PDA

View Full Version : Team V St. Pats

Demoshield
20/09/2007, 8:20 AM
Should be an interesting team selection!

Stephen O’Flynn (Galway United) suspended for TWO (2) competitive matches and fined €50 as a result of being sent off v Drogheda United

Wesley Charles (Galway United) suspended for ONE (1) competitive match and fined €25 as a result of reaching four (4) penalty points.

Derek O’Brien (Galway United) suspended for ONE (1) competitive match and fined €25 as a result of reaching four (4) penalty points.

Bring it on:confused:

GuisaSaigon
20/09/2007, 8:45 AM
When was the last time Tracy featured? He should get his chance now, if Regi is OK we should survive without Wes. Murph should go up front instead of O'Flynn. A little enforced shake up might not do any harm.

corbyeire
20/09/2007, 9:57 AM
id agree stick murph up front for Oflynn

wes no bother - think he is finally getting seen as nothing but a wall - to use as centre back only

lester and fitz have that covered

hopefully regi makes it - it looked like a bad tear - he was held up instantly - may have to take the chance on tracy - think he is more suited to a passing game - not a rough grinder game player i think

now is the time for ohalloran and fagan to step up with robson and russell can do a job here too - particularly if ohalloran has to cover for regi

cookie too much tokenism - dont bother jumping for a header unless your going to get near it - likewise for a tackle - jesus he frustrates me

admittadly without DOB where is the attack on the wing coming from - but i think these lads are due a performance again at home

and glynn up front again - he is due one

inthestand99
24/09/2007, 1:27 PM
Lester is suspended!

corbyeire
24/09/2007, 1:35 PM
crap! any news on regi?

feo123
24/09/2007, 1:45 PM
this game is off if pats draw with bohs tonight

gufct
24/09/2007, 8:58 PM
Lester is suspended!
where is that from cant see it on any other site.

inthestand99
24/09/2007, 9:04 PM
No matter Bohs won. Regi is fine. Robson is struggling.

Tir Oilean
25/09/2007, 9:09 PM
Is Lester suspended? I havent seen this anywhere either.

Btw EL legend Tom, formerly of Tom Watch, told me tonight in Turners Cross that we have nothing to worry about cos we'll be staying up. He said Pat's wont beat us on Friday either because they were terrible against Bohs last night! He also sends his apologies but he cant make it to Terryland on Friday as he has to see Cobh in Ballybofey.

DRDoc
26/09/2007, 1:27 PM
galway independent and galway fm are saying lester is suspended anyway

Who will play left back? Reilly?

snookerloopy
26/09/2007, 1:41 PM
expect some under 21s in the squad

Tribalhooie
26/09/2007, 4:14 PM
If he is suspended i would like to see the following back, assuming they are all fit and available:

rback Greg
cback Fitzy
cback Wes
lback Keano

I know that people dont like wes lately but i think he plays far better in centre back than full back. Obviously i will put in Reggi instead of Wes but as far as i know he is injured.

Rodgers
Keano Greg Fitzy Treacy
Fagan Robson Murph Cooke
Glynn Vinny

gufct
26/09/2007, 4:23 PM
If Reggie is fit i would go with this

Rogers
Keano
Reggie
Fitz
Reilly
Russell
Greg
Robson
Tracey
Glynn
Murphy

There are 3 or 4u21's that might be challenging for a place Walsh,Dowling,Ward & Keane have been excellent anytime ive seen them.

Tir Oilean
26/09/2007, 7:54 PM
Reilly at left back!!!! Your havin a f**kin laugh GUFCT Id put Goughie over there before Reilly! Stick in an under 21 lad whose goin to fight like a terrier and show passion for the Jersey for the 90 mins and you'd be better off. Reilly had 1 improved performance all season and it was still poor.

gufct
26/09/2007, 8:05 PM
he played very well away against Pats after a very ropy 15 mins. If tracey is ging to play wide left its too much of a gamble playing some untried youngster.

The other option would be to play Greg Right Back switch Keano and play Fagan. we are down to the bare bones with 4 players suspended and doubts over Reggi and Daryll so we have to pick whose fit and available.

