View Full Version : City3 Bohs 2

thecorner
22/04/2003, 8:56 PM
what ,makes them f*****s think they only have to turn up to get the 3 points

good start
may it long continue

bert
22/04/2003, 9:04 PM
Must have been some game, had to f******g work. Did City deserve the win? Was there many there?

Corkman
22/04/2003, 9:26 PM
Unbelievable game!!! Best game at the cross in at least a year.
Great crowd aswell and a good atmosphere. We probably deserved the win on our second half performance. We probably would've..actually definitely would've won by more if it wasn't for Jim O' Neill. Why is he allowed to continue reffing when its so blatantly obvious he doesn't know the rules.:confused: :confused: :confused:
Georgie was unreal. He really made the difference between the teams. Flynny was brilliant also but for man of the match I'd have to go for Greg. He was everywhere. He won so many tackles and led by example and his pass for the second goal was excellent. Murray and Bennet were very good at the back not to mention Devine with the penalty save and was beaten by 2 superb goals in fairness.Billy and Doyle had very good games on the wings.Especially Billy. Kev had to work hard because Rutherford was probably their best player. You saw how much it meant to players and fans aswell by them staying on at the end to celebrate. If we can take this form on the road there is no reaon we can't compete for the title. Well done Pat Dolan!!!

clarke
22/04/2003, 9:32 PM
Thanks for the update - I was glued to teletext all evening - couldn't believe it when it said O'Callaghan had scored on 90 mins. Is it premature to think that this could be our year? - Saturday night next will tell alot :D :D

Hitman
22/04/2003, 11:49 PM
I thought we were lucky to still be in it at half-time. The departure of Bobby Ryan and the introduction of Alan Carey made things a lot easier second half. Keegan going off also helped us get on top in midfield. Great fightback second half, but they were running rings around us in midfield for the first 45, and Gaz looked very static against Ryan.

James
23/04/2003, 8:27 AM
Big Club dwarfed by Mighty Rebel Army

2-1 down
3-2 up
city fcuked da boez up

:D

Ali-G
23/04/2003, 8:29 AM
Occasions like last night are the reason I go to league of ireland matches.
I was on holidays last season for the 3-2 win over Rovers. I'm just glad I was around last night for this season's classic. The confidence boost this gives the lads is huge. Bohs definitely have a sense that all they have to do is turn up, and the three points are in the bag. Not last night though. George was a legend, the bigger the occasion, the better he is. Credit to the whole team last night, and the crowd too. Greg, Dan, O Flynn all stood out too, but George owned the game. Fair play to Bohs for playing football, rather than the hoofball that St. Pats offered last week.

Real ale Madrid
23/04/2003, 9:30 AM
Bohs did anything but think they had to turn up. In fact they played extremely well in the first half. Credit should go to them as well for playing as they did. It would not have been unfair if we were 4-1 down at half time. That is what makes the win all the more satisfying, he character showed by the team was absolutely first class. The most skillful game at the cross last season was the 1-1 draw with bohs. Last nights game was an absolutely terrific advert for the eL and it was down to both sides. On the first half showing i am not getting too carried away we still have a long way to go. Longford should be a cracker now, wish i was going.

NorthoftheLee
23/04/2003, 9:40 AM
what a game.....i'm still fúcin buzzin this morning......big stupid smile across my face.......my hands and arms hurt from all the clapping..im hoarse as fuc too.......ahhhh the joys of it all.....

it was a great game...even if it had finished 2-2 it would have been a great game...but oh thank you George for that last second piece of excellence.......

Jesus even got a lot of the shed singing in the second half....with the grassy knoll and the corner singing aswell, got a great atmosphere going....the end of the game was class too, players coming over to the fans who were all still singing their hearts out...Excellent......

anyone see the ****e that went on with the bohs fans after the equaliser, there was suppose to be a bit of hassle with them...dunno the full story?? any witnesses????

PAT DOLANS REBEL ARMY:D :D

shedite
23/04/2003, 9:43 AM
The very best game ever!!!

