PDA

View Full Version : Under 21's

Superhoops
18/09/2007, 6:53 PM
Great win for the boys in the Enda McGuill Cup semi final against Galway. John Finnegan obviously has them playing well. Must be in with a shout of winning it now even though Derry will be at home.

BrayUnknowns
18/09/2007, 9:48 PM
it was quite a strange game, Bray totally bossed the 1st half without really testing their keeper. 2nd half was pretty much the same but Galway used their pace upfront much better, they had 2 really good chances on the counter attack - i don't know hoe there right sided midfielder missed their best chance of the game, 4 yards out with no one near him, shocking stuff. The lads deserved it over all, especially coming through the UCD match a few days before. Away to Derry in the final wil be a tough game and i'd expct there to be a very decent crowd at the game as well, hopefully it doesn't overwhelme the lads.

Only one thing that has me bafeled though is how Davy O'Sullivan doesn't start more games? For me he is by far the best U21 striker we have. Big and strong with bags of pace and most importantly he scores goals.