GuisaSaigon
27/09/2007, 10:27 AM
Advertiser says Billy has been called into the squad!

gufct
27/09/2007, 11:23 AM
Preview Here http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/match-previews/team-news-galway-united-v-st.-patricks-ath.html . Were down to the bare bones with 5/6 1st team teamers missing so we need the supporters to stick with the lads from 1st to last minute even if we go a goal behind.

Conor H
27/09/2007, 11:29 AM
Preview Here http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/match-previews/team-news-galway-united-v-st.-patricks-ath.html . Were down to the bare bones with 5/6 1st team teamers missing so we need the supporters to stick with the lads from 1st to last minute even if we go a goal behind.

If players give 100% supporters give them 100%.Very simple really.
You don't need to tell everyone to stick behind them-they will as they always do.But if they don't bother why should supporters?
Regardless 3 points is a must really.Draws cant be accepted at home every week.

gufct
27/09/2007, 11:48 AM
Connor you would make a great boss!!!!!!!

Claret Murph
27/09/2007, 12:03 PM
I love to see Billy play just one more time and score the winner in time added on , just like he did in the past ........

Tir Oilean
27/09/2007, 1:31 PM
Imagine the roar he would get if he played!!!! He should still be registered as a player with us id imagine. But we dont want to be deducted points so it better be thought through. Think he would be just the tonic for Utd's second home win of the season.

Tir Oilean
27/09/2007, 1:36 PM
Alan Kelly great ref :rolleyes: I'm not looking forward to seeing him in Terryland tbh.

inthestand99
27/09/2007, 2:33 PM
:ball:Rodgers
Reilly
Fitzy
Reggie
Keano
Treacy
Greg
Foley
Barry
Murphs
Vinny.
How about that!

gilberto_eire
27/09/2007, 2:36 PM
Reilly
Fitzy
Reggie
Keano
Treacy
Greg
Foley
Barry
Murphs
Vinny.
How about that!

:eek: i presume your having a laugh with that team, its about the worst what could be picked!!

gufct
27/09/2007, 3:32 PM
well gilberto seen as we have 15 players available plus the u21's lets see your team.

Olander
27/09/2007, 3:44 PM
Rogers
Ohalloran
Keane
Regie
Fitz
Russell
Murphy
Fagan
Tracy
Faherty
Glynn

eamo1
27/09/2007, 3:47 PM
Was watching him ref that pats bohs game on monday and he gave loads of dodgy decisions to pats.i know both teams were kicking the crap out of eachother but he seemed to let pats away with alot.if he repeats that situation on friday night we will be scrwed.the last time we played them here it was a good match and we should have won.
we need results now instead of good performances and hard luck stories.
prediction:1-1,maybe 2-1.

Terry
27/09/2007, 4:41 PM
isnt regi only 50-50 for the match also?

gilberto_eire
27/09/2007, 5:40 PM
just for you so GUFCT since your always so concerned about me;)

Rogers
Keane Reggie Fitzy Greg
Tracy Fagen Russell Cooke
Murphy Glynn

theres no need to be playing barry or phillip at this stage!... under-21's would offer more!

also to have Faherty in over Glynn is a bit much... proven goalscorer or young fella still learning the ropes(scoreless so far too)??. no question in my mind!

simple change of wes for reggie, if reggie isnt match fit

Olander
27/09/2007, 5:44 PM
Reilly
Fitzy
Reggie
Keano
Treacy
Greg
Foley
Barry
Murphs
Vinny.
How about that!ha? :o:(

inthestand99
27/09/2007, 6:58 PM
Dont say I didnt tell you.

Terry
27/09/2007, 7:13 PM
I think ye are picking the team ye would like to see whilst inthestand99 has picked a team which TC may pick himself and he could be right too ?? BUT hopefully not !!!!

gilberto_eire
27/09/2007, 7:42 PM
I think ye are picking the team ye would like to see whilst inthestand99 has picked a team which TC may pick himself and he could be right too ?? BUT hopefully not !!!!

ill agree with ya he could well be right TC always has to do the awkward thing.... BUT no way will Glynn be on the bench anyway!!

eamo1
27/09/2007, 11:14 PM
having no idea who "Inthestand99" is he does seem to have inside info though and that is probably the team unfortunatly.barry right wing again-wtf????????????????.

