him last season this seems to be your answer...attitude!

Gaz doesn't strike me as the kinda fella that would have a bad attitude at all, maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it!
It seems to me that, in the past few days, there have been a lot of people only too ready to have a go at Gaz, I think it's a bit unjustified to be honest.

foureyes
25/04/2003, 11:12 AM
If we keep winning games and are around the top of the league I think questions of attitude will be forgotten.

In that case players will be motivated to the extent that anyone not pulling their weight will be very obvious. The other players will let them know, football is about winning.

My biggest concern is that we will lose our best players to England for the start of the next season - I guess in part this motivates some players to play well. I'll put it this way, if we dont win something or at least strongly challenge players won't want to stick around.

But theres no reason why we shouldnt be challenging strongly this year - I'd like a couple of addiditions to the squad as we lack cover for many positions, but the better we play the more likely we are to attract players; there will be another load of them available from clubs in britain and beyond in a few weeks, I reckon a lot of teams will have new faces a couple of months from now.

patsh
25/04/2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by foureyes
My biggest concern is that we will lose our best players to England for the start of the next season - I guess in part this motivates some players to play well. I'll put it this way, if we dont win something or at least strongly challenge players won't want to stick around.
This may not be such a problem after all. The Football League has introduced some radical reforms and players wages will be a lot less than before. For City, and a few other eL clubs, it might be possible to match the wages offered by a the majority of clubs, certainly in the 2nd and 3rd (3rd and 4th?) divisions. Most of the clubs in the 3 divisions will have to operate under extremely tight financial stictures.

Satoshi
25/04/2003, 3:30 PM
Bit harsh on Gareth, he had to deal with a very hard working Bobby Ryan, thought he did ok, stuck to his task.

I was more disappointed with Woodsie to be honest, didn't quite play as good as Ive seen him before maybe made it that bit harder for Gareth. But its nice to see we can beat Bohez with a few poor performers. I'm sure he'll bounce back against Longford.

pleased with Kevin Doyle, he looks like he's fired up.

And to be honest i think O Grady looked much more the part on Tuesday than he has for a long while

Come on City

Shane
25/04/2003, 4:33 PM
Gaz was played out of position I think. He's better off in the middle and I think it'll be a while before he starts another game. Hoggie and Carey will start in Longford I'd think. Bobby Ryan did give him some roasting and gaz seemed almost afraid to go past the half way line. As for O'Grady, Rockmount beckons and Woods can head to the north side too.