PDA

View Full Version : Over Excited

thecorner
23/04/2003, 2:46 PM
lads lets not get over excited with the result
fair enough it was a great result but the medals arent handed out til the end of the season
so the bohs game is gone now which makes makes longford our most important game of the season

Dricky
23/04/2003, 3:00 PM
Still a win is a win is a win.
I see the Longford game as a bigger test than Bohs at the x. We were lucky last night but to be fair we have lost matches the same way.

pete
23/04/2003, 3:21 PM
Yeah funny how peoples opinions have changed since the 0-0 draw 12 days ago.

I'd still be surprised if Bohs & $hel$ don't make up the top 2 places in the league but last nigth win should ensure some extra punters & revenue in the gate at the cross as well as a huge boost for the team to tackle the other (after UCD) bogey team in Longford next week.

NorthoftheLee
23/04/2003, 3:43 PM
i think people shoulsd get as exceited about the result last night as they want to ...it was brilliant.....just dont get carried away becasue of it...BOHS and Shels will more than likely hold the top 2 spots at the end of the season, but lets enjoy last night cause those types of games dont come around too often...

A face
23/04/2003, 4:56 PM
Originally posted by Dricky
I see the Longford game as a bigger test than Bohs

I hear ya .... It will be a good measure of how we mean to start anyway. We actually need a win there to be confident about going forward and it would be 10 out of a possible 12.

Fingers crossed ;)

joe
23/04/2003, 11:27 PM
i must admit the sight of supposedly grown men hugging and dancing with each other seemed a bit excessive to me, but sure, what are ya going to do? ;)

niamh
24/04/2003, 1:12 PM
It was a good result. A last minute winner always does that, especially if the team you are playing won the league the previous season, but the Longford game is as important to win, the rest of the games are.

razor
24/04/2003, 1:46 PM
Originally posted by joe
i must admit the sight of supposedly grown men hugging and dancing with each other seemed a bit excessive to me, but sure, what are ya going to do? ;)

City games have definitely over the years given many grown men, myself included, the excuse to hug other men, dance, sing and even cry in public.
And we wouldn't change it for the world.

Some of my greatest footballing memories are from following City

City till I Die.