PDA

View Full Version : All is right with the world!

pineapple stu
19/09/2007, 12:42 PM
We're up five places in the latest rankings!

Now I usually defend the rankings, but even I'm confused with that me. Six years ago we were qualifying for our last major tournament, so it's not like we'd have lost a bad result or anything.

However, this time next year, we'll have slumped to a new record low as our 2002 World Cup results are taken out, giving Delaney the perfect opportunity to sack Stan before the next campaign begins. :)

Cymro
19/09/2007, 2:03 PM
We're up five places in the latest rankings!

Now I usually defend the rankings, but even I'm confused with that me. Six years ago we were qualifying for our last major tournament, so it's not like we'd have lost a bad result or anything.

However, this time next year, we'll have slumped to a new record low as our 2002 World Cup results are taken out, giving Delaney the perfect opportunity to sack Stan before the next campaign begins. :)

Don't they just take out the last 4 years now and not the last 6 years? I know it used to be 8 years, but I'm pretty sure they only use results from the last 4 years nowadays.

Also, the rankings mean nothing. If they affected seedings they might; but they don't, so they aren't worth worrying about. We rose 21 places because of two results. It's ridiculous.

carloz
19/09/2007, 4:43 PM
giving Delaney the perfect opportunity to sack Stan before the next campaign begins. :)

If looking at everyone of our performances in this campaign hasnt been enough for Delaney, nothin will