PDA

View Full Version : Ceasefire

seand
18/09/2007, 8:27 AM
There was a beautiful moment at Bohs-Rovers last night, when for brief period of time the bitter rivals put aside their rivalry and united in the name of football. Two bands of rival soldiers put down their weapons, temporarily, like the famous Christmas football match in no-mans-land. It was the home fans who first reached out, and the away fans reciprocated. The great rivals joined forces, as the crowd rose as one to acclaim...

'Alan Kelly, you're a ******, you're a ******'

With such an ability to unite rival factions shouldn't we send him to Palestine, or maybe Darfur?

DesBoards
18/09/2007, 8:59 AM
:D

Brilliant post.

CJTheGull
18/09/2007, 11:51 AM
Very funny :D He's a good ref though.

Copa Mundial
18/09/2007, 12:00 PM
There was a beautiful moment at Bohs-Rovers last night, when for brief period of time the bitter rivals put aside their rivalry and united in the name of football. Two bands of rival soldiers put down their weapons, temporarily, like the famous Christmas football match in no-mans-land. It was the home fans who first reached out, and the away fans reciprocated. The great rivals joined forces, as the crowd rose as one to acclaim...

'Alan Kelly, you're a ******, you're a ******'

With such an ability to unite rival factions shouldn't we send him to Palestine, or maybe Darfur?

Very funny indeed.
It took a Cork man to bring Dublins 2 fiercest rivals closer together. I reckon he took a lot of satisfaction from that;) All in the name of football though. Good post:)

NY Hoop
18/09/2007, 12:00 PM

Very funny

KOH

razor
18/09/2007, 12:09 PM
I reckon he took a lot of satisfaction from that;) i'm sure he did ;)
I wonder if Hanney & Tuite take the same satisfaction from the baying abuse they get at the Cross.

Larry 'da' Wyse
18/09/2007, 12:40 PM
Very funny indeed.
It took a Cork man to bring Dublins 2 fiercest rivals closer together. I reckon he took a lot of satisfaction from that;) All in the name of football though. Good post:)

Dublin RRS by Cork :D

sonofstan
18/09/2007, 12:52 PM
He basks in the attention - bet it made his night

btid1
18/09/2007, 1:49 PM
Very funny indeed.

Ohhhh its all clear now.Thats why he didnt give a blatant penalty then and let his linesman over rule him all night it was for the good of the image of the game and to unite North and South Dublin!!

Kelly is an utter tosser and his inability to referee a game in a satisfactory manner has long been an issue that has gone unrecognised by the powers that be.What referee anywhere in the world has gotten away with the howlers this man has made and still get the top games in the country (Eg Bohs V Rovers)???

NY Hoop
18/09/2007, 1:57 PM
Ohhhh its all clear now.Thats why he didnt give a blatant penalty then and let his linesman over rule him all night it was for the good of the image of the game and to unite North and South Dublin!!

Kelly is an utter tosser and his inability to referee a game in a satisfactory manner has long been an issue that has gone unrecognised by the powers that be.What referee anywhere in the world has gotten away with the howlers this man has made and still get the top games in the country (Eg Bohs V Rovers)???

From where I was our player timed his tacle perfectly.

Anyway in complete agreement that he is a disgrace. Joxer raised his hands to our player and he gets a yellow. Of course there are people here that will defend him despite the irrefutable evidence. Biggest derby in the league and this clown is in charge? Did he get his FIFA badge in the pound shop?

KOH

Calcio Jack
18/09/2007, 2:28 PM
[QUOTE=btid1;773481]Ohhhh its all clear now.Thats why he didnt give a blatant penalty then and let his linesman over rule him all night it was for the good of the image of the game and to unite North and South Dublin!!

Wasn't a peno....and even if it was Barry Murphy (as usual) would've saved it...so Kelly actually did you a favour !!

Hibs4Ever
18/09/2007, 2:47 PM

Not by a long shot

btid1
18/09/2007, 3:30 PM
[QUOTE=btid1;773481]Ohhhh its all clear now.Thats why he didnt give a blatant penalty then and let his linesman over rule him all night it was for the good of the image of the game and to unite North and South Dublin!!

Wasn't a peno....and even if it was Barry Murphy (as usual) would've saved it...so Kelly actually did you a favour !!

Not surprised by this reaction from certain hoops but that said you must agree that if it was a free it was a pen because he was clearly 2 or 3 yards inside the box!!Dont know who I blame more Kelly or the linesman??

Agree on the joxer point though made by NY Hoop.If he raised his hands he had to go.Simple as that!

