PDA

View Full Version : Bohs game

Pages : [1] 2 3

feo123
21/09/2007, 1:40 AM
Can't wait, its the type of game we should be filling 2 or 3 buses for, but we know that wont happen. hopefully we can geta couple of hundred at least upto it and create as good an atmosphere as possible. probably best to sing nothing about sean connor as he just thrives on it, and loves the attention. but i suppose i'll even find it hard myself to stop abusing him.

as for the game itself our midfield has been shot in the arm with the loss of captain and vice captain. id probably push Raff into the middle with boyd and then pick one from 2 or 3 others for the left wing! hard to know what cooky will do, whether it be manson, gordon, meredith or foy even on the left all can do a good job. hopefully judgy will be okay. id take a point but i know we can get all 3!

any thoughts?

gustavo
21/09/2007, 7:47 AM
Vital game really , they are only a point behind us , winning would create a nice gap , not too sure about Raff in the middle there , might be a bit too lightweight , they will most likely have Hunt and O'Donnell or Turner there . I presume Turner will receive the same abuse that Mansaram received last time in Dalymount.

Red&White Rover
21/09/2007, 8:46 AM
probably best to sing nothing about sean connor as he just thrives on it, and loves the attention. but i suppose i'll even find it hard myself to stop abusing him.
?

Not the whole game. And about thriving on it, i think we really got to him when we beat them at home.

jamie m
21/09/2007, 9:07 AM
brush
coleman peers mckenzie foy

cash boyd raff gordon

faz judge

thats the team i would pick, central midfield is going to be a huge problem, agree raff might be a bit lightweight but havent really got a lot of options, id be tempted to put someone like gary curran in there if he had a lot more match fitness, think he is a player who hasnt really had a fair chance this season, would also be tempted to play ventre in centre of defence (think he has done well when played there) to cope with with crowe and mansaram but mckenzie still edges it, foyzer too has been solid since he has come back in and gives us an added threat from set pieces,

SligoBrewer
21/09/2007, 9:12 AM
I presume Turner will receive the same abuse that Mansaram received last time in Dalymount.

i wont abuse turner.

he gave 100% for the bit o'red. unlike mansaram

SligoBrewer
21/09/2007, 9:16 AM
wrong thread.. sorry

Red4Eva
21/09/2007, 9:36 AM
possibly play faz a bit deeper and play 4-5-1/4-3-3 to compensate for lack of conor's energy?? all depends on what tactics the poison dwarf goes for though. turner doesn't deserve abuse like clunk or cripple boy, he might have been a d**k for the way he left but he only did that cos he's thick

gustavo
21/09/2007, 9:45 AM
If Mansaram got abuse I dont see why Turner shouldnt , I know he gave us 100% but he left at the first oppurtunity for more money , Im sure Sean Connor gave 100% to us when he working for us

Red&White Rover
21/09/2007, 9:54 AM
Why did Mansaram get so much abuse and Burns did not ? I suspect it is the same reason why Turner won't get any abuse. But i am just speaking from my own view point.

Mansaram stated publicly that he wouldn't leave Rovers unless he was going back to England.

gustavo
21/09/2007, 9:55 AM
Why did Mansaram get so much abuse and Burns did not ? I suspect it is the same reason why Turner won't get any abuse. But i am just speaking from my own view point.:confused:Mansaram was our top scorer last season , didnt see too many people complaining about him last season , I understand Burns not getting abuse due to the circumstances of his departure

Red&White Rover
21/09/2007, 9:59 AM
Yes and he and people did not like what he did in his last match or two. What i am saying Chris was a star we all knew he wanted away but give 100% every time he put the shirt on will not be abusing him myself anyway and that's all i can speak for.

sorry completely misread that there...

RT is completely right here...

biscuit
21/09/2007, 10:00 AM
Turner, knowing him personally wouldnt be the sarpest knife in the drawer. But when you're offered the type of money he was to play ball elsewhere then you dont need to be a rocket scientist to take the offer up. Its LOTS more than he was on in the showgrounds, and lets remember he has no sentiment for rovers, hes a young man who came here to play football and earn a wage, and he did his best whilst here. Dont think he deserves abuse tbh, same with burnsy. On both players contracts rovers just couldnt compete. And on another note it looks like it will be the same story with Hughes. On the other hand sean connors is a canaiving **** and mansaram after his antics in the showgrounds deserves dogs abuse. He was only here for a holiday.....:rolleyes:

Only1Rovers
21/09/2007, 11:39 AM
No point giving Turner abuse, he has alot of time for the club and fans,

I'll be applauding him if anything.

