PDA

View Full Version : Irresistible Force Versus Immovable Object

Mr A
23/09/2007, 4:28 PM
Harps- 8 league wins in a row at home without conceding a goal.

Cobh- unbeaten in 27 games, i.e. 3 complete rounds of matches.

One of these formidable records must end on Friday night.

The buildup starts here :cool:

don ramo
23/09/2007, 5:18 PM
nil all draw writen all over it so:D
1-0 to the rams after 80 mins:ball::ball:

Mr A
23/09/2007, 5:23 PM
nil all draw writen all over it so

My thoughts exactly!

1-0 to the rams after 80 mins

And 2-1 Harps at FT :)

bellavistaman
23/09/2007, 5:28 PM
1-1 i reckn, take it now i would. Cant wait.

Sam_Heggy
23/09/2007, 7:18 PM
1-1 i reckn, take it now i would. Cant wait.

Bet ye would :cool: Difference is, we want to win, maybe it might be a factor with the players too. Theres a possibility the Cobh players are thinking "I'll take a draw on friday night"
Our lads I know are confident of a win.
Its going to be a cracker, hopefully ye bring plenty of fans and we can have a good atmosphere at the game.

6yardpunisha
23/09/2007, 7:52 PM
Bet ye would :cool: Difference is, we want to win, maybe it might be a factor with the players too. Theres a possibility the Cobh players are thinking "I'll take a draw on friday night"
Its going to be a cracker, hopefully ye bring plenty of fans and we can have a good atmosphere at the game.

fancy a pint on friday night Heggy

Sam_Heggy
23/09/2007, 9:08 PM
fancy a pint on friday night Heggy

Yup :cool:
Any1 coming up, O'Malleys bar would be the best bet. Good craic in there before and after the game.

don ramo
23/09/2007, 9:20 PM
Bet ye would Difference is, we want to win, maybe it might be a factor with the players too. Theres a possibility the Cobh players are thinking "I'll take a draw on friday night"

the difference is ye have to win and the pressure of going top could affect ye :p;) all pressure on harps, we know were capable of beating ye we have already proven it, just have to prove it one more time then well be parting ways for a few years:D

6yardpunisha
23/09/2007, 9:39 PM
Any1 coming up, O'Malleys bar would be the best bet. Good craic in there before and after the game.
1st beer on me

bellavistaman
23/09/2007, 10:34 PM

But were not going to play for a draw like ye did last night ye were home. Draw will be great result for us, away from home.

See you there hopefully, dont expect many more than 10 from cobh. Bar committee.

Sam_Heggy
24/09/2007, 8:31 AM
1st beer on me

Happy days :cool:

Sam_Heggy
24/09/2007, 8:37 AM
the difference is ye have to win and the pressure of going top could affect ye :p;) all pressure on harps, we know were capable of beating ye we have already proven it, just have to prove it one more time then well be parting ways for a few years

No pressure on Harps, Cobh are the ones who blew the 16 point advantage they had over Harps. Look at the last 6 games played:
Harps won 5 drew 0 lost 1 Points 15
Cobh won 2 drew 4 lost 0 points 10

so unbeaten and all, we have gained 5 points on ye in just 6 games. Remember, 6 games left and only 2 points of a gap. We have Dundalk and Shels out of the way, ye have both to play.
Now who do ya reckon is under pressure? :cool:

thegafferman
24/09/2007, 11:08 AM
we will take three points in finn park....refuse to lose!!!!!;)

Mr A
24/09/2007, 11:31 AM
Are ye taking a bus up? Any chance of a lift to the match for two Galway-based Harpsmen?

depor
24/09/2007, 12:39 PM
id take the draw but i think we can win it, in fact i know we can win it as we have beaten them already this season, and in ballybofey. harps arnt a great footballing side, very physical, that will be their game against us this weekend.

people also seem to be forgetting that harps lost 1 nil to athlone town on 1st of this month, so they arnt unbeatable.

if it was about getting the ball down and playing football, ramblers would win this league hands down.

harpstilidie
24/09/2007, 1:14 PM
id take the draw but i think we can win it, in fact i know we can win it as we have beaten them already this season, and in ballybofey. harps arnt a great footballing side, very physical, that will be their game against us this weekend.

people also seem to be forgetting that harps lost 1 nil to athlone town on 1st of this month, so they arnt unbeatable.

if it was about getting the ball down and playing football, ramblers would win this league hands down.