Rovers was sweet last season but this was against the league champions. The O'Callaghan getting sent off last season and coming back to kick Hawkins ass was so sweet.

I just completly lost control at the end of the game. It was like been drunk. Don't remember the goals or anything. I've been singing "Rebel Army" all day in college.

Watching everyone walking around in theri united/real jerseys, I just feel sorry for them. How can they ever come close to feeling like we did last night.

It completly makes up for the pats game.

Troy.McClure
23/04/2003, 9:51 AM
I cant believe I missed it! :( Damn exams, + I missed the Rovers match last year (although I did go balistic when I found out the score. Was in a train somewhere between Prague and Frankfurt).

niamh
23/04/2003, 9:59 AM
Neither can I :(

Ruairi
23/04/2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
Jesus even got a lot of the shed singing in the second half....

Didn't know he was at the game... :D

citylove
23/04/2003, 10:13 AM
Unbelievable! Going absoluately mad that I missed it.....I really have to get back working in Cork! Anyhow roll on Saturday, it should be a great game as a win could see us going top!

NorthoftheLee
23/04/2003, 10:19 AM
Didn't know he was at the game

ahhahahhahah nice one!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Dricky
23/04/2003, 10:28 AM
When are they going to do Streeaming so we can get the match on the web????

eoinh
23/04/2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Ruairi
Didn't know he was at the game... :D

Hes Everywhere. Goalkeeper apparentley. Saves alot.

i was in the stand. even WE were singing.

Great match. I didnt think Billy played that well actually but great result and i was on a high all last night.
Thats what football is all about. The more i see Murray the better he looks.

applehunter
23/04/2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
?Jesus even got a lot of the shed singing in the second half....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't know he was at the game...

The Bishop was at the game. Whether he was in the Shed or not, I'm not sure?

James
23/04/2003, 10:52 AM
REBEL ARMY *drum drum*
REBEL ARMY *drum drum*

Satoshi
23/04/2003, 10:58 AM
What a match, brought a friend along for his first eircom league math, hes hooked now. Sadly I don't seeing it get any better for him.

To be honest wasn't too impressed with Woodsy last night, but still played his part.

Did Georgie O Callaghan get the first as well, hard to see from the St Annes end?

And in response to the ref being poor, in fairness to him I thought he did quite well.

Maybe this is the start of something big, and my god those Bohz fans are the biggest bunch of pavvies I've ever seen, could not take a beating by us 'sheep sheep shaggaz', bast**ds shouldn't bother coming down here if they plan on carrying on like they did last night.

GO ON CITY!!!

yur man
23/04/2003, 11:04 AM
Dricky:
When are they going to do Streeaming so we can get the match on the web????

100% with ya on that one. it wud make a huge difference to hear wats goin on. it cant be that hard to sort out.

@ndy
23/04/2003, 11:10 AM
fickle til you die.

City for the league....i give ya 2 months before you're questioning Dolan's pride in the city name :P

pete
23/04/2003, 11:11 AM
Sweeeeeeeeet result alright! George scoring with almost the last kick of the game made it all the better. Made the drive up to dublin that bit shorter although didn't find any bores on the road back to taunt ;)

Would be hard to deny Bohs were the better team on the night but city won cos of pure passion & commitment.

Thought Bennet not at his best at the back but fullbacks coped with bohs wingers without getting too stretched.
Greg continues to improve & maybe Dolan can turn him into a junior Hunt by the end of the season.

Playing George up front IMO is his best position as he can drop back into midfield if he chooses & becomes very hard to mark then. Brilliant calm to slot the winner away in injury time. Thought O'Flynn also did great work for the first city goal.

IMO city were able to match the Bohs passing football once we got near the penalty area. We just not able to play passing football through midfield to get it to the attacking area.

Was up in the St Annes end for the 2nd half.
- Who are these people there? whatever about singing barely any even clap the players for shots or good work.
- Was amazed then to hear the st annes end erupt in song after George scored the winner.