Massive difficulty in midfield, I think i would have to go with Curren, we need a physical presence there which we're not gonna get from

Raf. I'm worried about Boyd, for a big lad he doesn't seem to get into the rhythm of the game. He was missing for large parts of the UCD game. Cant afford that against Bohs.

roversforever
21/09/2007, 11:54 AM
really don't agree with what is being said here.to say mans was here for a holiday is completely wrong.when that lad was on the pitch he always gave his best for sligo rovers.if any of us was in his situation at 22 years of age, being offered the sort if money he was at bohs we would have gone too.i wouldn't mind if he was an arrogant ******** or something but he's actually a sound lad and doesn't deserve the stick he got.chrissy turner was always top quality for us so i don't get this mentality of "let's abuse him"!!connor deserves every bit of abuse he gets so i say if you want to abuse aim it at someone who deserves it, not lads who don't.

jamie m
21/09/2007, 12:09 PM
thread becoming pointless, we should be concentrating on our own situation coming into the bohs game and not on what player does or doesnt deserve abuse!

sligoman
21/09/2007, 12:11 PM
I presume Turner will receive the same abuse that Mansaram received last time in Dalymount.I'm gonna miss this game as I'm away but I wouldn't abuse Turner anyway. Mansaram and Singh[if he's not still injured:)] should be booed every time they get the ball. Obviously, Sean Connor should get the abuse too, and maybe Rossiter for forgetting where he's from when he scored the last game. Burns and Turner shouldn't get abused.

To the game itself, with O'Grady and Hughes out, I can't see us get anything from this match:(.

red_away
21/09/2007, 12:34 PM
I will have a few drinks b4 the game and i doubt i will have any energy left to abuse individual players once i have finished with abusing Quasimodo!!!

On the other hand i am slightly worried about Chelsea poaching Paul "the really special one!" Cook

feo123
21/09/2007, 2:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMym9TCT4qA

look what that wa**er mansaram was like in the last game, clapping for the penalty, asking for coleman to be booked and celebrating over pointing at us in the stand. what a pr*ck!

Knappagh Red
21/09/2007, 4:17 PM
I hope Turner plays up front again so Ventre can crunch him in the first few minutes, I think its vital that he plays because we are very lightweight without Hughes and O' Grady. I think Mansarem atitude wise is the worst of our rejects up there.

SligoBrewer
21/09/2007, 4:20 PM
I hope Turner plays up front again so Ventre can crunch him in the first few minutes, I think its vital that he plays because we are very lightweight without Hughes and O' Grady. I think Mansarem atitude wise is the worst of our rejects up there.

singh?

Red&White Rover
21/09/2007, 4:29 PM
singh?

Ventre will look at Singh, and singh will collapse in a heap.

Shiba
21/09/2007, 6:08 PM
I'm gonna miss this game as I'm away but I wouldn't abuse Turner anyway. Mansaram and Singh[if he's not still injured:)] should be booed every time they get the ball. Obviously, Sean Connor should get the abuse too, and maybe Rossiter for forgetting where he's from when he scored the last game. Burns and Turner shouldn't get abused.

To the game itself, with O'Grady and Hughes out, I can't see us get anything from this match:(.

Cant agree with Rossitor statemant lad nvr played for Rovers and when he scored that Penalty I thought he handle himself well by not over celebrating unlike Martin in Derry.But why abuse the players there only lads that are earning a living from their craft and jst moving on to pasture greener like anyone would do if the money was rite.Someone would want to tell singh to stop the acting now then he was acting as a footballer too!

sligo23
21/09/2007, 8:25 PM
and maybe Rossiter for forgetting where he's from when he scored the last game.

rossiter doesn't deserve to be bood. he wanted to sign for sligo but couldnt due to certain conditions. wat was he supposed to do???

my team:

brush

coleman - peers - mckensie - ventre

cash - boyd - faz - raf

judge - gordon

feo123
22/09/2007, 1:30 AM
he started to wheel away celebrating then realised where he was :D

Bravo
22/09/2007, 10:55 AM
When SRFC shaft a player its acceptable yet when a player leaves of his own accord its not…………. such hypocrisy, concentrate on supporting Paul Cook & our current players, get over Connor’s there’s nothing that jip stain would love more than us to spend the match abusing him rather than supporting Rovers. He’d love it.