What harps have you seen this season??? :confused:

Sam_Heggy
24/09/2007, 1:56 PM
What harps have you seen this season??? :confused:

Was wonderin the same myself Dan.

And yeah were aren'y unbeatable, but we won all games since. Remember, 3 draws are the same as 2 defeats only thing it preserves is an unbeaten run (in which we still managed to gain 14 points on Cobh)

gaffer33
24/09/2007, 3:40 PM
[if it was about getting the ball down and playing football, ramblers would win this league hands down.[/quote]]

Have to agree rams playing good football,but last time harps came to cobh only a few weeks ago they played some great football,on the ground(as it should be)passing and moving,attacking at every option and it must be said that they are a good footballing team ,physical or not,so has all the ingredients of a great game come friday night..

6yardpunisha
24/09/2007, 3:44 PM
Was wonderin the same myself Dan.

And yeah were aren'y unbeatable, but we won all games since. Remember, 3 draws are the same as 2 defeats only thing it preserves is an unbeaten run (in which we still managed to gain 14 points on Cobh)

whats the nightlife like in your neck of the woods

don ramo
24/09/2007, 7:37 PM
lads, let the player do the talking friday night, we are capable of beaten them and i think we can it is posible, plus would be nice to open a 5 point gap for safety reasons (not that well need it), and the pressure is on harps they have come this far, and they cant bottle it now, it would never be forgiven, remember harp are suppose to be here, were not, we have defied everyone and shuffed it back in there faces now let just add a bit of insult to top it off,

c'mon the rams

bellavistaman
24/09/2007, 8:11 PM
Are ye taking a bus up? Any chance of a lift to the match for two Galway-based Harpsmen?

Sorry Mr.A no club bus going up at all, hardly little or no fans going, its a very very long trip, doing my best to go but not sure yet.

Mr A
24/09/2007, 9:35 PM
No worry lads, we'll have to rely on Feda O Donnell so.

Can't wait.

gaffer33
24/09/2007, 10:11 PM
I know that a handful are going MR.A so hope to see you in o'malleys,any good b&b's that you'd recommend..i heard jacksons mentioned..

Mr A
25/09/2007, 7:54 AM
To be honest, I've never used any of them so I couldn't really say, don't even know the names of any B+B's there. Jacksons, Villa Rose and Kees* would be the main hotels in the Twin Towns though.

*- in Stranolar, other side of the Finn

6yardpunisha
25/09/2007, 3:05 PM
To be honest, I've never used any of them so I couldn't really say, don't even know the names of any B+B's there. Jacksons, Villa Rose and Kees* would be the main hotels in the Twin Towns though.

*- in Stranolar, other side of the Finn
is there a bar at the ground

Mr A
25/09/2007, 3:45 PM
Now this I can answer :)

No bar in the ground, but the Gallery is very close indeed. Harps fans meeting up beforehand and maybe after are more likely to be in O Malleys on the main Street though, only five minutes from Finn Park.

Sam_Heggy
25/09/2007, 3:47 PM
Bars all over around the ground, The Junction (O'Malleys), The Gallery, Gallens, Bonners Corner Bar, and lots more. O'Malleys as I said are usually the best, with Lads before and after the game. Half time is usually the Gallery.
Away fans always made welcome in the 'fey :cool:

jebus
25/09/2007, 3:47 PM
Sorry Mr.A no club bus going up at all, hardly little or no fans going, its a very very long trip, doing my best to go but not sure yet.

Not knocking ye lot lads but surely ye should have put on a bus for fans. I know its a horrible, horrible trip, but this is probably gonna be the title decider for your club

6yardpunisha
25/09/2007, 3:55 PM
Not knocking ye lot lads but surely ye should have put on a bus for fans. I know its a horrible, horrible trip, but this is probably gonna be the title decider for your club

your dead right, dont know why none going, supporters club normally look after this but I think the length of the trip is very offputting especially on a friday so people have to take day off work. oh to be Athlone, slap bang centre of the country

6yardpunisha
25/09/2007, 4:03 PM
Bars all over around the ground, The Junction (O'Malleys), The Gallery, Gallens, Bonners Corner Bar, and lots more. O'Malleys as I said are usually the best, with Lads before and after the game. Half time is usually the Gallery.
Away fans always made welcome in the 'fey :cool:

how will we recognise you to buy you a pint and dont say you will be the guy in the harps jersey

Mr A
25/09/2007, 4:04 PM
He'll be standing beside me :)

Mr A
25/09/2007, 4:12 PM
Seriously though- if you ask a few of the Harps fans chances are one will know him. Don't think I'll be about for pints unfortunately.

