PDA

View Full Version : iPod

Angus
18/09/2007, 7:04 AM
What happends when the screen freezes ? Can it be fixed ? is it goosed ?

Eire06
18/09/2007, 7:50 AM
Happened to me a few times leave it a day or so and try again.
Will need to be charged again

Bluebeard
18/09/2007, 8:49 AM
Smack it against a table a couple of times. If it doesn't work after that, there must have been something really wrong with it in the first place.

Anyone the lend of an Ipod for the week?

max power
18/09/2007, 11:21 AM
hold centre and play button together for 5 sec or so and that should re set it. You'll know its reset when the apple symbol appears.

jebus
18/09/2007, 11:26 AM
What happends when the screen freezes ? Can it be fixed ? is it goosed ?

Happened to a friend of mine, she tried everything to fix it, eventually brought it back, but her warranty had expired so she just put it in a corner to collect dust. Two months went by and whilst looking for a book she found it and thought she's give it a try for the sake of giving it a try, and to her surprise it was working perfectly. Moral of the story, IPods are weird

Bluebeard
18/09/2007, 1:02 PM
Happened to a friend of mine, she tried everything to fix it, eventually brought it back, but her warranty had expired so she just put it in a corner to collect dust. Two months went by and whilst looking for a book she found it and thought she's give it a try for the sake of giving it a try, and to her surprise it was working perfectly. Moral of the story, IPods are weird

:D:D:D

pete
18/09/2007, 1:20 PM
hold centre and play button together for 5 sec or so and that should re set it. You'll know its reset when the apple symbol appears.

I have a Creative Zen & while the steps to reset are different it has also frozen on me a few times. Its probably a common electrical device issue.

Macy
18/09/2007, 1:26 PM
I have a Creative Zen & while the steps to reset are different it has also frozen on me a few times.
Reminds me to get an external drive to back up my Vision M. Reason I went with it was I was under the impression it was more reliable than the Ipods, as well as more bang for my buck compared to the equivalent Ipod.

John83
18/09/2007, 1:26 PM
Smack it against a table a couple of times. If it doesn't work after that, there must have been something really wrong with it in the first place.
And you've probably voided your warranty. Percussive maintenance is not recommended with small electronic devices.

Try pulling the battery and putting it back again. ;)

MojoPin
18/09/2007, 1:29 PM
all you have to do is toggle the hol button between on and off for about 5 secinds then hold the centre button and the top button(opposite the play button) on the wheel for another 5 seconds

this will cure ur problem...

Bluebeard
19/09/2007, 7:18 AM
And you've probably voided your warranty. Percussive maintenance is not recommended with small electronic devices.

Try pulling the battery and putting it back again. ;)

I'm afraid it's a while since I've managed to pull something successfully:(

Risteard
19/09/2007, 9:38 AM

This works for nearly all ipod problems.