PDA

View Full Version : Dave Hill 0 - slk 2

sadloserkid
23/04/2003, 8:24 AM
Ah... last night was great fun! To see a Limerick side so dominate anybody, let alone Queenstown Ramblers, was a joy to behold. And make no mistake Limerick absolutely controlled last nights game with the exception of the last fifteen minutes when they were content to sit back and soak up the pressure. The team as a whole were excellent, every one of them sweated buckets througout. I think special praise is deserved by John Whyte and Brendan Sweeney who totally bossed the middle of the field and kept Ramblers out of it, Eoin Keating who again looked top-class and two-goal hero CiarĂ¡n Foley whose two cool finishes won us the game.

A few other thoughts about the game...

The pitch was disgraceful... apparently it's gotten better in the last couple of weeks but even when players were just jogging about there were clouds of sand thrown up and when your own fans can only give an embarrassed smile and mumble something about beach football you know you've got a problem.

Stephen Yelverton is wasted at right-full. I think he's probably the best attacking midfielder in the division and to stick him back there simply beggars belief. Seems a nice guy though, had some nice banter with him at a throw in at one point.

Not surprisingly, Hill's boys are (mostly) dirty as can be. Lots of late tackles, raised elbows and in the case of Tony Tynan at least one petulant kick off the ball. I admonished him. He was stupid enough to mumble something back. A few of us threw some more abuse at him. His dad or his boyfriend or somebody up the line from us got a bit annoyed and said so. I presented my case to the old git and he looked away to where our hero Tony was being dispossesed for about the 200th time by Eoin Keating. Beautiful.

The Cobh internet brigade seemed to be... er, well really, really small to be honest. The threat of violence that they promised here vanished almost as soon as they piped up in their unbroken voices "It's sadloserkid!" (the price of fame methinks) Overall though the Cobh fans were grand, met some nice people.

Anyway, great result for us and one that we needed. The Kilkenny game on Thursday will be important but if we win that (and we should) things will be looking up again.

Ah... damn it, I had fun!

Cobh Ramblers
23/04/2003, 10:43 AM
we were a disgrace,we didnt deserve to win if we had.

Ref was ok (im shocked!)

we were very very poor!!!

i thought when moorse came on he destroyed sweeney in midfield and he should of starrted,he gave a better supply of ball to us.

ramsie
23/04/2003, 5:23 PM
typical limerick fans trying to abuse the players.
Limerick wernt as good as you make them out 2 be infact they were pretty sh*t.
Cobh were more on top in the second half but they were still sh*t.
i hope thats a once off for cobh cause where going up with Dave Hill

sadloserkid
24/04/2003, 8:14 AM
Originally posted by ramsie
Cobh were ... sh*t.

Glad you could admit it.

You've got dirty players. Live with it. What am I saying, a juvenile like yourself probably thinks that's something to be proud of! Anyway, overall we destroyed you. You hadn't a meaningful effort on target over the 90 minutes. Of course you improved in the second half, you had a two-goal cushion and we could afford to sit back.

2-0 kid, try and take it like a man and not a Bohs fan! ;)

super rambler
29/04/2003, 6:13 PM
all the ''juveniles'' were saying that because they taught you were harry potter bud..rams were**** but limerick werent half as good as youmake them out to be..sweeney was good in midfield hill should of kept him

sadloserkid
30/04/2003, 8:17 AM
2-0 bud , accept it, stop making excuses and stop whinging about it alright? Sheesh, I can't believe I'm wasting my 1000th post responding to a message as bloody stupid as this one... :rolleyes:

ramsie
30/04/2003, 10:03 PM
ya can count yourself lucky with the 3 points it wont happen again this year.
Icant wait till we come to Limerick in our hundreds like we did last year.
id say there was about 40-50 Limerick supporters at it.

deise deserter
01/05/2003, 7:40 AM
No there was only about 15 to 20 of us there. It was mid-week, what else could you expect? Anyway I thought it was great to take a piece of silverware from ye at any rate...:p

sadloserkid
01/05/2003, 8:15 AM
Icant wait till we come to Limerick in our hundreds like we did last year.

Hundreds my @rse! You wanna spend more time at your maths homework sonny boy! 40-50 Queenstowners sounds a more realistic figure to me. The again, are you the same guy who said that ye had 1500 against Sligo... :rolleyes:

deise deserter
01/05/2003, 3:06 PM
Hey SLK! - Leave the kid alone!

Judging on the average age of their fanbase, they haven't begun counting in school yet!:D

Cobh Ramblers
02/05/2003, 5:09 PM
i agree that kid gets carried away somethimes!!!

super rambler
03/05/2003, 5:37 PM
come here go and support limerick if you want to back them

ramsie
04/05/2003, 6:54 PM
is that rat bag piece of sh*t called Cobh Ramblers.
Ill break your fu*kin legs
And we didnt have 1500 at the Sligo game we had about 1000

We had well over 150 supporters in Limerick last year(id advise you 2 bring your reading glasses next time
i cant believe im waisting my 37th post on this sh*t

super rambler
04/05/2003, 8:53 PM
wat a legend

sadloserkid
06/05/2003, 8:07 AM
Ill break your fu*kin legs

The Ramblers Juvenile Brigade promise violence to one of their own again, how nice... :rolleyes:

The kids all talk...

Anyway, this thread has gotten utterly pointless and personal so I'm going to lock it...