Sam_Heggy
25/09/2007, 6:04 PM
how will we recognise you to buy you a pint and dont say you will be the guy in the harps jersey

If im up early enough I'll be in O'Malleys, ill introduce myself to any cobh fans I meet :cool:
Not be in for long before the game though :( Ill be in the club shop trying to flog some gear (football gear that is :p)
And as A said, we're usually the loud ones, he's usually "Harping on" about the programme.

4th-div-are-we
25/09/2007, 7:41 PM
i think 1 of our main problems this season is suspensions,i think barrett would have run rings around there midfield if he wasn't suspended for that stupid (i'd almost say attack) on the limerick player..and with mucky out for the next match (which is probably the biggest match of the season) for his stupid hand ball even though it did stop the ball from going in we still ended up conceding..if we cut out the stupid things in the matches and keep playin proper football we should walk the league...

bellavistaman
26/09/2007, 12:57 AM

Your dead right supose if i wanted tp gp and couldnt id kick up a massive fuss, but im after sorting my own way up now, so dont give a ****.

Seriously though- if you ask a few of the Harps fans chances are one will know him. Don't think I'll be about for pints unfortunately.

Would feel like something out of resevoir dogs asking for Mr.A

If im up early enough I'll be in O'Malleys, ill introduce myself to any cobh fans I meet
Not be in for long before the game though Ill be in the club shop trying to flog some gear (football gear that is :p)
And as A said, we're usually the loud ones, he's usually "Harping on" about the programme.
See you in O'Malleys so Sam,i'll have my lucky scarf(your ****ed if the scarf makes it,we just dont lose when i have it,it was lost for our only two losses;),rams jersey and flag, thank you marco for the flag few weeks back.)

Mr A
26/09/2007, 8:40 AM
*Mental Note*- Torch lucky scarf after cutting bellavistaman's ear off.

6yardpunisha
26/09/2007, 9:19 AM
*Mental Note*- Torch lucky scarf after cutting bellavistaman's ear off.

does that mean heggy is mr pink

Mr A
26/09/2007, 9:40 AM
Now that you mention it- Yes. Yes it does.

Sam_Heggy
26/09/2007, 9:43 AM
does that mean heggy is mr pink

:cool: with cool music in the background :p

Sam_Heggy
26/09/2007, 3:51 PM
Lads have ye a definite number for those travelling? If there was enough of ye travelling we could organise something for yer arrival :cool: (and no not an ambush, or then again :ball:)

4th-div-are-we
26/09/2007, 6:53 PM
i'm sure more people would go if it was on a weekend instead of the friday...i'd love to go but got no way of getting up there, a bus would be great as i heard the bus to dundalk was a success..

bellavistaman
26/09/2007, 9:35 PM
I reckon 10 in all. Max

harpstilidie
27/09/2007, 1:40 PM
I reckon 10 in all. Max

Wow! I thought there would be alot more travelling for such a big game. I know its a long distance to travel but if it was the other way round i reckon we could get at least a bus down.

4th-div-are-we
27/09/2007, 8:01 PM
10 is not a lot of people for a football match...its kinda embarassing really...but it is on a friday and most of the ramblers fans are not gonna take a day off work to drive to the other side of the country all for an hour and a half game of football....

Sam_Heggy
27/09/2007, 9:09 PM
10 is not a lot of people for a football match...its kinda embarassing really...but it is on a friday and most of the ramblers fans are not gonna take a day off work to drive to the other side of the country all for an hour and a half game of football....

Supporting a football club is about making sacrifices, travelling the lenght and bredth of the country to follow your team. Each game is an hour and a half long is it not?
fair fooks to the lads travellin, ill see ye in O'Malleys tommorow, ill be in just after 6 for an hour or so.

ramblers
28/09/2007, 6:49 PM
I cant belive the match was not moved to a Saturday!!

Any time I have had the pleasure of going to Ballybofey has always been on a Saturday.

Could not get the time off work this time!!

4th-div-are-we
28/09/2007, 7:19 PM
rams could be 1 up already but carey missed a penno....

gaffer33
29/09/2007, 9:20 PM

I sense a bit of negativity..

rams could be 1 up already but carey missed a penno....

Still sensing a bit of negativity..
In fact im trying to get my head around each of your replies and i still come up with the same conclusion..NEGATIVITY..you might mean well but all the time you seem to be knocking peoples efforts all the time..:(