PDA

View Full Version : Turkish Wives Club!

strangeirish
20/09/2007, 2:05 AM
Just watched the Late Late Show online and saw the three wans on there going on about Turkish men, or in their case, boys. I'm fairly open minded, but are these women on crack? The Lady, Eileen, looked liked she could beat the living **** out of you if you disagreed with her. The two Turkish lads in the audience were very skeptical of them. I had to laugh at the younger Turkish lad, who is married to an Irish woman his own age, using some local lingo, i.e. 'chancers', 'holidays' etc. Anyway, fair play to them or are they just skangers?

Just a footnote, the Eileen lady came out with some gems. "If ya had a hump on yer back and a marble eye, you'd get picked up in dat place" or when she was asked if she was on the rebound..." Dee only way to get over a man is to get under anudder"

Risteard
20/09/2007, 2:37 AM
Just watching it now.
You've got to admire how they sandwich a grieving family talking about their father dying after an assault between a guy squeezing himself through tennis rackets and a woman talking about how great kick-boxing is.

drummerboy
20/09/2007, 8:20 AM
Just watching it now.
You've got to admire how they sandwich a grieving family talking about their father dying after an assault between a guy squeezing himself through tennis rackets and a woman talking about how great kick-boxing is.

I noticed that too. First a family on talking about their loved ones been beaten to death on our streets and then they show a clip of a young woman beating the living daylights out of another woman in a boxing ring. How thoughtless.

Magicme
20/09/2007, 8:22 AM
The programme that they were on was so cringeworthy I could only watch for a few mins.

In fairness, when I was in Turkey with my then husband and was 6 months pregnant, I got flirted with non-stop. I was given presents by men because of my blue eyes and black hair. Our waiter in the hotel flirted at every meal & drove my hubby mad. But I think it is just that alot of Turkish men see that a good way to keep tourists happy is to flirt and be friendly, doesnt mean you will pull!

Now where did I leave my passport & ticket to Turkey!

sligoman
20/09/2007, 9:54 AM
Saw the actual programme. That Eileen one would wreck yer head.

strangeirish
20/09/2007, 2:35 PM
Saw the actual programme. That Eileen one would wreck yer head.
In more ways than one!

Raheny Red
21/09/2007, 1:38 PM
Just watched the Late Late Show online and saw the three wans on there going on about Turkish men, or in their case, boys. I'm fairly open minded, but are these women on crack? The Lady, Eileen, looked liked she could beat the living **** out of you if you disagreed with her. The two Turkish lads in the audience were very skeptical of them. I had to laugh at the younger Turkish lad, who is married to an Irish woman his own age, using some local lingo, i.e. 'chancers', 'holidays' etc. Anyway, fair play to them or are they just skangers?

Just a footnote, the Eileen lady came out with some gems. "If ya had a hump on yer back and a marble eye, you'd get picked up in dat place" or when she was asked if she was on the rebound..." Dee only way to get over a man is to get under anudder"

Link?

Risteard
21/09/2007, 2:42 PM
www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/ (http://www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/)
Its almost similar to irish men going to the seedier Asian resorts.

NY Hoop
21/09/2007, 3:01 PM
So demeaning. In fact it was so bad though it was a skit.

KOH

dcfcsteve
22/09/2007, 10:21 PM
The programme that they were on was so cringeworthy I could only watch for a few mins.

In fairness, when I was in Turkey with my then husband and was 6 months pregnant, I got flirted with non-stop. I was given presents by men because of my blue eyes and black hair. Our waiter in the hotel flirted at every meal & drove my hubby mad. But I think it is just that alot of Turkish men see that a good way to keep tourists happy is to flirt and be friendly, doesnt mean you will pull!

Or more the case that "Western" women on holiday are feckin easy - particularly compared to the local girls......!

I'm loving yoiur idea that they don't really want to flirt with women - it's just a form of tourist attraction for them...... :D

Magicme
23/09/2007, 12:41 PM
Or more the case that "Western" women on holiday are feckin easy - particularly compared to the local girls......!

I'm loving yoiur idea that they don't really want to flirt with women - it's just a form of tourist attraction for them...... :D

It makes good business sense. Make all the women feel attractive and they will let their husbands drink more. Its funny coz as I said, I was very obviously pregnant, had my husband with me, so there was no way he was gonna get any joy but boy did that waiter flirt! He made me take off my sunglasses while sitting at the pool side restaurant so that he could see my eyes everytime he served us!

I do think it can be a game for them too, as you say in a lot of areas the women are sheltered more so the "Western" women coming in flashing the flesh gives them the opportunity to be more outrageous than they would normally be.

dcfcsteve
24/09/2007, 11:28 PM
It makes good business sense. Make all the women feel attractive and they will let their husbands drink more. Its funny coz as I said, I was very obviously pregnant, had my husband with me, so there was no way he was gonna get any joy but boy did that waiter flirt! He made me take off my sunglasses while sitting at the pool side restaurant so that he could see my eyes everytime he served us!

It's probably more likely to have the opposite effect - turnign off a lot of women and p!ssing off the fellas, who often are the ones holding the purse strings..

I do think it can be a game for them too, as you say in a lot of areas the women are sheltered more so the "Western" women coming in flashing the flesh gives them the opportunity to be more outrageous than they would normally be.

On my last trip to Turkey - admittedly 1994 - I had my wallet stolen by a 10yr old, endured watching the police beat him with a big stick when they caught him (he dropped the wallet when I ran after him), and then a 15yr old English girl in our block nearly caused a major diplomatic incident when it turned out that one of the waiters was being rather, ahem, too friendly with her against her wishes

Fun and games, eh......

Monkfish
27/09/2007, 4:21 AM
It's probably more likely to have the opposite effect - turnign off a lot of women and p!ssing off the fellas

Agree with what you said about the fellas, but you know a lot of Irish women will fall for anything with a foreign accent, cheesy smile and a tan:rolleyes:

Magicme
27/09/2007, 8:25 AM
Well its a better option than a snow white guy with red hair and a broad Mayo (sorry Mayo people) accent who's idea of romance is not to fart in bed the 1st time.

Monkfish
27/09/2007, 9:17 AM
Well its a better option than a snow white guy with red hair and a broad Mayo (sorry Mayo people) accent who's idea of romance is not to fart in bed the 1st time.

Yer own feckin fault, should have known better! Anyway theres prob a better chance you wont be visiting an STD clinic after Mr Mayo.

galwayhoop
27/09/2007, 10:05 AM
Agree with what you said about the fellas, but you know a lot of Irish women will fall for anything with a foreign accent, cheesy smile and a tan:rolleyes:

just like this guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=372Ah0Z_L1w&mode=related&search=)???