Tir Oilean
28/09/2007, 7:53 AM
Inthestand has the team as its goin to be and I dispair. Reilly is goin to be RRS. I really think anyone but Reilly at LB. I really feel sorry for the lad going into a position he cant handle. I know from interviewing the players that they would play anywhere to get on the first team but this is bazaar that TC persists with him. Barry Murphs and Vinny? 3 up front!?!

WoodquayBoy
28/09/2007, 8:13 AM
Apart from Reilly, no great problems with Inthestands team. Glynn has done absolutely nothing in last few games, it was his speed that killed Pats in Dublin, but with no one there looking like they can give any kind of service, he would be redundant. At least Vinny looks like trying all the time, and Murphs has a bit of experience, but why not stick Billy up front? He started life with United as a striker

Claret Murph
28/09/2007, 8:37 AM
Apart from Reilly, no great problems with Inthestands team. Glynn has done absolutely nothing in last few games, it was his speed that killed Pats in Dublin, but with no one there looking like they can give any kind of service, he would be redundant. At least Vinny looks like trying all the time, and Murphs has a bit of experience, but why not stick Billy up front? He started life with United as a striker

I would say you are right about Glynn but how is he going to score when he all he gets is high balls up to him from the back ? the balls into channels is his game for him to run onto . As for Barry up front PLEASE not again . i don't think Billy will start but if we are down by a goal I am sure he will be sent up front with ten minutes to go .
Now if I was calling in charge I would give him 20 minutes at the end no matter what the score was as Billy will always do a job for the team .

Tir Oilean
28/09/2007, 8:46 AM
As eamo1 says itll be barry on the right wing probably.

WoodquayBoy
28/09/2007, 8:54 AM
Totally agree with you Claret Murph. As for Derek, the admittedly very rare time in the last few games I have seen when the ball has been played for him to run on to, he, er, well, he hasn't bothered his a*se. He needs a big man up beside him anyway to run onto little layoffs.

galwayhoop
28/09/2007, 9:20 AM
Totally agree with you Claret Murph. As for Derek, the admittedly very rare time in the last few games I have seen when the ball has been played for him to run on to, he, er, well, he hasn't bothered his a*se. He needs a big man up beside him anyway to run onto little layoffs.

agree here too.

Glynn is only ever effective when playing beside O'Flynn. I'd be happy enough with Murphs and Vinny.... and BillyC to come on and nick the winner!!!! :)

corbyeire
28/09/2007, 9:24 AM
reilly and moran on the pitch again - talk about trying to prove a point by TC

as for faherty - i have seen him miss open goals from 5 yards this season - glynn lazy and all as he is - has 7 league goals

i would want him there if we are lucky that one of our punts actually breaks into the path of any galway player

not too confident at all now

gufct
28/09/2007, 10:16 AM
lads we are missing 5/6 1st team players depending on whether Reggi is fit.It would weaken the midfield if Greg was taken out of it to play full back and Philip is naturally a left sided player and has played there before.

None of us are at each training session so we cant possibly decide who is up for the game or not but whichever team is picked give them a chance and your backing rather than abusing them before they even kick a ball.

Tir Oilean
28/09/2007, 10:21 AM
GUFCT I was pretty sure Reilly was a central player. If he is a left sided player its makes it worse on him cos he cant play left at all and he shouldnt be at the club!!! As hoop said there a late goal from Billy would be nice......remember when that happened before!!!! Paddyfield should remember it!

WoodquayBoy
28/09/2007, 11:18 AM
GUFCT, why do you automatically assume the players are going to get dogs abuse before a ball is kicked? Jaysus man, will you give the die-hards on here a bit of bloody credit. Of course everyone will get behind the team, but at least some of the guys and gals here are honest and sensible, they believe mistakes will be made with the team selection and are not afraid to say so. Just remember, if we do go down, and on some stinker of a day in late October next year when Kildare are in Terryland, most of the crowd at the game will be the guys and gals on this forum.
United has a lot of supporters, but it needs more fans like the people here. Fans. Short for fanatics.

Tir Oilean
28/09/2007, 11:25 AM
Odds with Paddy Power for tonight

United 15/8
Draw 21/10
Pat's 5/4

WoodquayBoy
28/09/2007, 11:29 AM
Utd at 15/8 is a bloody joke, no wonder he can afford to throw money at the Tongan rugby team with ridiculous odds like that