PDA

View Full Version : John Joe O'Toole

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

greendeiseboy
18/09/2007, 8:27 AM
This 18 year old lad made his debut for Watford last week and by all accounts is making a big impression there. Described as a tough tackling midfielder and as looking like a backing singer for Dexy's midnight runners by aidy boothroyd.

He was born in Harrow but with a name like that must have connections here.

Surely he would be worth a look at - at underage level at least.

ifk101
18/09/2007, 8:34 AM
Not related to the above player but there's a chap in Sweden called Kevin Walker that is eligible for us and is worth a look at. He's playing underage football with Sweden at the moment but that hasn't stopped the FAI before ;)
He has also recently signed for AIK who are one of the top teams in the Swedish league.

DIFChick
18/09/2007, 10:11 AM
There was an article there in DN a couple of months ago and the Walker brothers both seem open to play for either Sweden or Ireland.

Is the older brother still being coached by his father?

ifk101
18/09/2007, 10:16 AM
Is the older brother still being coached by his father?

No. The daddy got the sack from Örebro a couple of weeks ago.

Stuttgart88
18/09/2007, 10:20 AM
There was an article there in DN a couple of months ago and the Walker brothers both seem open to play for either Sweden or Ireland.

Either way, I'm sure there'll be "no regrets".

DIFChick
18/09/2007, 10:23 AM
Looking at their performance it was probably the right decision. But the man did a lot of good at ÖSK.

Hope the sons choose to play for Sweden, especially the younger one Kevin who seems quite talented.

soccerc
18/09/2007, 11:49 AM
Not related to the above player but there's a chap in Sweden called Kevin Walker that is eligible for us and is worth a look at. He's playing underage football with Sweden at the moment but that hasn't stopped the FAI before ;)
He has also recently signed for AIK who are one of the top teams in the Swedish league.

Kevin Walker has a better chance of playing in the yellow of Sweden than the green of Ireland and afaik turned down approaches before.

He's the son of Paddy Walker who lost his job as manager of Orebo few weeks ago, the same Paddy who was at the All Ireland final on Sunday :cool:

The Legend
18/09/2007, 8:22 PM
John Joe O'Toole ... whatever he does in life, he's got a cool name!

cheifo
18/09/2007, 10:22 PM
:D Very good stuttgart.

Sligo Hornet
26/09/2007, 12:35 PM
This young lad (18) has just signed his first professional contract at Watford, and has already had three substitute appearances for the first team.

He is a very strong and mobile midfielder, and pretty good in the air.

I don't know for certain if he qualifies for us, but he joined the Watford Academy as an eight year old from St.Josephs youth in Harrow ( and area in North London, like Kilburn, that should have a Dublin postcode )

Wolfie
26/09/2007, 12:38 PM
John Joe O'Toole - his ancestors don't hail from Peru with a name like that!!

smellyfeet
26/09/2007, 3:51 PM
John Joe O'Toole - his ancestors don't hail from Peru with a name like that!!

Maybe his Grandfather was "Scrap Iron O'Toole" anyone remember him from the Telly in the early 80's:D

Plastic Paddy
22/10/2007, 1:03 PM
Get him signed up for an underage side. It's always nice to have a few 2G lads involved. :)

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/localsport/display.var.1771185.0.otoole_to_get_the_nod.php

:ball: PP

greendeiseboy
22/10/2007, 1:11 PM
played saturday - got an 8 rating

Sligo Hornet
22/10/2007, 1:13 PM
John-Joe played from the start on saturday and certainly looked as if he had played at that level for a long time....very unlucky not to score with a cracking long range drive that the Hull keeper did well to tip over.:)

greendeiseboy
22/10/2007, 1:17 PM
under 19 uefa qualifier squad announced - he hasn't been called up - is he going to declare or are we going to miss out - any update sligo hornet - hate to think we would if he's a prospect

drinkfeckarse
22/10/2007, 1:31 PM
Does he want to play for Ireland? I think that's the most important question.

