PDA

View Full Version : cronin =****

steven17
23/04/2003, 12:05 PM
think gaz had a bad game at left back last-nite walked murray into making a clumbsy tackle for there penno,cant see what city fans see in him hes an bad player who was found out last night.

hate being negitve earlyin the season but lets face it hes a bad player

SÓC
23/04/2003, 12:25 PM
Gaz didnt have a great game and Carey did very well when he came on with Hoggie going to left full BUT poor old Gaz had lazy Billy in front of him, he was being left 2-1 for long periods.

Billy had a stinker, bring back Dave Warren on the left wing

razor
23/04/2003, 1:13 PM
Billy was our worst player last night.
He's so lazy, gets dragged infield and leaves wide open spaces down the wing for their full back to explore.

Loses interest, can't tackle, provides us with nothing.

Competition on the left wing is what he needs and of course a big kick up the h*le

pete
23/04/2003, 1:23 PM
I didn't think Gaz was too bad as was up against one of the best wingers in the league in Bobby Ryan.

While Billy didn't have a great game i thought he did better than usual. Maybe he needs to come insdie more with the ball when attacking as is a bit predictable trying to pass the fullback on the outside.

I think any commenst in players have to judged against playing one of the best teams in the country.

steven17
24/04/2003, 12:06 PM
)1.best time too judge them kid .if you cant play well against the best then you shouldn`t be playing against the worst

)2.billy woke up last ten mins which is when we were most dangerious if he could pull wide abit more and pass the ball about insead of trying to make it the billy woods show. last season while hoggie was at left back the boy would run his socks off and billy would never lay it off hoggie`s knackered cant get back and that caused a lot of problems for the centre backs.

)3.benno and dan were made look like ametures sliding in and leaving holes in the centre with crowe in there. like bohs number 12 didn`t get his name but took the ****. cronin murray benno all slid in and missed.took coner o grady to sort it out

)4.just have to say diago mara halloran ledge
(team i`d love too see against longford.)

1.micky.d
2.alan carey
24.jonny andrews(a good game to see what the lad has to offer)
6.dan
22.hoggie

??.davie warren
19.coner
8.mara halloran
11.billy.

10.guy from the nike ad stickman....sorry george
9.jonny

an experimental tem none the less but a good one

niamh
24/04/2003, 12:30 PM
Don't think away in Longford is the time to experiment, but I do think City need a better pairing at centre-half. Bennett is a good player but not a centre-half.

Billy leaves whoever is behind him exposed constantly. The only time he ran at UCD was onto the pitch beforehand and at half-time.

No one should be allowed play simply because they have the potential to do something good. City need eleven players on the pitch for the 90 minutes.

tiktok
24/04/2003, 4:58 PM
i agree that bobby ryan is probably the best right winger in the league and that billy leaves whoever is behind him completely exposed, so that gaz might be a little hard done by with the comments. however, all that shows is how good hoggy was last year at left back, he never shirked defensive duties and often supplied more attacking ability on the left than billy did. he should be our starting left back all the time.

steven17
24/04/2003, 5:16 PM
good shout hoggie was very good at left back last season,cronin hasn`t the pace to be a left back nore the nows to be a good centre half really napper carried the lad last season but hoggie going back to left back shouldn`t have to happin we should have a left footed defender good enough to keep a place what about roddis was he promoted with the other lads could be a good shout

steven17
24/04/2003, 5:26 PM
also playing lads like andrews and warren who are hungry to get a season of first team footie could only help.lads who want to impress and stay in the side ,could give billy a kick up the arse to see players like warren playing well on the right or even left and keep doyler on the right to be far billys work rate stoped after about 10 games into last season and hasn`t got any better .