PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mondays

Magicme
25/09/2007, 3:31 AM
Having had a **** monday where everything went wrong. Work was ****. I fought with the man I love. I had a scary hospital appointment. Nothing was going my way.

Then I went to the Olympia and boy was it a Happy Monday. My brother & his wife had bought me the ticket for my recent birthday & I went along feeling miserable. Bez you are the saviour! Wow they were good.

Anyway, back at my bros for hours & many more drinks later and my world is still ok. No work tomorrow. My boyfriend is still my boyfriend. Hospital will wait til the new year. Life is great.

Thank you Mister Ryder & co.

razor
25/09/2007, 8:15 AM
Watched a superb documentary on BBC4 last night on the whole Factory Records enigma.
Classic story of when they were in Barbados "recording" their album at Eddy Grants studio, Sean got caught one night with the doors of the studio open taking the couches into a waiting van. They were a gift for his crack dealer.
Tony Wilson was interviewed saying they sent them there cos there was absolutely no heroin there, Wilson said he didn't do his homework cos the place was crack central.

Here it is (http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/listings/programme.shtml?day=yesterday&filename=20070924/20070925_0130_4544_8851_90&service_id=4544)

max power
25/09/2007, 12:48 PM
get the film 24 hour party people....tells the whole factory records story and its a great laugh as well.

the 12 th man
25/09/2007, 5:06 PM
Watched a superb documentary on BBC4 last night on the whole Factory Records enigma.

Great programme alright.Joy Division/New Order story always has me riveted.

.Tony Wilson spent a lot of time in Dunboynein Meath before his untimely death,he was great mates with Sean Boylan the ex GAA County manager.

I thought Shaun Ryder looked about as healthy as I've ever seen him.

endabob1
03/10/2007, 10:30 AM
The Mondays always were a great act to see live, I've seen them a few times and they never disappoint.
The documetary the other week was top class, a lot better than the 24 hour party people film which while it was funny enough skimmed over a lot of stuff.
There were some great stories about the Mondays time in Barbados, local dealers pushing crack through the studio letter box for Shaun, "You can't say no to free rocks man", using the sunbeds for the swiming pool to build a crack den, taking the couches from the studio as a "gift" for his dealer...
There was another documentary about Ryder a couple of years ago where it showed him living in a council house, all quite sad but it does look like he's a bit more "sorted" now.
For those interested in the manchester scene, 2 books to recomend, "Touching from a Distance! the Ian Curtis story which has been made into a film (due out in a couple of months I think) & Freaky Dancin' the Bez story, both top reads.

Docboy
03/10/2007, 2:21 PM
I thought Shaun Ryder looked about as healthy as I've ever seen him.

That's cos he's supposedly off the methadone for the first time in 15 years, also had $50,000 dollars of restorative dental work!