PDA

View Full Version : The board

feo123
21/09/2007, 2:58 PM
looking at another thread in the EL forum about managers, got me thinking how good Paul Cook has been, and i think after all the critisism the sligo rovers committee/board have recieved in recent years they deserve lots of praise for getting the right man for the job on this occasion! i still think theres so so many things wrong with the current committee, but give them credit where its due on this one :ball:

gustavo
21/09/2007, 4:50 PM
They got the right man at the time too with Sean Connor say what you like about the man but he was clearly ambitious , Cookie is too but has more people skills and not being an arsehole skills

feo123
21/09/2007, 8:36 PM
even macdonald seemed to put us in the right direction football wise

avvenalaf
22/09/2007, 10:23 PM
Is that 'Choice is hot' McDonald who nearly lost Conor O'Grady?

feo123
22/09/2007, 10:33 PM
im not saying he done us any favours with some of his decisions but on the pitch he seemed to get us on the right track, with our style of football. maybe he didnt though

clubman
23/09/2007, 3:07 PM
Well considering the board members are all giving their time freely to run the club one can only admire their endevours. Running a club which has a full time set-up on the pitch and a part-time set-up off it will always encounter difficulties. The ideal situation would be total full-time but in the real world it's not an option. So what we have - we have and we must be thankful for it. So yes, I agree with feo123, the board deserve great credit.

biscuit
24/09/2007, 1:33 PM
Tand not being an arsehole skills

hehe i like gus! ;):D