PDA

View Full Version : Mourinho Leaves Chelsea

Pages : [1] 2

gustavo
19/09/2007, 11:25 PM
Just heard he's left chelsea tonight its on five live

FarBeag
19/09/2007, 11:26 PM
Reports on Sky News that Jose Mourinho has left Chelsea. Just speculation at the moment.Nobody knows if he has left of his own accord or has been sacked.

holidaysong
19/09/2007, 11:43 PM
On BBC website now.

Noelys Guitar
20/09/2007, 12:00 AM
Sacked according to the times online site
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/chelsea/article2493403.ece

feo123
20/09/2007, 12:09 AM
sacked according to a senior chelski player aswell

Risteard
20/09/2007, 12:22 AM
Apparently, they'd 25,000 at the Rosenberg match and that was the straw that broke the camels back. A ridiculous decision.
Get ready Guus, your time has come.
It looks like the start of Abramovichs itchy feet. I imagine he'll become as trigger-happy as the Madrid presidents within the next few years.
I never went along with the idea that he should've won them a CL title after spending that money, given that you must win so many ties on the day.
Premiership will be a more boring league without him.

Risteard
20/09/2007, 12:51 AM
mutual consent
Statement at half one.
Chelsea Football Club and José Mourinho have agreed to part company today (Thursday) by mutual consent.

Cymro
20/09/2007, 1:10 AM
Good!

I hope this will learn the trophy-greedy f*cker at the head of the club that you can't treat managers like sh*t and try and meddle in their job.

Mourinho is a great manager and Chelsea will be the poorer without him. Now he's gone I expect a situation like at Hearts where the manager is basically a yes-man with the chairman controlling everything.

Getting rid of Mourinho for not winning the Champions' league when they are competing with clubs who essentially have the same buying power (ie limitless, or near enough) is just wrong. Abramovich has made a big decision to let him go and he could be on the end of a lot of stick from the supporters if things don't go their way.

Saint MacDara
20/09/2007, 1:10 AM
If Abramovich decided to pay big bucks for a great top class manager he need not look further than Fabio Capello.

Although he would be unlikely to accept a role where he'll be blamed for everything and never allowed to get on with the job after experiencing Real Madrid shoddy treatment (twice).

Risteard
20/09/2007, 1:22 AM
Bangon SMacD but I'd say he'll go with Huudink unless Abramovich had a chat with Juande Ramos in london tonight. They'd want to move quick and I guess they will.
The Chelsea fans are too spoilt to kick up a fuss but i got the impression that he was as close to the players as their teammates.
I'd expect a bit of an unsetled period on the pitch in the next few months.
They won't be right for Old Trafford anyway at all.

tricky_colour
20/09/2007, 4:24 AM
Looks like Abramovich is hoping to snap up Stan when he becomes available, maybe he knows something we don't ;)

Monkfish
20/09/2007, 4:40 AM
Looks like Abramovich is hoping to snap up Stan when he becomes available, maybe he knows something we don't ;)

Mourinho for Ireland! I can hear the new Lansdowne road already, jose....jose jose jose....jose....jose:eek:

SkStu
20/09/2007, 4:46 AM
please move this sh1te from this forum. And the other thread.

Sligo Hornet
20/09/2007, 6:39 AM
Mourinho for Ireland! I can hear the new Lansdowne road already, jose....jose jose jose....jose....jose:eek:

ONE Tricolour ruined with "Chelsea" is more than sufficient thank you!:eek:

The Swordsman
20/09/2007, 7:05 AM

Not another negative manager, please. :mad: Look at the players he had and how he had them playing.

drinkfeckarse
20/09/2007, 7:50 AM
The league will be a poorer place without Mourinho's personality IMO. I'd be shocked if it was anyone else other than Hiddink who takes over.

Hibs4Ever
20/09/2007, 8:08 AM
Good!

I hope this will learn the trophy-greedy f*cker at the head of the club that you can't treat managers like sh*t and try and meddle in their job.

Mourinho is a great manager and Chelsea will be the poorer without him. Now he's gone I expect a situation like at Hearts where the manager is basically a yes-man with the chairman controlling everything.

Getting rid of Mourinho for not winning the Champions' league when they are competing with clubs who essentially have the same buying power (ie limitless, or near enough) is just wrong. Abramovich has made a big decision to let him go and he could be on the end of a lot of stick from the supporters if things don't go their way.