Sean South
22/09/2007, 5:56 PM
What stand will we be put in the Jodi or the Connaught side?

gustavo
22/09/2007, 8:03 PM
Probably Jodi I'd say

Knappagh Red
22/09/2007, 8:15 PM
Or we could kick them out of their Shed like 1983

feo123
22/09/2007, 10:34 PM
if they draw on monday night this game is off :(

sligoman
22/09/2007, 10:45 PM
if they draw on monday night this game is off :(*crosses fingers* :p

clubman
22/09/2007, 11:39 PM
Tell me this, should the game go ahead, what colour will Sligo play in?

feo123
23/09/2007, 12:15 AM
don't have a clue tbh, we wore the red and white stripes the last time in Dalymount!

clubman
23/09/2007, 2:59 PM
When last year's gear was used earlier in the season for both the Longford and Bohs games I believe the gear supplier was very annoyed. The gear for the Longford away game was a total mess and yet we don't have a third strip. So will it be Joseph's technicolour dream coat for the Bohs game?
Have to wait and see I suppose.

gustavo
23/09/2007, 3:22 PM
our home shirt doesnt clash with theirs too much i think

clubman
23/09/2007, 3:25 PM
our home shirt doesnt clash with theirs too much i think
I agree but we also know that we won't be allowed wear it.

red bellied
23/09/2007, 3:26 PM
Played in the stripes in Dalymount earlier in the season.

red bellied
23/09/2007, 3:34 PM
If Bohs need a replay against Pats, wonder will that affect the Rovers game on Friday? Think they have the League Cup Final against Derry next week as well.

clubman
23/09/2007, 5:17 PM
If Bohs need a replay against Pats, wonder will that affect the Rovers game on Friday? Think they have the League Cup Final against Derry next week as well.

It shouldn't - but then the way the FAI operate it probably will.

sligoman
23/09/2007, 5:31 PM
If Bohs need a replay against Pats, wonder will that affect the Rovers game on Friday?It will (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=776388&postcount=36).

Clubman, nothing to do with FAI, of course game should be postponed if it does go to a replay.

DmanDmythDledge
23/09/2007, 6:03 PM
if they draw on monday night this game is off :(
Surely it would put off until Sunday?

feo123
23/09/2007, 6:36 PM
Surely it would put off until Sunday?

league cup final is early next week isnt it?

clubman
23/09/2007, 10:23 PM
Clubman, nothing to do with FAI, of course game should be postponed if it does go to a replay.
Sligoman how can you be so sure?
If it's nothing to do with the FAI and the FAI the organisation who run both the league and cup competitions then who is responsible for making such decisions :confused:
Sligoman it's an attitude such as yours that has football in this country substandard. Why should a league fixture set for friday night be postponed because a cup game ends all square:confused:
The FAI have deferred the cup final so they can go on a junket to south africa, the semi-finals won't happen for another month at least and there a huge push to get quarter-finals out of the way and the clubs must accept this :mad:
So Sligoman do you still think the game should be postponed?

sligoman
23/09/2007, 10:42 PM
So Sligoman do you still think the game should be postponed?If it goes to a replay then yes. The replay is scheduled for the Thursday night so what do you expect Bohs to do, play 2 games in 2 nights? You could argue they could keep the cup game postponed for a few weeks but that would be stupid as the 2 teams will have been preparing for the cup leading up to it and will want to get it over with and plan for the next round.

The league cup final isn't til the 9th of October so our game should be re-scheduled for maybe the Tuesday(2nd Oct). If it's not arranged for either the 1st or 2nd Oct then blame the FAI as that makes the most sense for the game to be played, if it goes to a replay.

feo123
23/09/2007, 11:23 PM
any way we can find out when the re arranged game would be??

sligoman
23/09/2007, 11:27 PM
any way we can find out when the re arranged game would be??I doubt it's decided yet as we're only dealing with "if" at the moment. I'm sure after tomorrow night's game we'll have a better indication.

feo123
23/09/2007, 11:30 PM
I doubt it's decided yet as we're only dealing with "if" at the moment. I'm sure after tomorrow night's game we'll have a better indication.

its the FAI we're talking about :rolleyes:
just think if its called off and re-fixed for a tuesday night or something it'll take from our away support big time, and ive been looking forward to this for ages. but the pats-bohs game has draw written all over it. it would be good if they put our game on sunday if it does happen, but they won't do that

Rory H
24/09/2007, 10:16 AM
i would predict a draw tonight but we'll see what happens. may be a storm over nothing.....

Only1Rovers
24/09/2007, 7:21 PM
Should the Pats V Bow-ez game be a stalemate, our game will be replayed on 1/11/07, Thursday night, I fink.

Its not gonna go to replay anyway, Bohs making ****e of Pats...(Oh no, danger here!!!!)

feo123
24/09/2007, 7:22 PM
source?

Only1Rovers
24/09/2007, 7:31 PM
source?

I know a few people, who know I few people....

They know a few people who run a web site,

But these people who run a web-site dont know a calender works,

The 1st of Nov is a Thursday, but Bow-ez think its a Monday.

or else the replay is Monday the 1st of Oct. that might make more sense.

http://www.bohemians.ie/index.php/fixtures/fixture-list.htm