I defy anyone to say that wasn't a bargain €10 last night. The football may not have been skillful in all areas of the pitch but who can say any tv match is better than last night?

patsh
23/04/2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by pete
I defy anyone to say that wasn't a bargain €10 last night. The football may not have been skillful in all areas of the pitch but who can say any tv match is better than last night?
I have to say it was a bizarre experience coming out of the Cross, with that incredible buzz from the game, and to walk into the Evergreen to see a silent bunch of open-mouthed, glassy-eyed drinkers staring at a TV. I could hardly speak to order the pint and for about 20 seconds, until a big bunch of City fans started to arrive in, I couldn't believe the eerie feeling in the pub. The sound was down low, there was absolutely no excitement amongst the barstoolers and I felt I was interrupting a particularly tense Chess game!
I suppose they spent a lot more than €10 to be "entertained".
If they only knew.....:rolleyes:

James
23/04/2003, 11:40 AM
ahem

REBEL ARMY *drum drum*
REBEL ARMY *drum drum*

playing the second half over and over in my head :D

BOF
23/04/2003, 11:40 AM
Second game at the Cross (and brought along a buddy as well!). What a change from the week before. Chalk and cheese.

When O'Callaghan hit the winner the whole place went mental. Best 13 euros i ever spent (only 3 euro for the child!!).

Thought Bohs were good in the first half--nice first touch and good passing and close control. However City picked up bigtime after halftime (think Carey had a lot to do with it at right back). Thought Kevin Doyle was good and of course our 2 strikers and Mick Devine. Agree with some of the comments abouts Woods - thought he was very anonymous and not involved at all. His fresh air shot at the St Annes end just about summed up his night.

Did City deserve it---just about and the late late goal also gobsmacked all those Bohs boys in the far corner.
Wat a night

brendan

paudie
23/04/2003, 12:12 PM
I thought we did deserve it.

Bohs were very good in first half and should have been further ahead at HT but didn't go for it at all in the second half.

Did you see Keegan taking as much time as possible to get off the pitch with about 25 mins to go? Looks like Kenny told them to hold on to 2-1 at half time.

City got stuck in and went for the win. even when it was 2-2. Bohs were better footballers but its not just about that.

Georgie(and I'm not his biggest fan) was class last night. Greg had a blinder in the second half after a poor first. Doyle is coming on well.

Should be a good season. Roll on the flansiro on Saturday!

Colm
23/04/2003, 12:17 PM
Fooking hell I'm still on a massive high after that, what a game, what a result, what an atmosphere.

I thought George was outstanding again, delighted he got his revenge on Honker Hawkins. It was such a brilliant game and what a sweet way to win it.

The atmosphere was electric, the grassy knoll is the job it acts as the connection between the Shed and the Corner and enables everyone to sing in unison. The flags were great again, had to take a rest form waving them at the end I was so wrecked. The crowd cover in the shed is also very good.

Anyone who was at last nights game couldn't have gone home without being impressed with what they saw, it was top notch entertainment and that result ensures big crowds for quite some time.

Bohs = Big club, yeah right!

Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
:D :D :D

Roll on Longford!

NorthoftheLee
23/04/2003, 12:33 PM
or as we were singing it in the shed:

Pat Dolan's
REBEL ARMY
Pat Dolan's
REBEL ARMY
Pat Dolan's
REBEL ARMY
Pat Dolan's
REBEL ARMY
Pat Dolan's
REBEL ARMY
Pat Dolan's
REBEL ARMY
Pat Dolan's
REBEL ARMY
Pat Dolan's
REBEL ARMY
Pat Dolan's
REBEL ARMY
Pat Dolan's
REBEL ARMY
Pat Dolan's
REBEL ARMY
Pat Dolan's
REBEL ARMY
Pat Dolan's
REBEL ARMY

can't stop singing it all day...my hands are still killing me.....:D (obv. from clapping and not anything else...):confused:

James
23/04/2003, 12:35 PM
my head is rocking to the tune of

Rebel Army
drum drum
Rebel Army
drum drum
Rebel Army
drum drum
Rebel Army
drum drum

*self proclaimed Big Club demolished by Rebel Army

Satoshi
23/04/2003, 1:08 PM
As a person who regurlarly frequents the St Annes end, last night was something brilliant, finally we had the atmosphere that was always wanted and needed.