I said the exact thing to a few lads in work this morning. And if the appointment of Avram Grant as manager does happen, it'll convince me even more

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/default.stm

gspain
20/09/2007, 8:15 AM
How come our World Class manager hasn't been linked with the job?

cavan_fan
20/09/2007, 8:31 AM
In a strangled effort to fit this into this forum,

If (as is possible!) Mourinho moves to Spurs, I can see Robbie etiher departing or playing as a winger (like Robben did)

The second might be quite good for us

beautifulrock
20/09/2007, 8:32 AM
According to the BBC Grant will get the nod. A crazy situation, the "real" Chelsea fans will be disgusted.

seand
20/09/2007, 8:32 AM

I think it's a bit early to be calling Ski McGee world class now!

I'd be worried that Abramovich will get in Capello and win everything in sight, but he'll probably stick with his old buddy Hiddink.

Roadend
20/09/2007, 8:33 AM
Abramovich wnats "sexy football", capello isn't going to give him that.

GuisaSaigon
20/09/2007, 8:34 AM

There were two at the Wales game:mad:

gael353
20/09/2007, 8:56 AM

Yes stan is the man! Hed prob drop the whole first team buy uniteds second string and every time he loses a game says something like "im on track, its a four year learning curve" etc etc even if he went as a coach, we could get rid of him on the cheep instead of sacking him as an unqualified coach on €450,000 a year, jesus who gave this much sought after guy that :rolleyes:

gspain
20/09/2007, 9:51 AM

I'd be worried that Abramovich will get in Capello and win everything in sight, but he'll probably stick with his old buddy Hiddink.

Ski McGee's Blue and White army. !!!!!!!!!!

John83
20/09/2007, 10:46 AM
Abramovich wnats "sexy football", capello isn't going to give him that.
My thoughts too. I think Hiddink is a likely candidate - RA clearly rates him (enough to pay him a big sum to manage Russia at any rate).

Him aside, I expect Chelsea will head-hunt a manager of an existing big club, rather than sticking to the unemployed and those at smaller clubs.

John83
20/09/2007, 10:47 AM
In a strangled effort to fit this into this forum,

If (as is possible!) Mourinho moves to Spurs, I can see Robbie etiher departing or playing as a winger (like Robben did)

The second might be quite good for us
Why mention Robben? Why not Duff? Or do you think Robben was a striker? He wasn't.

sligoman
20/09/2007, 10:59 AM
Mourinho 100-1 to take over Irish team:D. Just heard on Sky Sports News, a family friend of Mourinho said he's definitely going back to Portugal to take up a role with the Portugese national team. Not as manager straight away but will lead to it eventually.

Lim till i die
20/09/2007, 11:09 AM
If Abramovich decided to pay big bucks for a great top class manager he need not look further than Fabio Capello.

Capello is every bit as conservative as Mourinho hence the mad Russian (I give it six months before a tabloid calls him that) won't be interested

jebus
20/09/2007, 12:04 PM
Don't be surprised to see Mancini shown the door at Inter over the next few months and Mourinho brought in to replace him, or maybe I'm just being a bit hopeful with that

Cymro
20/09/2007, 12:16 PM

I assume Chelsea think he's an unrealistic target. ;)

John83
20/09/2007, 1:02 PM
I assume Chelsea think he's an unrealistic target. ;)
Paying compensation for him with two years remaining on his contract would probably stretch even Abramovic alright.

Monkfish
20/09/2007, 1:07 PM

Agree 100% but seriously though you think he'd even consider it for a second?

GuisaSaigon
20/09/2007, 1:13 PM

Don't tell Ski! He's always been world class ( in his own head ):)

Monkfish
20/09/2007, 1:13 PM
Not another negative manager, please. :mad: Look at the players he had and how he had them playing.

Horrible to watch i agree (when was the last time Ireland played 'total football') but cant really complain with what he's won over the last few years, obviously the blank cheque book did no harm:rolleyes: but he didnt have one of those at Porto and he done fairly good there.:ball:

Stuttgart88
20/09/2007, 1:24 PM
Just heard on Sky Sports News, a family friend of Mourinho said he's definitely going back to Portugal to take up a role with the Portugese national team. Not as manager straight away but will lead to it eventually.Scolari is suspended for 4 games & their campaign is seriously wobbling after conceding late equalisers in successive games last week.

John83
20/09/2007, 1:26 PM
Agree 100% but seriously though you think he'd even consider it for a second?
Depends on how financially motivated he is. If the salary wouldn't bother him, it might look like an interesting challenge. Pretty unlikely though. Obviously we're not going to trade down from Stan.

feo123
20/09/2007, 1:48 PM
mourinho to valencia?