Copa Mundial
18/09/2007, 3:58 PM

TV showed that it was not a penalty. The assistant referee confirmed that by his reaction by moving back outside the penalty. A spot on decision if you pardon the pun.

sligoman
18/09/2007, 4:02 PM
Definitely not a penalty. Check the re-plays of it.

btid1
18/09/2007, 4:17 PM
TV showed that it was not a penalty. The assistant referee confirmed that by his reaction by moving back outside the penalty. A spot on decision if you pardon the pun.

Havent seen the replays but its funny that it was Kelly's initial reaction to run to the penalty spot!!

Not his first error though so I suppose and certainly not his last I'm sure!!

So did Joxer strike the Rovers player then?Did the footage show that?

Anto McC
18/09/2007, 5:12 PM
As a neutral there, i didn't think it was a Peno.

johemian
18/09/2007, 5:27 PM
I've seen the highlights and I'm not sure if it was a peno, but if Kelly gives the free in that position, it should of been a red card (or at least a yellow)

And as for Joxer he did raise his hands and in another game would've been a red card but he couldn't give it after the other incident.

HulaHoop
18/09/2007, 9:11 PM
He's such a shockingly bad ref its unbelievable. It's not like he's biased for or against either side he just constantly makes bad decisions, is inconsistent in his approach to giving out cards and is always liable to give a controversial decision so that the limelight is put on him. He basks in that. Every match he refs he makes himself the centre of attention. The c*** is probably sitting at home now reading this thread delighted we're all talking about him. And have you ever seen a ref to get in the way of the ball so often? A couple of times last night Rovers had the ball just outside the bohs box and went to pass it to the left wing only to find kelly there blocking the line of sight to the left winger :mad: and yet when theres a big decision (like last nights "penalty" incident) to be made the p**** is usually 30 yards away from the action.

I used to hate when John Feighery and Hugh Byrne reffed Rovers matches because nether of them ever gave Rovers anything but I'd rather have them two back over Kelly any day.

hoops1
18/09/2007, 9:38 PM
We won and i still thought Kelly was useless. He gets too many big decisions wrong. More wrong for Bohs last night I thought:p

Mr A
19/09/2007, 7:59 AM
Slightly off topic- but can anyone tell me what the ref and assistants get in fees and expenses for an EL match?

I heard the figures that the officials cost Harps for the cup replay with Galway United and was very shocked indeed, although that was midweek and I think someone said the FAI subsidise them for league games.

Réiteoir
19/09/2007, 9:19 AM
iirc - it's listed in the eL Handbook.

Unfortunately I do not have a copy :mad:

HulaHoop
19/09/2007, 6:22 PM
From where I was our player timed his tacle perfectly.

Yes and here is the proof. Not only was it well outside the box, he gets a full boot to the ball and knocks it out for a corner.

Erstwhile Bóz
19/09/2007, 8:26 PM
All that "proves" is that your centre half can levitate.

HulaHoop
19/09/2007, 10:21 PM
All that "proves" is that your centre half can levitate.

What is that old saying again - There are none so blind as those who will not see. ;)

Don't you think it proves the tackle was outside the box?

Dr.Nightdub
20/09/2007, 12:42 AM
Hard to tell just from those three pics but it's clear to me the Rovers player never got the ball - the Bohs player nicked it past him. If he had've got it, lunging like that, the ball would've been diverted towards the corner not continued on towards the box.

However, even if he only caught the Bohs player's trailing leg, there's no way the Rovers player made contact with him inside the box.

Free kick, yellow card but not a red as the number 2 was in position to get between the ball and the goal.

btid1
20/09/2007, 9:44 AM
Hard to tell just from those three pics but it's clear to me the Rovers player never got the ball - the Bohs player nicked it past him. If he had've got it, lunging like that, the ball would've been diverted towards the corner not continued on towards the box.

However, even if he only caught the Bohs player's trailing leg, there's no way the Rovers player made contact with him inside the box.

Free kick, yellow card but not a red as the number 2 was in position to get between the ball and the goal.

Totally agree.

Erstwhile Bóz
20/09/2007, 12:37 PM
Don't you think it proves the tackle was outside the box?
Ah yeah, definitely. Don't think everybody was saying it was inside, though; it was more the fact that there were no cards shown by "Mr. Kelly" that seems to have been the common grievous point.

Reminds me of the "goal or a penalty" tactic we used to use when we were kids on the green, to decide arguments over a shot that the defending team was adamant went over the post (jumper) and the attacking team was adamant just crept in. You'd pick up the ball and say, "Goal [to us] or [we get] a penalty!" and that (the penno) would sort it.

Heary should have come over, picked up the ball, and just gone to Kelly, "Well, it's a penno or a yellow/red card" and that would have been his choice. ;)