Just shows that if City can do it on the field they will have the supporters. Never seen the ground take so long to empty, brilliant stuff.

But please tell me if Georgie got the first as well as the last or was it Greg who got the first???

pete
23/04/2003, 1:14 PM
Originally posted by Satoshi
But please tell me if Georgie got the first as well as the last or was it Greg who got the first???

Yes George got the first (rebound from O'Flynns effort) & last goals of the game.

I was actually disappointed by the St Annes end. Were few people even willing to shout encouragement or even chat some the efforts by city that didn't result in goals.

Satoshi
23/04/2003, 1:19 PM
Thats normally the case, I agree and it annoys myself and my friends coz we always try but really it's impossible to get some people going, but I definitely felt that it improved enormously last night and hopefully its the start of the entire ground getting behing the team.

Another point to note is the fact that it aint that easy to hear the shed from the St Annes end because we are always so close to the away fans who always seem to drown us out.

ian
23/04/2003, 1:40 PM
It was a good match to watch and all of the fans from the corner the grassy knoll, and the shead, all one last night. I am still buzzing from the game and i can't get that chant, out of my head.

pat dolan's barmy army
pat dolan's barmy army
pat dolan's barmy army
pat dolan's barmy army
pat dolan's barmy army
pat dolan's barmy army
pat dolan's barmy army
pat dolan's barmy army

pat dolan's barmy army

Hope it will last because it feels good to go home or to the pub feeling like it did last night. COME ON THE REBIL ARMY:D :D :D

Real ale Madrid
23/04/2003, 2:08 PM
I watched the match from st. annes as i always do. some people did not even get out of thier seats for the first goal. but who cares. I sit up there because it is by far the best view of the entire ground. I was sitting up at the top behind the goal and there was loads standing behind me so the atmosphere was class especially at the end.

Btw it was brilliant the way the players appluded people all around the ground inc St Annes at the end .it is only right, sometimes you feel you have to be in shed/corner/grassy knoll to be a true fan. so i was really pleased about that.

James
23/04/2003, 2:10 PM
yeah i think i even heard a chant from the stand at one stage :D

SÓC
23/04/2003, 2:26 PM
Poor old bohs are not taking it well at all, look at this from their offical website, they are even in self-denial about the final score:D

Cork City 3-3 Bohemians

An offside injury-time goal gave Cork City an undeserved win in Turners Cross last night in a game which saw Glen Crowe score his one hundredth goal for the Gypsies. Mark Rutherford also scored for Bohs and Simon Webb missed a penalty.
bohemians.ie

pete
23/04/2003, 2:58 PM
...Simon Webb missed a penalty.

Technically the peno was actually saved eventhough was crap effort.

:D

The Derrynane 1
23/04/2003, 2:59 PM
Well all I've gotta say about Bohs is...

Hawkins.....
YA FREAK!!!!!

Pat Do-lan's Reb-el Army! :D

shedite
23/04/2003, 3:31 PM
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang
Rebel army
bang bang

Apologies for all those on Q+3 in the Boole library in UCC who've hat to put up with me beating a pen off the desk for the whole day. Just can't get the tune out of my head!!!

Gary
23/04/2003, 5:34 PM
Unreal is all i can say about that. possibly the best match this season! ;)

Hoarse as a mofúcka, still grinning like a twit when i think of the goal.

I would agree that it was a robbery, but i really dont care. Its noce that we can do that every now and then.

Thought Woods was rubbish and should never again play for City. We'd be better with 10 men on the field rather than have that uninterested waste of skin of the field.

Thought Carey played himself into the starting XI for Longford.

Twas just brilliant. Athmosphere was electric. Even the shed was singing (due in no small part to NOTLs persistence im sure).

Bring on anyone, we'll fecking bate em.

Oh and :

Bohs bohs fúckin bohs
Bohs bohs fúckin bohs
Bohs bohs fúckin bohs

dirty Dublin Bstards!