24/09/2007, 7:17 PM
Pats 0-1 Bohs, mansaram 25mins

SligoBrewer
24/09/2007, 7:20 PM
nice to know feo

Réiteoir
24/09/2007, 7:32 PM
I make that a €50 fine for Bohs for having 5 cautioned

Delaney must be off on a junket soon and needs the cash to tip the Sky Porter at the airport

:D

chuckie
24/09/2007, 7:32 PM
Byrne sent off. bit unlucky imo

SligoBrewer
24/09/2007, 7:35 PM
come on pats!

Réiteoir
24/09/2007, 7:36 PM
Byrne sent off. bit unlucky imo

not really - if he wants to act like a ***** on the pitch he can naff off somewhere else

Sheridan
24/09/2007, 7:46 PM
Too many square pegs in round holes for Pat's. Cardinal sin playing two left-footed central defenders alongside one another. They're also basically fielding four attacking midfielders, which is giving Bohs too much freedom to run at their back four. Also, they're playing like sh1t, which doesn't help either.

Schumi
24/09/2007, 7:52 PM
Ridiculous foul from Byrne for the red. What was he thinking? You'd get booked for that in rugby, never mind football.

sligoman
24/09/2007, 8:03 PM
1-1. When's the draw?

Schumi
24/09/2007, 8:03 PM
1-1 Brilliant free kick, great goal.

Thunder-WYFC
24/09/2007, 8:04 PM
1-1 now

Sheridan
24/09/2007, 8:06 PM
Connor bottled it replacing Kelly with Powell. Should have brought Powell on for Crowe and played Kelly behind Mansaram.

Kildare Lad
24/09/2007, 8:09 PM
1-2 Mansaram

Bravo
24/09/2007, 8:10 PM
1:2 now mansaram again.

DmanDmythDledge
24/09/2007, 8:39 PM
FT now.

Bohs vs Cork
UCD vs Longford

would be the perfect draw from our perspective.

sligoman
24/09/2007, 8:49 PM
Bohs vs Cork
UCD vs Longford

would be the perfect draw from our perspective.
Longford Vs. Bohs
Cork Vs. U.C.D.

Would be the perfect draw from my perspective, although Longford beating Bohs in final would be good too:).
When's the draw?

DmanDmythDledge
24/09/2007, 8:50 PM
When's the draw?
Going by previous draws it will be in two weeks.

Sheridan
24/09/2007, 8:51 PM
Didn't think Bohs deserved to win, except maybe by virtue of showing a bit more character. Pat's paid the price for not giving themselves a platform in midfield, although I suppose you can't legislate for bad errors by good 'keepers. I like Mansaram - he won't make it far in the game but he's an appealing underdog. Crowe cuts a depressing figure these days.

michaelguineys
24/09/2007, 8:51 PM
City v Bohs Final would be the best final for the league in terms of publicity, attendance and quality of football.
In saying that, we have to beat Waaaaaterfuhr tomorrow night before we even start thinking about that

sligoman
24/09/2007, 8:56 PM
I like MansaramI used to, but then he faked an injury so can't be trusted.

sonofstan
24/09/2007, 9:39 PM
We've now beaten Drogheda, Cork, Rovers and Pats in cup competitions this year - I doubt if anyone is looking forward to meeting us in the next round, home or away.

DmanDmythDledge
24/09/2007, 9:45 PM
We've now beaten Drogheda, Cork, Rovers and Pats in cup competitions this year - I doubt if anyone is looking forward to meeting us in the next round, home or away.
I'd prefer you to Cork to be honest so I wouldn't be that unhappy if we draw you. Something makes me think that the draw will be:

Bohs vs UCD
Cork vs Longford

feo123
24/09/2007, 9:50 PM
of course they'll keep the 2 ''bigger'' teams apart.

micls
24/09/2007, 9:50 PM

Tbh Id be happy and confident enough to get ye at home. Obviously not first preference.

oriel
24/09/2007, 9:54 PM
What the hell happened to that nice stand pats had behind the goal ???? Looked the business for the euro match in the summer, why was it taken down ?

sonofstan
24/09/2007, 9:57 PM
Please not UCD away, though - not scared, it's just a horrible place for a cup semi

Sheridan
24/09/2007, 10:01 PM
It was a temporary stand erected for the UEFA Cup campaign.

Haven't been to Richmond in over a year, what's the elevated red container-like structure at the Inchicore end of the stand?

Paddyfield
24/09/2007, 10:03 PM
What the hell happened to that nice stand pats had behind the goal ???? Looked the business for the euro match in the summer, why was it taken down ?

I was going to ask the same question.

Have St Pat's permanently dropped the Stadium of Light name?

feo123
24/09/2007, 10:05 PM
I was going to ask the same question.

Have St Pat's permanently dropped the Stadium of Light name?

its gotten worse and worse imo the last couple of years

sonofstan
24/09/2007, 10:14 PM
I
Haven't been to Richmond in over a year, what's the elevated red container-like structure at the Inchicore end of the stand?
It's an elevated red container- like structure.

(seems to be security/ event control related like its counterpart in Dalyer)

Iorfa
24/09/2007, 11:00 PM
Bohs vs Cork
UCD vs Longford

Longford Vs. Bohs
Cork Vs. U.C.D.

Ahem.

God, I really hope we knock Cork out tomorrow night.

dcfcsteve
24/09/2007, 11:07 PM
It was a temporary stand erected for the UEFA Cup campaign.