OwlsFan
22/10/2007, 1:37 PM
Does he want to play for Ireland? I think that's the most important question.

No, I think the more important question is does he qualify? Your question is irrelevant if he doesn't :p

Dodge
22/10/2007, 1:40 PM
No, I think the more important question is does he qualify? Your question is irrelevant if he doesn't :p

And if he doesn't want ot play, the matter of him qualifying or not is irrellevant ;)

paul_oshea
22/10/2007, 1:49 PM
http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/localsport/display.var.1771185.0.otoole_to_get_the_nod.php

How ironic is it, that when i clicked that link, an add from barclays came up and a british passport appeared taking up most of the add!!

supasparx
29/10/2007, 6:57 PM
Someone I know has told me this 19yr old, 2nd generation Irish lad will be called up to the next U-21 national squad, pending him getting his passport through and getting citizenship.
He's showing great promise at Watford after coming back from a loan spell at Wealdstone, who a mate of mine goes to watch.
Nice to hear of more promising talent coming through, especially at such a high flying club.

greendeiseboy
30/10/2007, 8:07 AM
just checked out watford official website and his nationality is stated as republic of ireland so can assume he has declared - btw anyone see him play last night

Sligo Hornet
30/10/2007, 9:26 AM
just checked out watford official website and his nationality is stated as republic of ireland so can assume he has declared - btw anyone see him play last night

Yes....but then again I would;).....he had another strong game, and looks better every game.He will improve further when we get a decent central midfielder ( Gavin Mahon is a spent force ) for him to play alongside.

Stuttgart88
30/10/2007, 9:30 AM
I wanted to. I told Mrs Stuttgart I wanted to watch a bit of it on telly last nigyt. "What, another useless teenage Irish kid, yeah?" she responded. Having made her watch England beat our U21s 3-0 live on TV I didn't have much to argue.

Still, from the 5 mins I saw I can say that at least he's not another Irish shortarse.

paul_oshea
30/10/2007, 10:50 AM
I wanted to. I told Mrs Stuttgart I wanted to watch a bit of it on telly last nigyt. "What, another useless teenage Irish kid, yeah?" she responded. Having made her watch England beat our U21s 3-0 live on TV I didn't have much to argue.

Still, from the 5 mins I saw I can say that at least he's not another Irish shortarse.

You need a "type of box" or even a Linux machine stutts, ye wouldnt have to worry about any of this stuff!!! Ye can record multiple things at once and/or stream more than one channel in your house.....no extra cost either just the price of the box!

Stuttgart88
30/10/2007, 2:11 PM
I gotta pick my battles. Palace vs Watford to watch a guy who may not even decide to play for us wasn't worth putting up for debate.

greendeiseboy
30/10/2007, 2:22 PM
I gotta pick my battles. Palace vs Watford to watch a guy who may not even decide to play for us wasn't worth putting up for debate.

F*ck me the sooner sheep learn how to cook the better

eirebhoy
06/11/2007, 11:00 PM
He's in the U21 squad.

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2600

tetsujin1979
06/11/2007, 11:37 PM
Either of those games on the box?

eirebhoy
06/11/2007, 11:44 PM
The Bulgaria match is on Sky Sports 2.

Sligo Hornet
07/11/2007, 6:11 AM
Watching him devlop close up, I can tell you it won't be long before he makes the Senior Squad!......well done John Joe!!!!:):)

kingdom hoop
07/11/2007, 6:40 AM
Watching him devlop close up...

You're painting a picture in my mind of you as a mad professor analysing him under a microscope, twiddling with the focus to record the perfect analysis of his every attribute. :eek: :D

Sligo Hornet
07/11/2007, 7:15 AM
You're painting a picture in my mind of you as a mad professor analysing him under a microscope, twiddling with the focus to record the perfect analysis of his every attribute. :eek: :D

Less of the "Mad" Kingdom!;)

Ash
07/11/2007, 7:21 AM
The Bulgaria match is on Sky Sports 2.