Red4Eva
20/09/2007, 2:53 PM
mourinho to valencia?

i'm puttin money on that and i reckon atleti might have a look after the start they've had

superfrank
20/09/2007, 3:51 PM
Avram Grant has officially taken charge.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7004083.stm

Not sure what to think of it right now. I would've preferred Ramos, Hiddink or Capello. As for Mourinho, well Scolari's contract expires after Euro 2008....... I wish him the best of luck.

As a real Chelsea fan, I remember the Glenn Hoddle/Gullitt years with pain, I'm concerned and confused.

Mourinho was a very good manager. His time at Leiria (top three with no money in Portugal where they have a Big Three (Porto, Benfica, Sporting) that is near impossible to break, Boavista being the only team outside those three to win it since 1946) showed his promise, at Porto (winning back to back titles, UEFA Cup and CL at a team that were seriously struggling when he came in) he fulfilled it and a Chelsea he did well (first title in 50 years, every domestic trophy in three years).

Yes, he didn't lead us to the CL but he was doing a good job and he shouldn't have been sacked. The players loved him and most of the fans loved him.

Last season, we stumbled in not retaining the title (which imo is infinitely times more important than the CL) but Man U had a very good season and we still got second place.

I don't think one draw in the CL and 5th in the league after one month deserves a sacking. Which leads me to believe the stories about boardroom trouble. I'm sure Arnesen and perhaps to some extent Grant himself were one of many problems.

I still think they should have stuck with him. Good managers work through tough patches, good clubs have faith in their managers. Stability is the key to continuous sucess. Look at Man U, Arsenal. I'm starting to fear we may become the next Blackburn, here one minute, gone the next and a mangerial revolving door or a Hearts situation won't help.

I do however think that talks of a crisis, as propelled by Dunphy on the news just there, are crap. They've moved quick to appoint a new manager and at least the players know him.

Also, I don't think they'll sink without a whimper on Sunday. Surely going to Old Trafford and getting jeered, as I'm sure those kind Mancunians will, ought to rile the players up no end. Well, here's hoping.

sligoman
20/09/2007, 4:03 PM
Just heard on Sky Sports News, a family friend of Mourinho said he's definitely going back to Portugal to take up a role with the Portugese national team. Not as manager straight away but will lead to it eventually.As soon as Sky said this, within seconds, Paddy Power brought odds of 3-1 down to 1-3 on Mourinho taking Portugese job. Tis 4-9 now.

feo123
20/09/2007, 4:03 PM
is he the full time manager now? and not just until they find a replacemnt?

superfrank
20/09/2007, 4:11 PM
It seems to be a full time, long term appointment.

feo123
20/09/2007, 5:25 PM
stupid! can just see chelsea go down and down from here on in to be honest, always thought there was something bad about abramovich

DmanDmythDledge
20/09/2007, 5:30 PM
Also, I don't think they'll sink without a whimper on Sunday. Surely going to Old Trafford and getting jeered, as I'm sure those kind Mancunians will, ought to rile the players up no end. Well, here's hoping.
I think it will, he was the heartbeat of Chelsea for the past few years- the players and fans loved him. It's a big, big blow.

DmanDmythDledge
20/09/2007, 7:32 PM
"Mourinho had to leave" (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7004780.stm)

feo123
21/09/2007, 1:46 AM
it will hurt the players hard especially Terry, lampard, drogba and a couple more who really did like him, shevchenko will be happy i think
hard to know what kind of reaction it will bring on sunday, could spur them on and unite them even more, or it couls ruin them
they've got their yes man anyway now with grant!

does anyone know if billy mcculloch, the really funny guy left?

drinkfeckarse
21/09/2007, 8:03 AM
Pat Nevin called it spot on and it's what we all think too. Grant is only there until they get their man which in all likelihood will be Hiddink as soon as the qualifiers are over.

jebus
21/09/2007, 11:33 AM
I hear Drogba is the first Chelsea player who has told his agent to find him a new club, as soon as possible, with Lampard looking like he doesn't want to be there anymore could this be the beginning of the final nail being placed in Chelsea's coffin?

As for Grant, he'll be there until January, when Chelsea are struggling to hold on to their top 4 spot and will be replaced by Hiddink, who won't be able to match Wenger, Benitez and Fergie in the Premier League right away and will promptly be replaced by whatever the current flavour of the month is in football management, and thus Chelsea will go on, becoming the new Galacticos until Roman decides enough is enough, sells up to whoever will take it and Chelsea drift off back to their proper mid-table to relegation position

progress
21/09/2007, 12:06 PM
this seems like the hearts situation over again alrite, i can see problems ahead and ambramovich jumpin ship if all doesnt go well in the next few months.i can definately see a few of the players lookin for a way out.they could be the next disaster story if players leave and they dont make the cl