They've tidied up that end of the ground with concrete etc.

Are there plans to put anything in there ?

sonofstan
24/09/2007, 11:08 PM
Ahem.

Just watching Friday's highlights - you should have nailed it then

Port Saint
25/09/2007, 7:29 AM
The concrete base thats down will do for a permanant stand which afaik there is no planning premission for as the original premission has expired.

razor
25/09/2007, 8:03 AM
We've now beaten Drogheda, Cork, Rovers and Pats in cup competitions this year - I doubt if anyone is looking forward to meeting us in the next round, home or away.Providing we defeat Waterford tonight then i'd fancy a home draw. nothing more.
Ye were very fortunate to beat us in the League Cup, goalkeeping error in the last minute of ET.

btid1
25/09/2007, 9:11 AM
Would be the perfect draw from my perspective, although Longford beating Bohs in final would be good too:).

You just have to laugh at the bitterness that is flowing from the Sligo fans!!

I'd say you were loving it when Byrne got sent off and Pat's equalised.You put your put throught the TV when big Darren smashed home the winner???!!

Oh sweet,sweet night!

"Dont wanna go home,dont wanna go hoooommmmeee, this is the best trip I've ever been on"!!!

trevy
25/09/2007, 10:25 AM
Waterford United are still in the Cup by the way:mad:.We beat Sligo away on penalties in the last round so don't rule us out yet.
Terrible decision by Kelly to book Kirby for diving when he was clearly caught by Heary so it should have been a penalty.

gufct
25/09/2007, 10:35 AM
I thought Pats were very poor showed no spirit at all and for all GUFC fans that slag John Lester how about Michael Keane he is allegedly on €4,500 a week and is the most unfit looking player I have ever seen.

Hibs4Ever
25/09/2007, 10:48 AM
I thought Pats were very poor showed no spirit at all and for all GUFC fans that slag John Lester how about Michael Keane he is allegedly on €4,500 a week and is the most unfit looking player I have ever seen.

Allegedly!!!

Where did you hear it?

Real ale Madrid
25/09/2007, 10:56 AM
"Dont wanna go home,dont wanna go hoooommmmeee, this is the best trip I've ever been on"!!!

Trip! you'd walk from Dalymount to Richmond Pk ffs :D

Rory H
25/09/2007, 10:57 AM
why do the sing that every game?? i remember them singing it in longford when it was 0-0, playing total crap and ended up getting beaten 3-0

btid1
25/09/2007, 11:00 AM
Waterford United are still in the Cup by the way:mad:.We beat Sligo away on penalties in the last round so don't rule us out yet.
Terrible decision by Kelly to book Kirby for diving when he was clearly caught by Heary so it should have been a penalty.

While I agree it was a terrible decision by Kelly and was not in anyway a dive by Kirby I think you will find it was a free on the edge of the box.Initial contact was outside if you watch it again.

btid1
25/09/2007, 11:02 AM
Trip! you'd walk from Dalymount to Richmond Pk ffs :D

Ah its across the liffey so it qualifies as a trip:D

DmanDmythDledge
25/09/2007, 11:34 AM
Ahem.

So do I actually, just can't see it happening.

BohsPartisan
25/09/2007, 12:56 PM
why do the sing that every game?? i remember them singing it in longford when it was 0-0, playing total crap and ended up getting beaten 3-0

We sing it at away games and the lyrics depend on how the game is going. E.G. If we are losing, as we were in Longford its "I wanna go home, this is the Worst trip I've ever been on"

of course they'll keep the 2 ''bigger'' teams apart.

Don't know why thats in quotations, there is no question that Bohs and Cork are the two biggest of that four.

feo123
25/09/2007, 2:12 PM
You just have to laugh at the bitterness that is flowing from the Sligo fans!!

I'd say you were loving it when Byrne got sent off and Pat's equalised.You put your put throught the TV when big Darren smashed home the winner???!!

Oh sweet,sweet night!

no, not at all...we're just happy when we look at the league table tbh ;) and i was happy bohs won at least it wasnt a draw and our games still on friday, we need 3 points before we travel to drogheda next week!

feo123
25/09/2007, 2:13 PM
We sing it at away games and the lyrics depend on how the game is going. E.G. If we are losing, as we were in Longford its "I wanna go home, this is the Worst trip I've ever been on"

Don't know why thats in quotations, there is no question that Bohs and Cork are the two biggest of that four.

nah id class longford as a bigger club than bohs

btid1
25/09/2007, 2:55 PM
nah id class longford as a bigger club than bohs

That really is one giant chip on your shoulder isnt it mate!!!

BTW Who do you think has a better chance of European and Setanta football next season.You or us?

Not that we are sure of getting either but your league position will count for nothing if you dont attain those goals!

feo123
25/09/2007, 3:01 PM
That really is one giant chip on your shoulder isnt it mate!!!

BTW Who do you think has a better chance of European and Setanta football next season.You or us?

Not that we are sure of getting either but your league position will count for nothing if you dont attain those goals!

goals? sure what does goal difference matter when were ahead of ye on points anyway? have a look at the league table and get back to me. if you can read that is?!

Réiteoir
25/09/2007, 3:08 PM
You could finish ahead of us in the League and scrape into Europe - but if we win the FAI Cup:

UEFA Cup > Intertoto

Do you want salt and vinegar on that post btw? :D