PDA

View Full Version : Best/worst ever City jerseys?

Muppet
23/04/2003, 10:33 AM
Best home: The last red one or the 1998 red one were great but the 1990-91 adidas 'West Germany' home jersey takes the gong here.
Best away: The Reservoir dogs just been sprayed in a drive by 1991-92 one was runner up to the black and yellow one (1993-94) (which i wore to the game on Friday night).

Worst home: Pyjamas, circa 1993-94 were awful, defo the worst ever.

Worst away: There was a minging Arsenal effort in the early 90s that looked god awful.

razor
23/04/2003, 11:44 AM
Black & Yellow is my favourite jersey of all time.

1992 white home with green and red stripes that run from the shoulder down the jersey, Class too. Got 2 of 'em for me 21st.

Worst Away was that cream effort a few years back and of course the pyjamas takes the biscuit for home jersey.

Muppet
23/04/2003, 3:00 PM
Yeah, forgot the cream jersey, that's well horrible.

More good 'uns than bad 'uns over the years though!

I only wear my Black and Yellow one the odd time now.

Troy.McClure
23/04/2003, 3:11 PM
That cream one was a class shirt! It sold out in record time as well. I never got one and I still regret it. The PJs one is cool in a sort of nonfashionable sort of way!;) The home shirt the year we won the cup was nice as well, as was the last Addidas red one that had the white bits on the side that was only worn for about 3 matches.

The worst is definitly the first green one that Le Coq released (and never worn by the team) ie the one I wore against the STIG boys in UCD last week:o

pete
23/04/2003, 3:17 PM
Granted i never had one but I can't believe everyone is dissing (i think thats the word the kids use these days) the pjamas jersey!

:rolleyes:

Has to get an A for originality?

Troy.McClure
23/04/2003, 3:20 PM
Originally posted by pete
Has to get an A for originality?

Exactly

:D :D :D

paudie
24/04/2003, 12:04 PM
I'm the proud owned of both the cream away jersey and the pyjama top.

The pyjama one was certainly original and if nothing else we wore it against Cwmbran, the only time we actually won a tie in Europe.

Cream jersey was cool in an understated way.

niamh
24/04/2003, 12:34 PM
The white away one from the last few seasons is class. Not worn much by the team but is a lovely shirt.