That game is being played in Athlone Town Stadium
for anyone wanting to go to watch it.

Pity Alan Sheehan isn't in the squad though!

kingdom hoop
07/11/2007, 7:37 AM
Less of the "Mad" Kingdom!;)

Ah now, no need to be so waspish (geddit!) but it's probably just in your nature isn't it. :D

What could I do, that was the image of you coming through. Anyway, professors have to be mad, all the good ones are at least. I mean who wants to be just a plain old professor? I did toy with nutty but felt it derisory, mad gives you more of an air of mystique, perfect for one of our esteemed foreign correspondents. :)

greendeiseboy
07/11/2007, 1:09 PM
Hey i must be entitled to an award for highlighting jj and playing a part in his call up !!........ how about deducting my infraction points

Plastic Paddy
07/11/2007, 6:34 PM
Watching him devlop close up, I can tell you it won't be long before he makes the Senior Squad!......well done John Joe!!!!:)

I hope you're right SH - after all, i) he's a Watford player, ii) he's 2G and proud and on top of that iii) he's from our neck of the woods - but I can't help thinking "Al Bangura" every time I've seen him so far... :eek:

Sligo Hornet
07/11/2007, 8:24 PM
I hope you're right SH - after all, i) he's a Watford player, ii) he's 2G and proud and on top of that iii) he's from our neck of the woods - but I can't help thinking "Al Bangura" every time I've seen him so far... :eek:

You're right PP in as much as he is a hard tackler, like "Bang", but he has so much more in his attacking locker and a keen eye for goal ( although yet to hit the net for the first team ).....and like you say fits "our" criteria;)

macdermesser
21/11/2007, 7:43 AM
GKERHMtjRr8

Hopefully the first of many..

shakermaker1982
21/11/2007, 7:48 AM
he did well last night when he came on, nice finish to boot. Good luck to the lad.

Stuttgart88
21/11/2007, 7:58 AM
Pity Alan Sheehan isn't in the squad though!he was in the end - your boy done well.

RogerMilla
21/11/2007, 8:06 AM
he was in the end - your boy done well.

yes indeed , i thought sheehan was excellent

CollegeTillIDie
21/11/2007, 9:10 AM
Well they are wise enough to know '' The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore'' so the FAI should '' Make It Easy'' on themselves and sign these guys up. :D With regard to John Joe O'Toole, now we have a player in a green shirt who can score, can the FAI mad scientist division clone him please? :D

pateen
21/11/2007, 9:18 AM
Well don John Joe, nice ball by nolan as well

EAFC_rdfl
21/11/2007, 10:27 AM
played very well when he came on, nice header, fair play to the lad, and it shut up the fanatic bulgarians beside me in the stand!!!! :D:D

greendeiseboy
21/11/2007, 10:36 AM
played very well when he came on, nice header, fair play to the lad, and it shut up the fanatic bulgarians beside me in the stand!!!! :D:D

they must have taken a wrong turn to have ended up in finn park watching ye destroy us:D:

paul_oshea
21/11/2007, 10:40 AM
TP, is JJO your NBF now? Is Coppel no longer yer NBF?!

EAFC_rdfl
21/11/2007, 10:46 AM
they must have taken a wrong turn to have ended up in finn park watching ye destroy us:D:

heard 2fm report live for the 2nd goal, sounded like the blue brigade were giving it plenty alrite! but the bulgarians were a sight some noise at times!

Sligo Hornet
21/11/2007, 11:23 AM
Well done John Joe...great finish!!:).....and just like Hunty, he proves you can be good with a mop of hair!!:D

theworm2345
01/12/2007, 6:30 PM
Just scored for Watford what could have been the equaliser had Darren Byfield not scored a late winner